PDA

View Full Version : A better look at the 2008 schedule for the Steelers...

Troyisabeast_43
01-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Texans, Jags, Browns, Titans, Eagles, Redskins will all be 500 or worse. Ravens and Bengals will be top 5 drafting teams next year. People tend to put too much weight on our next years opponents last years results. Texans went 7-9 a couple of years ago and everyone had them pegged as a rising team, they rose all right to #1 pick in the next years draft. If the Titans can't resign Haynesworth their season wont have any worth. The Jags haven't put together back to back winning seasons under Del Rio. the Browns having a winning record this year was God's way of showing his dislike for the Cowboy's organization. The Eagles and Redskins weren't very good this year and only look to get worse next year. The Ravens and Bengals are sliding down faster than a Nantucket Sleigh Ride.
So that leaves the Patriots , Colts, Cowboys, Giants and Chargers as the only teams to probably field winning records next year.

We will struggle to get 10 wins again, but in the long run, we'll be a better team because of it.

This year, I think the easy schedule made us think we were better than what we really were. Next year will be the opposite. We'll most likely be a better team than our record. We should end up with another good draft choice and be a seasoned team, mentally, to make a good run in 2009.

That's my goal and I'm sticking to it - the 2009 AFC Championship game (unless of course Tomlin and Colbert really screw up personnel decisions, which is possible based on the information we have so far).

Hawk Believer
01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
We are always scared about our non-cenference schedule for the upcoming season. And then most of the teams end up sucking. Heck, the two teams we faced from the NFC championship last year didn't even make the playoffs...

BlitzburghNation
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Figure we'll go 10-6 or 11-5 once again,but our team will be stronger,,,,,,,,

We should win our division & go deeper in the playoffs ~~~ :crossfingers:

yinzer
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
we'll be stronger next year. let's just try to not lose a bunch of games we are "supposed" to win.

Stlrs4Life
01-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Agree with most, but believe the Stains will be better than 500.(Unfortanetly)

K Train
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM
We will struggle to get 10 wins again

little early to be calling **** like this dude, you dont know how any of these teams are gonna shape up

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-12-2008, 03:02 AM
Texans, Jags, Browns, Titans, Eagles, Redskins will all be 500 or worse. Ravens and Bengals will be top 5 drafting teams next year. People tend to put too much weight on our next years opponents last years results. Texans went 7-9 a couple of years ago and everyone had them pegged as a rising team, they rose all right to #1 pick in the next years draft. If the Titans can't resign Haynesworth their season wont have any worth. The Jags haven't put together back to back winning seasons under Del Rio. the Browns having a winning record this year was God's way of showing his dislike for the Cowboy's organization. The Eagles and Redskins weren't very good this year and only look to get worse next year. The Ravens and Bengals are sliding down faster than a Nantucket Sleigh Ride.
So that leaves the Patriots , Colts, Cowboys, Giants and Chargers as the only teams to probably field winning records next year.

We will struggle to get 10 wins again, but in the long run, we'll be a better team because of it.

This year, I think the easy schedule made us think we were better than what we really were. Next year will be the opposite. We'll most likely be a better team than our record. We should end up with another good draft choice and be a seasoned team, mentally, to make a good run in 2009.

That's my goal and I'm sticking to it - the 2009 AFC Championship game (unless of course Tomlin and Colbert really screw up personnel decisions, which is possible based on the information we have so far).

dude there is no way you should be doing any predictions with our 08 schedule yet. Some of those teams will take a step back next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Im not ready to sell ourselves short in 08 just yet. Teams could have injuries, have a total collapse like the Bengals did, just flat out underachieve, any number of things. On paper our schedule does look pretty tough intially but we'll wait and see how training camp and preseason shakes down. Maybe we'll actually be better in 08 than we were in 07, it's not out of the realm of possibility, LOL.

steelerschick1220
01-12-2008, 12:58 PM
On paper it looks like the schedule from hell. But, I am an eternal optimist and I will wait to see how we look before I start making any projections or worrying about it. We could be better next year then we were this year. There are just too many factors to start worrying now.

SteelerFan87
01-12-2008, 04:05 PM

I can see 10 wins from the first 8 teams you mentioned alone. We'll probably sweep 1 or 2 of our division rivals and split with the rest, we should beat the Texans, Titans, Redskins, and Eagles. I think we'll (finally) beat the Jags. That's about 10 wins right there.
Then there's the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, Giants, and Chargers. We can definitely beat the Giants. So we're at 11 wins. That leaves the Pats, Colts, Chargers, and Cowboys. The Pats have Randy Moss, the Cowboys have TO. Either one could have a meltdown and sabotage his team. So, that's potentially 12 wins. Then there's the Colts and Chargers. 2 tough teams, but I think we can beat the Chargers, and on a good day, we can beat the Colts.

My prediction for next year is 12-4.

Iron City South
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
2008 Schedule = What doesnt' kill you will only make you stronger.

kgreen
01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't even give a S*** who's on our schedule right now. I'm worried about two things:
-NFL Playoffs
-The Draft

Way too early to worry about the schedule.

steelersgal86
01-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Im not ready to sell ourselves short in 08 just yet. Teams could have injuries, have a total collapse like the Bengals did, just flat out underachieve, any number of things. On paper our schedule does look pretty tough intially but we'll wait and see how training camp and preseason shakes down. Maybe we'll actually be better in 08 than we were in 07, it's not out of the realm of possibility, LOL.

:crossfingers::crossfingers: