Iron City South
01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Bring on the WOOD! :helmet:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_546485.html

Steelers' Haggans moving on
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Clark Haggans' agent confirmed Tuesday what had become apparent during the Steelers' season: The outside linebacker will be playing somewhere other than Pittsburgh in 2008. "He's not going to be back," Jeff Sperbeck said of Haggans, who will be a free agent in March. "He had a good run, won a Super Bowl, enjoyed the people, the fans. He loved being a part of the old Steelers."

The Steelers' roster turnover will include more than just Haggans, who started the past four seasons at left outside linebacker.

Alan Faneca will be one of the top free agents when the new NFL calendar year starts in March, and some other team will most likely give the seven-time Pro Bowler the long-term deal that he covets -- one that would make him among the highest-paid guards in the NFL.

PsychoWard
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
good no offence to hagins but i cat wait to see woodly play A LOT more!!!!!

Stairwayto7
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow his agent makes it sounds like he has a choice??????????????

LatrobePA
01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
"being part of the old Steelers" is that an insult? Either way take your slow arse outta here!! #56 can handle it!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2008, 04:08 PM
The old Steelers as in the Steelers that were the team when he was a starter. He's not stupid, he knew when Timmons and Wood were drafted that he'd be the odd man out this year.

I wish him well in whoever picks him up....as long as he doesn't go to an division rival.

Iron City South
01-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I take the "old" comment as to mean .....part of Bill Cowher's team, not Tomlin's.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Haggins seemed like a classy guy..did his job well, was never a distraction for his team and was pretty consistant,with that said CYA!!

this team needs some fresh talent on Defense. Now Woodley and Harrison can play the ol "meet me at the quaterback" game that lloyd and greene used to play!

K Train
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
well i guess he can go somewhere else to come off the edge and almost get there, but never actually get pressure....unless its a penalty

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Well the writing was on the wall for Clark Haggans when the Steelers drafted Woodley and Timmons...I was hoping he would resign to be a backup since he does know the system.....But see ya Clark and thanks for the good things you did for the team through your Steeler career....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
When Haggans was first signed to the deal he has now, he was regarded as having pass rushing skills equal Porter. He had 1 really good year with us just before he signed his big deal and then since has just not produced like everyone hoped. He did play the strong side LB which doesn't always get the sack production that the weak side does but still he just couldn't get there enough to warrant the money he'll probably want.

somebody will overpay him Im sure.

LatrobePA
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
well i guess he can go somewhere else to come off the edge and almost get there, but never actually get pressure....unless its a penalty

:tt02: Hell yea!!:tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
When Haggans was first signed to the deal he has now, he was regarded as having pass rushing skills equal Porter. He had 1 really good year with us just before he signed his big deal and then since has just not produced like everyone hoped. He did play the strong side LB which doesn't always get the sack production that the weak side does but still he just couldn't get there enough to warrant the money he'll probably want.

somebody will overpay him Im sure.

This was an obvious move...Clark would be splitting time with Lamar and a player of his caliber can start elsewhere. I like Clark...but this is a business and he can make more money elsewhere and be a starter instead of taking a small pay with us and getting little to no time on the playing field. I don't see him getting a ton of interest on the open market. He'd be a valuable experienced reserve, if he was willing to accept that role. What do we have at OLB behind Harrison & Woodley ... nothing ... now that Timmons seems to be slated to move inside. We'd just need to be clear that the job is Woodley's to lose, not the other way around.

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
See ya later Clark. We lost alot better LBers than you.

yinzer
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM

good one!!!

Prosdo
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Not surprised by this one bit. I like Clark, but the young guys are ready to move in.

Koopa
01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
This was an obvious move...Clark would be splitting time with Lamar and a player of his caliber can start elsewhere. I like Clark...but this is a business and he can make more money elsewhere and be a starter instead of taking a small pay with us and getting little to no time on the playing field. I don't see him getting a ton of interest on the open market. He'd be a valuable experienced reserve, if he was willing to accept that role. What do we have at OLB behind Harrison & Woodley ... nothing ... now that Timmons seems to be slated to move inside. We'd just need to be clear that the job is Woodley's to lose, not the other way around.

have you actually heard anything about that from anyone on the team?? i've never read anything about the coaches thinking about moving him inside, i've only seen fans on this forum saying that's where he should go.........

and peace out clark, the more cowher guys gone, the better, harrison already got us saying porter who? and woodly will have us saying clark/porter/any other great olb we've had that got cut who? lol

GoBenGo
01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
he won't be missed. LeBeau makes the monsters, I like Timmons and Woodley as the raw materials for his next masterpiece.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2008, 08:34 PM
have you actually heard anything about that from anyone on the team?? i've never read anything about the coaches thinking about moving him inside, i've only seen fans on this forum saying that's where he should go.........

and peace out clark, the more cowher guys gone, the better, harrison already got us saying porter who? and woodly will have us saying clark/porter/any other great olb we've had that got cut who? lol

I have heard Tomlin talk before that he thinks that Timmons can play inside.....But you have to think Koopa, with Harrison and Woodley on the roster and the projected starts at OLB for next year that Timmons best chace to win a starters role is probably inside were Farrior is getting up there and Foote is a good player but I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade over Larry Foote.....I think Timmons has more talent then Foote....I actually don't see Timmons starting next year but I do seeing him having a big role as the 5th LB sliding both at OLB and ILB.....Plus seeing him in the sub packages on 3rd down......

K Train
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Timmons will be able to lay all LB spots in a 34 and 43ish schemes we might run, he will need a little more bulk on him to be a solid run stuffer but hes always excelled in pass rushing and coverage.

Woodley is kinda limited to OLB, hes a edge rusher through and through, decent in coverage but thats not where hes gonna make his money

steelersgal86
01-10-2008, 05:14 AM
See ya later Clark. We lost alot better LBers than you.

:iagree:

black an gold 4 life
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
HAGGANS,FOOTE, AN FANECA GOOD RIDANCE THEY ALL SHOULD B GONE HAGGANS AN FOOTE HAS WASTED SPACE FOR 4 YEARS FANECA PLAYED HIS WORSE BALL THIS YEAR BECAUSE HE WAS SAVING HIMSELF 4 F.A. I'M SICK OF HEARING MY COMRADS CRY ABOUT FANECA,HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THIS TEAM AN HIS PLAY SHOWED IT....................AN DON'T FEED ME THAT B.S ABOUT HIS TEAMMATES HAVING HIS BACK....................THEY R SUPPOSE 2 THEY WERE ON T.V ASK THEM WHEN THE CAMERA GOES OFF..........WE NEED FOLK N HERE THAT'S GONNA GIVE 100% ALL THE TIME, I'M SICK AN TIRED OF THESE CRY BABY WHINNING RICH PLAYERS, GIVE ME ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAIDED PLAYERS SALARIES 4 ONE YEAR, AN I'LL GIVE U MY SWEAT AN BLOOD THESE GUYS SHOULD REMEMBER IT'S THE FAN WHO GET'S IT N THE REAR END YEAR N AN YEAR OUT.....................MIKE PUT HIS STAMP ON THIS TEAM SO EVERYONE KNOW WHAT 2 EXPECT NEXT YEAR, MAN UP PLAYERS AN GIVE US THE FANS SOMETHING 2 CHEER ABOUT....................