PDA

View Full Version : Cowher to Redskins?

Hawk Believer
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I have been lurking around a Redskin forum since the Hawks played them in the first round. Today, since Gibbs retired, the unsubstantiated rumor mill seems to be suggesting that Cohwer will be hired as the next coach. Thought some of you might find that interesting....

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232517

It appears many posters on that forum link don't think it would be a good fit. Do you all think Cowher would automatically switch to a 3-4 even though the Redskin defense is already built pretty decently?

AZ_Steeler
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Cowher would first have to get the job, which I don't see him getting or taking to be perfectly honest. IF he did get it though I would see him being like Tomlin and not wanting to break something that isn't broken so he would keep the 4-3 and possibly over time start to implement a 3-4.

Hawk Believer
01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I doubt Cowher would be keen about working under their owner Snyder. But didn't he build a home recently in that neck of the woods?

AZ_Steeler
01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
He's in North Carolina now... it's kind of close but not really. Rumors are he's waiting to see what happens with Carolina :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Dan Snyder is going to contact Bill Cowher if he hasn't already. I was listening to Mort talk about it this morning.

Cowher has listened to all the others put in front of him so far but he's content to stay in the booth for atleast 1 more year. According to ESPN though he will definitely listen to the offer when Dan approaches him.

TampaSteelGirl
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I really don't think Cowher is ready to go back coaching yet! Just my opinion!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I be surprised if Cowher took the skins job. I know Snyder is going to throw ft knox at cowher. But for some reason I do not see a cowher/snyder working together to long. Since Snyder tends to meddle in the football operations on occasions.

K Train
01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
snyder isnt afraid to throw money around

Steelerlyn
01-08-2008, 11:43 PM
snyder isnt afraid to throw money around

I have heard that he does have more money than brains.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
I could care less about Bill Cowher.....When ever he does get back into coaching I'm sure he will blow conference title games left right like he did with the Steelers...lol

AZ_Steeler
01-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Don't forget about Russ Grimm either...

LarryNJ
01-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Don't forget about Russ Grimm either...

The DC fans would be thrilled to have Russ. I wonder if he would wear a pigs nose on the sideline along with his headset! :greengrin:

Snyder will throw stupid money around so Bill will probably listen to him more than anyone that he has up till now. But I'd venture to guess that he stays in the studio. Does anyone know what kind of $$$$ he makes on Sundays?

ARKIESTEEL
01-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Said on espn this morning that Cowher wasnt in the race:scratch:

AZ_Steeler
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Said on espn this morning that Cowher wasnt in the race:scratch:

I saw that as well... I was actually a little shocked because I had a friend call me up that lives in that area and he was even talking about Cowher being offered the job because those were the reports he was hearing around town :dunno:

BBG7
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I saw that as well... I was actually a little shocked because I had a friend call me up that lives in that area and he was even talking about Cowher being offered the job because those were the reports he was hearing around town :dunno:

We all know how those rumors go...rememeber last year...
Tomlin's hired
No that's just a rumor
Grimm's our coach...
No it's Tomlin

lol...

steelcurtaingal
01-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh that doesnt strike me as working.. but Cowher can do as he pleases.. i wish him luck

Ambridge
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Ed Bouchette said last night on FSN Pittsburgh that according to his sources that Bill Cowher is more than content to stay in the analyst seat and isn't going back into coaching any time soon.
He even speculated that Cowher may even decide not to return to coaching at all.

Bill Cowher will be on the "Short-list" for every team looking for a new head coach for the next 10yrs should he decide to stay out.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Dan Snyder can throw a lot of money at Cowher, probably more than most teams could ever dream of..but I think Kay is cracking the wip and letting him know, "hey you had 15 years of coaching, now you've got a cushy analyst job and you're home more often so forget about it" :lol:

Stlrs4Life
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
You heared correctly Arkie. Was said today, Cowher says no to coaching anywhere in 2008.