PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Draft Rule Changes.....

DIESELMAN
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Time between picks in the first round will be cut from 15 minutes to 10 to help speed up a process that went a record 6 hours and 8 minutes last April. Starting time was also moved from noon EDT to 3 p.m. for the first day, which will be limited to two rounds instead of three.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I like the idea of the 10 minute rounds, 15 minutes is just way too long if you ask me and just makes things drag out. If you haven't done your homework enough to have your selection ready to go in 10 minutes then you don't deserve your pick IMO :lol: one big thing this will affect is the trading of picks and players on draft day at the last minute.

Koopa
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
they need to go nba style and only have 5 mins, wtf do you need 10 mins for?? and the rest of the rounds two mins lol.......... but thanks for posting diesel, i was tired of saying that there is only 2 rounds on the first day now :lol:

MDSteel15
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
You know what this means? It means teams have to do more homework and have there picks ready ASAP instead of bull-shiating around. Steelers fans - your time on the clock starts NOW!

Prosdo
01-08-2008, 02:08 AM
I can't wait for draft day craziness here at SA!

DIESELMAN
01-08-2008, 08:23 AM
they need to go nba style and only have 5 mins, wtf do you need 10 mins for?? and the rest of the rounds two mins lol.......... but thanks for posting diesel, i was tired of saying that there is only 2 rounds on the first day now :lol:
:plus1: or they need to go FF style......60 seconds between picks :haha:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
:plus1: or they need to go FF style......60 seconds between picks :haha:

WTF do they need 10 mins for ??? I mean really they know everything about these guys. It shouldn't take that longIf they don't know who they are picking then they shouldn't be there, only reason they heed the time is for trade talks, and even then it shouldn't take that long...:2cents:

JensK
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Was wondering when they start the drafting, and if there is a place you can follow it? its a tad hard to keep up when you live in Denmark, since nobody really cares much about NFL ><