PDA

View Full Version : Carey Davis?

BRICKTOWN BEAST
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
So what does everybody think about this guy. I know that he is a tough runner, and he likes to hit. he made a beautful stuff on special teams against the Jags. But Im not sure if he's the answer for fullback. I'd rather see a slow guy who can jack people up every play like Dan Krieder than a faster but not as good blocking guy that can occasionally get a first down like Carey Davis.

BlitzburghNation
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I like davis,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:
Good special teamer & a good back-up to Davenport !

BRICKTOWN BEAST
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah but fullback?

Koopa
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
i like him, but not as a full back, we need a hard hitting dude, davis is more of a half back

LatrobePA
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
After the massive hit he delivered on special teams, and the look he showed in his face, YEP he's a STEELER!!! Keep this guy please...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Davis did a decent job, The way they made it sound in preseason you'd think he was going to be involved alot more than he was..but then again it all comes down to that Oline malfunction.Hard for Davis to lead block when the D line is in your face before the HB gets the ball.

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
yeah he put a whooping on that boy on ST

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I was totally unimpressed with Davis virtually all year long until that Rams game and since then he's played much better. Way back when Timmy Lester was the Bus driver and then he left and Jon Witman took over; it took Witman most of his first season with us to get a feel for how to block for Jerome and how to be a dominant blocker in general and then he was good for many years.

Im not convinced Davis is that guy just yet but he did show promise. I just think Kreider brings that toughness and big hitting tenacity to the running game and it's not like he has hands of stone either so he's more than capable of still being a top flight FB for us but I think since Davis will be much cheaper and wasn't injured that he'll win out and Danny won't be brought back :(

Silverback 92
01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I like this kid but would be better at halfback then fullback....He is a play maker

Stlrs4Life
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I would cut him in a NY minute. He is definately a waste at FB. Kreider is the man for that position.

SteelerFan87
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I LOVED his hit on ST!

But he's not a fullback. Why did he make the team? Because he ran well in the preseason. So you take a guy who made the team by carrying the ball well, and make him a FB? WTF?
He can run pretty well when called upon, he can catch pretty well, and that hit on ST was amazing. But leave the FB position to the guy who does it best, Dan Kreider.

Ambridge
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I would cut him in a NY minute. He is definately a waste at FB. Kreider is the man for that position.

My sentiments exactly!!

I think Arians and Tomlin are determined to get rid of Kreider and I bet he's not on the team next season.:mad:

I'd love to see the Steelers get Owen Schmidt the FB out of WVU in the draft.

AZ_Steeler
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Given there aren't many options on the market I think the Steelers keep him and he starts to play a bigger role next season. I like him even though I know my likes and dislikes don't matter to the front office :D

MDSteel15
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I like him but we need a Kreider type

steelerfan11
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd love to see the Steelers get Owen Schmidt the FB out of WVU in the draft.

I agree with you on this!!

I am not willing to get rid of Kreider. He is much better then Davis and like everyone else said he isn't a fullback. Keep Davis unless it means getting rid of Kreider...i would much rather have kreider and draft Schmidt let him learn for a year under Kreider (not that he probably needs to) then Kreider can retire before his body falls apart.

Troyisabeast_43
01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
He is okay as running back, but is bad as a true FB. he gets blowing back all the time and at best gets a stalemate when blocking. He is no where close to Kreider. I seen him fan on several blocks and is not good at all on picking up the blitz. Look at the play where Willie broke his leg and see who missed his block. If he is going to be our FB he has to be able to block. IF we bring in someone else to be FB and let Davis play RB that is ok with me. I still think Russell is a better RB than Davis. If there not gonna make an effort to keep Kreider around I really hope they make a push in the draft at some point to go after Owen Schmidt from WVU.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Kreider would have to give us a hometown discount because he'll easily command 1 million per year in free agency and I don't think the Rooney's will pay him. I want them too, Danny has always been a favorite player of mine. He's tough, strong, doesn't get hurt often, and just lays out some of the most wicked blocks you've ever seen and in the AFCN where it's always a physical matchup you better bring your toughness and Dan provides that.

Stairwayto7
01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I like Krieder, but Davis does have better hands!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Kreider would have to give us a hometown discount because he'll easily command 1 million per year in free agency and I don't think the Rooney's will pay him. I want them too, Danny has always been a favorite player of mine. He's tough, strong, doesn't get hurt often, and just lays out some of the most wicked blocks you've ever seen and in the AFCN where it's always a physical matchup you better bring your toughness and Dan provides that.

I don't know how much interest Kreider will command from other teams Top Gun.....Most teams in the NFL don't even carry the traditional FB anymore...Plus when you factor that Kreider is just a blocking FB I don't see many teams go after him....I think the Steelers can resign easily and pretty cheap also....But you can find FBs that just block....The Steelers always do.....

Koopa
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't know how much interest Kreider will command from other teams Top Gun.....Most teams in the NFL don't even carry the traditional FB anymore...Plus when you factor that Kreider is just a blocking FB I don't see many teams go after him....I think the Steelers can resign easily and pretty cheap also....But you can find FBs that just block....The Steelers always do.....

that's why i think it will be easy to keep him, ppl don't really care about fullbacks anymore, they are a dying breed, plus teams might be scared off by his injury.....so i think it will be easy to resign him if tomlin wants too, and he probably should

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
that's why i think it will be easy to keep him, ppl don't really care about fullbacks anymore, they are a dying breed, plus teams might be scared off by his injury.....so i think it will be easy to resign him if tomlin wants too, and he probably should

To be honest I don't know if I want Kreider back....lol He is a badass blocker.....But if the Steelers improve their OL in the off-season then they should have no problems running out of single back formations next year.....Plus I wouldn't mind an all around FB.....I'm not ready to stick a fork in Carey Davis either.....But the Steelers should look to draft a RB or an all around FB......I'm not saying real early but second day.....Not unless a talented RB falls to them in rounds 2-3......

BlitzburghRockCity
01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
This is true, the traditional FB isn't as popular as it used to be, although teams that are trying to establish a physical demeanor on the field would probably love to have him but with his injury it may indeed lower his value on the market. His track record speaks for itself, he's one of the best in the business.

I hope he is in Tomlin's plans; when you've got 3rd and goal from the 2 and you're lining up with 2 TE's and Danny back there, that's really hard to stop. He won't be an every down player anymore like he used to be in our 3 yds and a cloud of dust offense but he can catch the ball too so he's still got value. I'd like to see him and Davis as the FB's for this team.

Dee Mca
01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I say keep Davis if nothing more than Kreider's backup and a special teams player so be it. We gave up way to many long returns. If Davis is crazy enough to play special teams let him. Pickup a kid for Kreider and Davis to groom. We kept Morey around for years as a special teams player.

K Train
01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
we need a badass FB, davis is a badass on ST and a good ball carrier, krieder can block but that is it, i would never call a play to go to him. Laron Mclain the guy the rats drafted, hes a badass.

Owen Schmitt from WVU is a vicious blocker and wont go down carrying the ball, hes been blocking for Slaton and Devine all year and both had great seasons

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2008, 11:49 PM
we need a badass FB, davis is a badass on ST and a good ball carrier, krieder can block but that is it, i would never call a play to go to him. Laron Mclain the guy the rats drafted, hes a badass.

Owen Schmitt from WVU is a vicious blocker and wont go down carrying the ball, hes been blocking for Slaton and Devine all year and both had great seasons

Owen Schmitt sounds good to me.....:yellowthumb: