PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst memory of 2007 season

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 12:59 AM
What's the best memory you'll carry with you from the 2007 season; and the worst memory that will haunt you from now till the end of time? Well ok maybe just haunt you till next training camp ;)

There's so many to choose from on both sides but 2 that pop up right away for me:

Best: James Harrison's monster game against the Ratbirds; damn I was loving every minute of that!

Worst: The defense getting bulldozed by Jax for 200+ yds rushing.

black an gold 4 life
01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
best was coming back n the 4 th quarter beating the clowns..............worse was losing 2 the cheaters............

BR7
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Best: The monday night blow out of the Ratturds
Worst: 3rd and 6

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
BEST: Watching Ben take that next step to becoming one of the elite QB's
WORST: Losing to the Cards because I was there at the game :cursin:

Koopa
01-14-2008, 01:30 AM
best: ben 5 td first half

worse: announcing that mahan would be the starting center this year

Steelersfan
01-14-2008, 02:24 AM
BEST - Winning the division!

WORST - 3rd and 6! That was our season.

DBR96A
01-14-2008, 03:59 AM
BEST

- Road trips to Pittsburgh (Week 10 vs. the Browns) and St. Louis (Week 16 against the Rams).

WORST

- Week 11 against the Jets.

JensK
01-14-2008, 06:04 AM
The 30 yard TD run from Ben. I have never been so amazed how he pulled that one home..

worst: i think our O-lines performance over all. If i had to pick a single thing it would be the 3th adn 6 tho

Dee Mca
01-14-2008, 07:05 AM
I had 2 favorite plays this year.
Allen Rossum's 98 yard Kickoff return for TD against the 49'ers.
Ben's Pass to Santonio Holmes for 83 yards. Longest career catch for him. Had me wishing we had turf for a little while anyways.
That is until my worst memory of the year: FWP broke a bone in his lower right leg in the first quarter against St. Louis and missed the remainder of the Steelers' season. He already had 8 100 yd games and was leading league in rushing.

DIESELMAN
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Best: Winning the North after all the preseason "experts" had us finishing 8-8 or worse

ARKIESTEEL
01-14-2008, 11:52 AM
What's the best memory you'll carry with you from the 2007 season; and the worst memory that will haunt you from now till the end of time? Well ok maybe just haunt you till next training camp ;)

There's so many to choose from on both sides but 2 that pop up right away for me:

Best: James Harrison's monster game against the Ratbirds; damn I was loving every minute of that!

Worst: The defense getting bulldozed by Jax for 200+ yds rushing.

These two work for me as well

LatrobePA
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Best: Ben vs Browns, big running TD and first down run to win the game.

Worst: 3rd & 6!!

NOVA STEELERS
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Best Moment: Shutting out the seachickens and laying a smackdown on the ratturds.

Worst: 3rd & 6!!! I was at the game and still have not got my voice back.... As well as losin to the cards, jets, broncos and patsies :evilshake:

watching troy playing injuring bitin, losin Aaron Smith killed our run D

SteelerFan87
01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
BEST: Shocking all the "experts" who had us behind the Bungles and Rats.

WORST: Collapsing down the stretch.

steelerschick1220
01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Best: Coming from behing to beat the Clowns, sweeping the Bengals, and Ben becoming an elite quarterback.
Worst: WP breaking his leg, that annoying habit of losing to teams we were better then, and the third and six call that ended our season.

Edit: Oh, and shocking all of the experts. That was good too.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
BEST: Shocking all the "experts" who had us behind the Bungles and Rats.

WORST: Collapsing down the stretch.

As I recall some of them had us finishing behind the Clowns too..some people just never learn :cope:

Prosdo
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Best: Either Harrison making everybody say Porter who or Big Ben really coming into his own.
Worst: 3rd and 6 Designed run play for Ben

memphissteelergirl
01-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Best: The Monday Night Smackdown against the Ratbirds...on the same night as the 75th Anniversary Team was honored! Great stuff! :yellowthumb:

Worst: Getting beat @ our own game by the Jagoffs...TWICE! :evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
The best-Big Ben breaking Terry Bradshaw's single season passing TD record.....I love seeing records broking.....The comeback vs the Browns is up there as well in which Ben just took over the second half of that game...

The worst-Losing to the Jets.......Sorry but can top that....Seeing the Jags running game tear the D apart was bad....But losing to the Jets was just embarrassing....lol

Stlrs4Life
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Best: The monday night blow out of the Ratturds

:plus1:

K Train
01-14-2008, 07:40 PM
best-Shutting out the seahawks with our JV defense

Worst-troy getting that hige deal and making me sick with his play

MDSteel15
01-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Best: The Monday Night Smackdown against the Ratbirds...on the same night as the 75th Anniversary Team was honored! Great stuff! :yellowthumb:

Worst: Getting beat @ our own game by the Jagoffs...TWICE! :evilshake:

:banging: :cursin: :banging: :cursin: :banging: :cursin: :banging: :cursin: :banging:

kgreen
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Best: Ravens game from week 9. Everything from Ben's 5 first half TDs to James Harrison's ruthless hits to halftime to seeing all the legends see such dominating game from these boys. This was the game were I felt the most Steeler pride I'd had all year. It ranks up there with my favorite Steeler games of all time which includes some good ones: 2004 against NE (21 and Done!), Super Bowl XL, 2005 Divisional Playoff game and (ofcourse) the Cleveland comeback form 2002.

Worst: I try not to dwell or think of the bad too much. I thought at first the Jags game, but then I remembered the games agaisnt NE, Arizona, Denver. Now that I think of it my worst memory cannot be one play (3rd & 6). It cannot be one loss (NE) or any two loss. Mine is seeing the defense completely lose it in the last half of the season! It was so bad that I could sometimes not even look when we were out there (kind of like our special teams). I mean I can understand giving up 34 points to a team that loves running up the score, but giving up 200 rushing yards is not Steeler football. Letting back-ups run all over us, QBs have their way, missed tackles and a lack of turnovers all made this my worst memory. We need it fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

best-Shutting out the seahawks with our JV defense

Worst-troy getting that hige deal and making me sick with his play

JV Defense-that is a very good way to put it:lol:

I don't like the Troy comment though.....:scratch: He was hurt if I recall. Don't bash Troy. Our inability to stop the run was all about the front 7. That starts with poor tackling by the LBs. Not Troy getting hurt.

buccaneers#1fan
01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
was when we won the nfc south.when everybody picked us to finish last.worst losing the last two games of the season after gruden rested everybody. that killed us i think not playing the starters.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Troy will come back strong and better than ever in 08. He's not the first player to ever have an off year. He's a pivotal part of our defense and I think he'll come back strong for us.

yinzer
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
BEST - Winning the division!

WORST - 3rd and 6! That was our season.

agreed!!!!

memphissteelergirl
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Troy will come back strong and better than ever in 08. He's not the first player to ever have an off year. He's a pivotal part of our defense and I think he'll come back strong for us.

:plus1:

steelersgal86
01-16-2008, 06:15 AM

:iagree: I must say it was odd seeing him have the year he had...:crossfingers::crossfingers: