PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR Ward Has Knee Surgery

Koopa
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
ESPN - Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward underwent surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee and will need about six weeks of recovery time before beginning offseason workouts.

The surgery was done Wednesday, but was not disclosed until coach Mike Tomlin's season-ending news conference Thursday.

Ward missed three games this season because of the injury, including the Dec. 30 game at Baltimore. He returned to make a game-high 10 catches for 135 yards in the Steelers' 31-29 AFC playoff loss to Jacksonville on Saturday.

Until this season, Ward had missed only three games due to injury during his 10-season NFL career. Ward has a team record 719 career catches.

ever since he signed his extension he's been fragile.........

kgreen
01-10-2008, 09:40 PM
He's getting up there years and health. He has a few years left. I will be depressed when calls it quits.:crying::crying:

K Train
01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
meniscus isnt really a big deal

Iron City South
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
This guy is as tough as they come. Finishing out the season with a torn miniscus and playing every down "balls out" like the gamer that he is ...

Let this be a lesson in toughness and professionalism to every other WR on the roster.

Stlrs4Life
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
He is getting up there in age.

steelcurtaingal
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
He is getting up there in age.

sh.. im in the middle of trying not to face that

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
He was going to have the surgery ever since this injury first happened but he decided to wait till the offseason since he was able to play through it. He'll be fine and be ready to go for mini camps and such.

AZ_Steeler
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
ever since he signed his extension he's been fragile.........

Funny you mention that because Troy got his big contract and he was hurt this year too :dunno:

Hopefully Ward can pull through this and give the Steelers a few more great years! :cope:

BlitzburghNation
01-11-2008, 02:30 AM
This guy is as tough as they come. Finishing out the season with a torn miniscus and playing every down "balls out" like the gamer that he is ...

Let this be a lesson in toughness and professionalism to every other WR on the roster.

:ditto:

Well said,,,,,:clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Ward is far from finished.....All he needs is to clean his knee up and relax until he is a ready....He will be fine....Especially with Holmes emerging and Miller having a bigger role...Hines doesn't need to carry the passing game....But its still great to know when we need that critical first down that old number 86 is there....

steelersgal86
01-11-2008, 06:13 AM

:iagree: :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Ward isn't getting any younger as was pointed out earlier in this thread and it's going to take longer for him to heal from injuries as his time goes on. It would really be in the best interest of this team to begin to look for the next great WR to compliment both Ward and Holmes. It usually takes a couple years for a young WR to really start making an impact so I'd like to see begin to groom the next up in line behind our current starters.

floodcitygirl
01-11-2008, 11:16 AM

Let this be a lesson in toughness and professionalism to every other WR on the roster.Ward deserves a ton of credit for playing the way he did with that kind of injury. I had a relative who had a torn meniscus and plica (sp) shelf. I'm not sure which was worse, the injury or the recoup after the surgery? Obviously Hines is in excellent condition and has the best in rehab help so hopefully he'll be in top form by the spring. Makes me wonder how far into the playoffs he'd have been able to handle if we had won out last week though?

yinzer
01-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I love Hines!! I wouldn't trade him for any other receiver in the league. No one is tougher.

steelersgal86
01-13-2008, 09:10 AM
He will be fine and ready to return!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
If we had 11 Hines Wards on offense every week we'd be unstoppable. Nobody in the game matches his toughness and nobody smiles even when getting blasted like Ward. You just have to love watching him play, he's one of the few guys in this league today that could be with the great tough players of the 70s.