PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker on day 2 is a definite possibility

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Now that Wood will take over for Haggans and Timmons is moving inside we're back to not having very much depth at LB. The loser of the inside battle will of course be the backup but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if Tomlin grabs another converted DE to play LB for us on day 2.

MDSteel15
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I see no problem with that.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Now that Wood will take over for Haggans and Timmons is moving inside we're back to not having very much depth at LB. The loser of the inside battle will of course be the backup but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if Tomlin grabs another converted DE to play LB for us on day 2.

They could go that route...but if Timmons doesn't beat out Foote....Then he could backup both at OLB and ILB....We all know you can never have enough pass rushing LBs for a 3-4....So if somebody talented did fall to them they would have to jump on that player on the second day of the draft....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah that's a plus for Timmons is that he is supposed to be able to play both. We haven't seen him really do either yet but if he doesn't beat out Foote we're almost better off depth wise than if he does :lol:

K Train
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Ali Highsmith in the 3rd