PDA

View Full Version : steelers in 08

buccaneers#1fan
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
i think the steelers will be a better team next year.my prediction is 12 wins on the season.big ben throws for 3,876 35td and 7 ints. and willie parker runs for 2,079 yrds and has 17 tds and ward and holmes both catch over 1,000 yrds in the passing game.and i think they go at least to the afc champion game. tell me what yall think about your prediction in 08.

DIESELMAN
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Damn!! If FWP goes over 2000 yards, we're winning the SB. Its good to dream though. :lol:

yinzer
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
i think ben will come out like a maniac. he's going to light it up next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
If we ended up with those stats and didn't win the Super Bowl it would be a travesty :bwah:

Realistically Ben can throw for 40 TD's, but knowing him will still probably average around 10-12 int's.

FWP and his 2000 yds would depend greatly on what is done with the offensive line this year. If positive changes are made then anything is possible but our schedule will be considerably more tough. Realistically for FWP I'd probably say about 1400 yds again but more importantly is hopefully he's got more than 2 TD's next year.

steelerschick1220
01-14-2008, 09:44 PM
i think the steelers will be a better team next year.my prediction is 12 wins on the season.big ben throws for 3,876 35td and 7 ints. and willie parker runs for 2,079 yrds and has 17 tds and ward and holmes both catch over 1,000 yrds in the passing game.and i think they go at least to the afc champion game. tell me what yall think about your prediction in 08.

Dang! I like your thinking! If we get 10-12 wins next season and win the divison and make some noise in the playoffs, I would say that is a successful season. I certainly feel that Ben will improve even more next year and will come out firing next year. It is time for him to be considered with Brady and Manning, in my opinion. I would love for Willie to get that many yards. I feel like he should have won the rushing title this year. If we beat the teams that we're better then next year, that right there will make me happy.

K Train
01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
willie will never touch 1700 unless we have the best offensive line in the history of football

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Well, I do love your optimisim.

LatrobePA
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Ben is Ben, a stud I love the guy but 7 picks, I'd say at least 10-15 picks.

K Train
01-15-2008, 12:18 AM
he'll probably get a $100 million contract and throw 40 picks lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-15-2008, 02:12 AM
he'll probably get a $100 million contract and throw 40 picks lol

KTrain don't jinx the guy....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I don't think there will come a day when the Rooney's hand out 100 million to anybody :lol:

well except to maybe the groundskeepers to resod Heinz for the 5000th time :duh:

buccaneers#1fan
01-15-2008, 08:54 PM
k train i think ur under estimating willie the guy is good he was the leading rusher in the league before he went down.and i think he is very capable of 2000 yrds this year.he is so talented he only needs a descent o line not a great one.

K Train
01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
no you got it all wrong, willie sucks.

He will only ever be as good as the line he has, a system runner. If we have the best oline to ever live...he will have the greatest season ever, if our oline sucks he has a year like last year....yeah, he led the league in rushing...barely, and just because peterson got hurt. But in the only 2 stats that matter for a runningback he showed his mediocrity. YPC and TDs....just awful both of them, and he got a ton of carries. Willie is a capable back, but he'll never be one of those guys that could do it by themselves, which he doesnt have to be, he was undrafted....we got more than we asked for in a UDFA. Im sure he'll have a badass year in terms of yards if we get a good oline.

And im not the only one that feels this way, colbert and tomlin both say they want another RB...and the bring up teams like the chargers and jags when they say that

TEEMONT
01-15-2008, 09:17 PM

He will only ever be as good as the line he has, a system runner. If we have the best oline to ever live...he will have the greatest season ever, if our oline sucks he has a year like last year....yeah, he led the league in rushing...barely, and just because peterson got hurt. But in the only 2 stats that matter for a runningback he showed his mediocrity. YPC and TDs....just awful both of them, and he got a ton of carries. Willie is a capable back, but he'll never be one of those guys that could do it by themselves, which he doesnt have to be, he was undrafted....we got more than we asked for in a UDFA. Im sure he'll have a badass year in terms of yards if we get a good oline.

And im not the only one that feels this way, colbert and tomlin both say they want another RB...and the bring up teams like the chargers and jags when they say that

He will only be as good as the line he has? His line was garbage this year, and he was ****ing solid as hell. No RB will get TD's when you take him out at the goal line and put in Dookie. And being undrafted means nothing, plenty of UDFA's come in and do a good to great job, Preist Holmes is an example. The draft is a crap shoot, and I am sure there are plenty of dudes sitting at home right now that could ball in the NFL.

Willie is a beast, give him half the line they have in Dallas and he blows the league away.

K Train
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
give him half the line they have in Dallas and he blows the league away.

very true, dallas has the oline that willie needs, but we dont have that and willies body shuts down when he doenst have that. even when he did have a somewhat decent oline, he couldnt run on the jags, chargers, ravens.....other guys could though.

kgreen
01-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Next year I want:
-What everyone else wants: better lines, Special teams coverage, etc.

-More Efficient offense. I know Ben was good, but we need EVERYONE ot be more efficient. That means Ben too. He needs to learn what check down is. Willie needs to find holes faster even though they are small and few we can still get better and that starts with playing smarter, more aggressive and PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL!

-Defense needs to find its swagger right now. I mean now too. They played so soft down the stretch that they didn't look like a Steeler team at all. Now part of the problem may be LeBeau try too many crazy things instead of just going after teams. I think the Zone Blitz is now becoming dated and we might need to move on. I'm not talking about a 4-3, but more or less letting go of the zone blitz. Where is Joey when you need him?

-More throws to the TEs. Hmmmm.....here's a thought: Throwing the ball to Heath Miller might actually work. In the playoff game agaisnt the Jags Heath had 8 catches for 82 yards and 1 TD. I mean he could be our version of Antonio Gates. As for Spaeth well I don't really care for him. He's big, yes but it was a wasted pick IMO.

-This could be more of a draft wish, but I'm putting it here anyways: A sure fire kick returner. As you know, when El skipped town for DC after Super Bowl XL, our kick/punt return situation has been very.....um chaotic at best. We need someone who can take it to the house or at least give us good field position. I mean we can't do much now working with what we got, so we need to draft, buy and do whatever it takes to get a good returner. Heck we should ask Quincey Morgan what he's doing these days (JK). But in all seriousness our returner situation sucks.

K Train
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
wheres joey when you need him? is that a joke?

kgreen
01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
wheres joey when you need him? is that a joke?

Yes. All I'm saying is we need a freakin' spark. Joey was emotional, but bring him back literally? No. He's too old.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2008, 02:32 AM
very true, dallas has the oline that willie needs, but we dont have that and willies body shuts down when he doenst have that. even when he did have a somewhat decent oline, he couldnt run on the jags, chargers, ravens.....other guys could though.

Willie was effective against the Chargers in 2006....14 carries for 57 yards and TD......He just needed more carries in that game...Against the Jags this year in the regular season he had 100 yards on 14 carries....The Jags were missing key defensive players though....So that should be noted...

Ktrain there was no questions about Willie's TDs and yards per carry in 2006.....I don't think Willie will ever score that many TDs in a season again.....But with a better OL I think he could score 7-10 TDs and is yards per carry would higher also....I also think maybe limiting Willie's carries per game would be wise also....I think he gets wore down at times...Thats why Davenport or if they draft another RB should get more carries next year...I bet Willie has a better year next year if the OL improves and if he doesn't get as many carries.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Willie was effective against the Chargers in 2006....14 carries for 57 yards and TD......He just needed more carries in that game...Against the Jags this year in the regular season he had 100 yards on 14 carries....The Jags were missing key defensive players though....So that should be noted...

Ktrain there was no questions about Willie's TDs and yards per carry in 2006.....I don't think Willie will ever score that many TDs in a season again.....But with a better OL I think he could score 7-10 TDs and is yards per carry would higher also....I also think maybe limiting Willie's carries per game would be wise also....I think he gets wore down at times...Thats why Davenport or if they draft another RB should get more carries next year...I bet Willie has a better year next year if the OL improves and if he doesn't get as many carries.....

Willie has proven he can run against just about anybody in the league, especially in 2006. Considering the tin foil line he was working with this year its a pretty good accomplishment leading the league in rushing right up until the last couple weeks of the season. He does need more TD's though, you can't have a starting RB with only 2 of them so that's something that an upgraded line will help with dramatically but also keeping him fresh in the 2nd half by splitting more carries will help get him potentially more TD's because he won't be so run down or being stopped at the goal line because of pressure in the backfield before the play starts.

MillerTime83
01-18-2008, 05:08 AM

YES!!!!

I thought i was the only person in the Parker hate club. Of corse i havent posted anything since the draft so I wouldnt have known myself and K Train was so much alike. Sure willie so call "racks up the yards" , but is it really worth it when its 3rd and 8 three drives in a row and we force ben to make a play or else the defense has to go back out on the field. IMO we should have drafted Tony Hunt last year, i feel he would have been a good addItion even though we havent heard anything from him this year. Bottom Line is Willie is good for the buck he is getting, but do we really want to settle for good when we could get a great RB. Look at the vikings..... they could have passed on All Day because they had Chester Taylor.

BTW K Train I got my Sepulveda along with my Miller authentic jerseys home and away before game 1.

TEEMONT
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM

BTW, without a link, this means nothing.