PDA

View Full Version : K Trains Draft ideas

K Train
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Ok keep in mind...i called sepulveda in the 4th...my word is pretty much law now.

its so early, so hes just a rough overview of what i would like to see

1st rounders

Otah
Cherilus
Oher
Gandy
Chris Williams

Tackle is our only option imo, i dont like sam baker from usc

2nd rounders

Tony Hills T/G Texas
Adarius Bowman WR oklahoma state
James Hardy WR Indiana
Davone bess WR Hawaii
Aqib Talib...i ****ing love this guy
Felix jones...just cause i love him
Chris Johnson
Jonathan stewart.

Could go a couple directions here

3Rd

Steve Justice C Wake Forest
Ali Highsmith LB LSU
John Sullivan C Notre Dame
Mario Manningham WR Mich
Eric Young G Tennesee

4th

Owen Schmitt FB WVU
Dre Moore

5th

Trevor Law....maybe

6th....rossum

7th

Doug Legursky....C Marshall, i have no idea where hes projected to go, centers arent a hot pick in the draft but B@G likes him lol

steelcityrockers
01-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Kory Lichtensteiger is a center from Bowling Green that could go late that I like. No Owen Schmitt please? I would want to draft Laws at that spot if he somehow still there. Another name is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB from Tenn. State. Small school (brings back horrible memories of Coclough) but athletic and one of the best players in Div-1AA or Div-2. Cant remember which one Tenn. State is. 2nd round is too high for a RB IMO.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Kory Lichtensteiger is a center from Bowling Green that could go late that I like. No Owen Schmitt please? I would want to draft Laws at that spot if he somehow still there. Another name is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB from Tenn. State. Small school (brings back horrible memories of Coclough) but athletic and one of the best players in Div-1AA or Div-2. Cant remember which one Tenn. State is. 2nd round is too high for a RB IMO.

But the Jags struck gold with Mathis who was from a small school....The draft is a crap shoot period......Players from both big schools and small schools are busts....The Steelers scouts just better do their homework...

K Train
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
i really like schmitt, in the 4th or 5th round....hell yeah.

RB isnt a reach in the second if its a badass, but the second round we could go so many ways, faneca and starks are keys to that decision, if felix jones was there i would take him no question though.

Im usually morally opposed to taking a corner not named antonio cromartie in the first round, but aqib talib is my exception, but since we need oline we cant do that, if he was there in the second i would take him no question, i would trade up for him because he is a badass corner

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
i really like schmitt, in the 4th or 5th round....hell yeah.

RB isnt a reach in the second if its a badass, but the second round we could go so many ways, faneca and starks are keys to that decision, if felix jones was there i would take him no question though.

Im usually morally opposed to taking a corner not named antonio cromartie in the first round, but aqib talib is my exception, but since we need oline we cant do that, if he was there in the second i would take him no question, i would trade up for him because he is a badass corner

Talib is a bad ***......If all the top OTs are gone by the time our first round pick comes around I wouldn't complain at all if Tomlin and Colbert drafted Talib....

steelcityrockers
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
But the Jags struck gold with Mathis who was from a small school....The draft is a crap shoot period......Players from both big schools and small schools are busts....The Steelers scouts just better do their homework...

I never said that I didn't like Cromartie-Rogers. The fact that I brought his name up should have made it obvious to you that I like him. I was referring to Coclough's inablility to learn the system.

I don't mind Talib at all. I actually like him, perhaps a touch slow.
Leonidis (?) McKelvin is another CB from Troy that I like. Fast and a great return man. Also fits the mold of a "Steelers Corner" in taht he can tackle but isn't very physical.

K Train
01-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Talib is a bit slow, but hes a big corner, prototypical size imo. Mathis was slow to though....i just look at him and see a badass though

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I never said that I didn't like Cromartie-Rogers. The fact that I brought his name up should have made it obvious to you that I like him. I was referring to Coclough's inablility to learn the system.

I don't mind Talib at all. I actually like him, perhaps a touch slow.
Leonidis (?) McKelvin is another CB from Troy that I like. Fast and a great return man. Also fits the mold of a "Steelers Corner" in taht he can tackle but isn't very physical.

Dude I wasn't saying you didn't like Cromartie-Rogers....Just bringing up the fact that yea Colclough was a bust....But Mathis is a very good player and he was from a small school....The Steelers just picked the wrong year to draft a small school corner...lol

K Train
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
im not really sure how to say aqib lol

steelcityrockers
01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Ah-Keeb I think.

K Train
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Im adding in Shawne Crable and kentwan Balmer to the 3rd round mix

K Train
01-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Im also starting a chris williams bandwagon...plays in the SEC and in 2 years as a starter has allowed 2 sacks, hes a pass blocking machine

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Sam Baker has the physical tools but he doesn't have that toughness, that chip on his shoulder kind of attitude that good offensive lineman have and what we need.

We used to be a really good "smaller school" drafting team but the last several years the guys we've taken from smaller schools just haven't done much for us.

BR7
01-13-2008, 03:12 AM
I want your 4th rounder LOCK of 08 ala D-Sep.

Not a fan of Sullivan.. unless he skipped Mahan's "ND's guide to play center in the NFL 101."

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Im also starting a chris williams bandwagon...plays in the SEC and in 2 years as a starter has allowed 2 sacks, hes a pass blocking machine

I personally like Chris Williams more then the dude from BC........So I'm with you Train on Williams....I really like Clady from Boise State also.....I would be happy with Williams, Oher or Clady.....But if Otah or Cherilus are drafted then I won't complain either....

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Im adding in Shawne Crable and kentwan Balmer to the 3rd round mix

I know all about Crable......He is a good football player........I like Balmer also....

MDSteel15
01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I believe Oher is staying in school.

Koopa
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
please no tony hill, he'll probably be hurt his whole career......... the only ut players i wouldn't mind is frank okam, even though he probably wouldn't fit our defense lol

K Train
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Tony Hills will be a good pro.

Chris williams is a pass blocking machine, and everyone likes gandy, actually, if you dont like gandy, i dont like you lol.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I personally like Chris Williams more then the dude from BC........So I'm with you Train on Williams....I really like Clady from Boise State also.....I would be happy with Williams, Oher or Clady.....But if Otah or Cherilus are drafted then I won't complain either....

I don't think there's anyway that Otah falls to us but if he's there that's my choice, or Cherlius too!

Clady would be the absolute **** if we landed that kid, oh man I'd be doing the :banana2: but there's no way he gets out of the top 12-15 I think.

K Train
01-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Chris williams and cherilus would be there when we pick i think, and trading up isnt out of the question because we are aggressive drafters

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I would love to see us trade up this year, Im not sure we have enough ammo to do so with our current picks in 2008 but I wouldn't mind seeing up give up something in 2009 to get that OL we need. Hell we could even throw in a couple scrub players to sweeten the deal. We'd have to trade up to atleast probably the 15th spot to have a realistic shot at one of the top tackles if we wanted to really get a beast; depending on how things shake out. If there is a run on Tackles though we may not have choice but to trade up.

K Train
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
i think there is so much depth this year we will get quality either way...and theres some second-third round animals available too

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah I've been looking at all the prospects coming out and the potential is good even in the later rounds to get some realistically good players but Im so gun-shy from our day 2 drafting debacles that anything passed the 4th round scares me :lol:

steelcityrockers
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
With successes such as Marvin Phillip and Charles Davis I can't see why you are so scared of our Day 2 drafting.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
i think there is so much depth this year we will get quality either way...and theres some second-third round animals available too

:plus1: agreed!!! Thats why i think Colbert is saying "We have the ability to draft any position -QB & TE!" I personally would like to see us go after Otah or Williams!!! Anybody after that your getting the 4 best "rated" tackle in the draft and passing on top tier players at other positions! I know there isnt alot of faith given to the rankings of players in the draft... but I would rather have the second best RB/KR, CB/KR, WR/KR over a T we coulda got in the second round!!!

ARKIESTEEL
01-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Is that RB from Texas A&M Lane coming out of school...That dude is a load

K Train
01-15-2008, 12:54 PM
no one wants lane on this team, he wont cut it in the nfl period

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
The STEELERS need to revert back to the Noll era and go with " the best athlete available" theory...I know its old school but it seemed to work pretty well.

K Train
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
that would be ok with me as long as its not a QB....any other position is up for grabs

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't see a punter listed in your choices...what's up with that?? :lol:

K Train
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
we got our man lol....P and K are ovbious lol. Ok, so i'll clarify, no QB, P, K, long snapper (unless hes a badass center) in the first round lol...anyone else is game, except TE cause they are all scrubs this year

BR7
01-15-2008, 01:35 PM
no one wants lane on this team, he wont cut it in the nfl period

Hater. :stirpot:

I'm with Arkie.. J-Train is a beast. And I think he's NFL material. Definately fits the mold of a bruiser in black and gold. Can't be any worse than Dayne and he's playing.

K Train
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
i hope we do get him and he fails miserably, then you will realoze my word is law, that fat **** is a piece of garbage

BR7
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
lol.. no seriously.. tell me how you really feel.. lol

K Train
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM
i hope sean mahan dies in a fire, but whats that got to do with that fat **** lane?

BR7
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
ha.. can't argue with that.

But just based on his size alone, surely he can tote the rock in short yardage for positive yards. But again, if you base opinion on size alone.. why the **** does Starks suck so bad at his position? lol Somebody will draft Lane. ****, that fat QB from Kentucky is on a NFL roster. Lorenzo?? whatever his name is.. the pillsbury-throw-boy.

Maybe draft Lane and convert him to center.. can't do worse than Mahan.

K Train
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Starks was a badass at LT....just saying lol

And Lane is a future failure, everyone is still looking for the next bus and thats what google has this fatboy labled as. When in reality hes just a slob whos also a little whiny bitch. Everyone looking for that "powerback" which is gay to start with, but they look into these fat ****s thinking they are the next bettis, bettis wasnt always fat, he was jacked at ND and came into the league as a huge dude with quick feet....thats what made him successful cause when he did let himself go he didnt lose his feet. Lanes got none of that, except the letting himself go part lol

steelcityrockers
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Is that RB from Texas A&M Lane coming out of school...That dude is a load

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

HE IS TERRIBLE!!!!

He won't cut it in the NFL.

Too slow.

Too fat.

Too lazy.

No self control.

Literally cries when he dosen't get the ball.

Why would anyone want him?

K Train
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Why would anyone want him?

you wanna know why...cause hes fat, and everyone thinks fat runningbacks are the next bettis...beating a horse here but fat backs are bums 98% of the time including lane

steelcityrockers
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Bettis was a special player. I don't know if there will ever be "another" Bettis. We have since moved on from that style of offense anyway. The last nail in the coffin was the benching of Kreider. Why don't people understand this?

K Train
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
bettis was always a special player, and he wasnt always fat. Out of HS he was recruited to ND, one of the top schools for prospects to get into to even when they suck like they do now. He was a first round pick because he was an animal plain and simple, a powerful man with feet like a ****ing ballet dancer and sensational vision. When he started getting up there in years, getting hurt more, getting slower and fatter he was still productive cause of his footwork...not to mention a beastly offensive line. People will never realize that hes a one of a kind player and labling every fat black dude out of college that someone plugged into an offense the next bettis makes me want to club a baby seal

steelcityrockers
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Agreed. People are idiots. What once was will never be agian. F8cking get used to it. I am glad that the offense has changed. Now people fear the QB instaaed of just keying in on the power running game.