PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Smith and Davenport

Vinseyes50
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I cant believe that the steelers let Smith play after his play against New England. The man gets burnt in pass coverage and can't tackle at all. With Jerods run he let him go another 18 yards and Jerod ran passed him. This play is not Steeler Defense, not accepted. Davenport is not a good fit. He is too slow and not explosive He lost yards everytime he tried to go off the corners. We need allot of help next year and why did they call a bootleg third and five. they gave the game away....not happy:cursin::cursin:

yinzer
01-06-2008, 10:17 PM
I cant believe that the steelers let Smith play after his play against New England. The man gets burnt in pass coverage and can't tackle at all. With Jerods run he let him go another 18 yards and Jerod ran passed him. This play is not Steeler Defense, not accepted. Davenport is not a good fit. He is too slow and not explosive He lost yards everytime he tried to go off the corners. We need allot of help next year and why did they call a bootleg third and five. they gave the game away....not happy:cursin::cursin:

ya, that 3rd down qb bootleg/keeper/draw was by far the dumbest play call all year. it cost us the game. i have mixed feelings about anthony smith. i think he could be good if he can get really disciplined. plus, smith brings nasty wood! najeh had no line to make holes for him. but, i do agree he isn't the "big" back we should be using.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Trade Davenport, what for?? The dude is not built to bust a play off the outside, that's not his forte. He can do just fine when he has blockers in front of him to open up holes but you can't expect him to run inside where this is no hole. they tried to get him to run outside yesterday and he's not that kind of back. Najeh has been money for us all year long and has played well, IMO he should have gotten more touches than what he did.

Getting rid of Davenport would be a terrible idea.

You can't get rid of Anthony Smith either just because he had a bad stretch. Have you not watched him all year long playing well, hitting hard, and showing his potential. He has some growing up to do but you don't can a guy just because he he's going through some growing pains and learning how to be a better player.

Both of these guys will be money for us for years to come and getting rid of either one of them would be pointless.

Vinseyes50
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
What do you think we should do in the draft? I see so much we need I dont know where to start. We need offense of lineman and defense of lineman. We have no rush at all, and our blocking is sub-par. However, Ward and Miller are the only reliable recievers what do you think?

yinzer
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
What do you think we should do in the draft? I see so much we need I dont know where to start. We need offense of lineman and defense of lineman. We have no rush at all, and our blocking is sub-par. However, Ward and Miller are the only reliable recievers what do you think?

we need some quality o lineman. i'm also starting to feel that we need to switch to the tampa 2 defense.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 10:33 PM
check out the War Room forum, you can see a lot of ideas we are tossing around in there. Suffice it to say the catch phrase for the 2008 draft is "Offensive Line and depth just about everywhere else" :yesnod:

Vinseyes50
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I watch Davenport and not impressed at all. Thinking back we should of tried for White from the Titans when he was available. He looks good. Your right blocking was not great but Najeh doesn't have any explosiveness. Smith had a very hard 4 games I dont know how long he's been in the league but he should of brought the wood when Jerod was coming through the line.

Stlrs4Life
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Agreee with TG.

Vinseyes50
01-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I wish Faneca wasn't leaving he is too good of a lineman. I like his play and think he is a leader. I like Woodley the man is a stud. I liked him better than Timmons on the draft day.

Koopa
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
well last year mcnair bombed on troy, and a few years ago brady bombed on troy.....so should we get rid of him too??? smith is a second year player, he's gonna have his ups and downs, can't expect him to be god

i hate dookie, he's soft as ****, but he is handy on 3rd downs cause he can catch

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Najeh gets the tough yards, he was our most successful back in short yardage situations the man can run when given a hole or at least better ones then what our line has been opening...

MDSteel15
01-06-2008, 11:42 PM

Another dumb post. What, did you only see the last part of the season?:willybs:

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
HEY WE DO NEED 2 GO 2 THE TAMPA 2 DEFENSE I'M TIRED OF THE 3-4 WE CONTINUE 2 GET BURNED, WE NEED AN CHANGE AN I BELIEVE WE WILL CHANGE IT UP NEXT YEAR, BUT WE ALSO NEED COACHES 2 COACH THE PLAYERS, IF WE GET THE RIGHT COACH AN A TALL 6-4 RECIEVER,ONE SHUT DOWN CORNER AN SOME DEPTH ON THE O-LINE AN D-LINE WE WILL B FINE AN PLAYING N TAMPA COME FEB...........................I'M TALKING ABOUT AN O-LINE AN SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, I BELIEVE N MIKE TOMLIN HE TOOK DOOKIE AN MADE SUGAR WITH IT............AN GET REID OF FOOTE AN HAGGANS THESE 2 HAVE BEEN TAKING UP SPACE 4 4 YEARS NOW PUT THE YOUNG GUNS N....................

K Train
01-07-2008, 12:02 AM
i think we should get rid of you

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
i think we should get rid of you

:lol:...........Dude I just spit my beer all over the computer when your reading your post......For real this topic sucks....But whats really sad is he went out to say later in the thread that the only good WRs we have are Ward and Miller.....Ok I guess he has missed seeing Santonio Holmes this year....All Holmes did was lead the team in receiving yards and TD catches....What a bum....lol

Can we close this thread due to bringing the intelligent level down of all the posters here on this site?....

BBG7
01-07-2008, 01:07 AM
:beer3: :lol::lol::lol:

TEEMONT
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
well last year mcnair bombed on troy, and a few years ago brady bombed on troy.....so should we get rid of him too??? smith is a second year player, he's gonna have his ups and downs, can't expect him to be god

i hate dookie, he's soft as shiat, but he is handy on 3rd downs cause he can catch

I like Dookie b/c he pooped in a girls closet.

floodcitygirl
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Oh Lord......:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Oh Lord......:lol:

That's what I was thinking when I first saw this thread go up.

DIESELMAN
01-07-2008, 02:07 AM
We need another forum, we can call it "Insane in the Membrane" just where this thread needs to go. :haha:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2008, 02:09 AM
We need another forum, we can call it "Insane in the Membrane" just where this thread needs to go. :haha:

Insane in the Membrane was the shiat back in the day...I use to get high to that song...lol

floodcitygirl
01-07-2008, 02:11 AM
We need another forum, we can call it "Insane in the Membrane" just where this thread needs to go. :haha:LOL! Oh God.....the off season has started already. Can a person laugh and cry at the same time?!

AZ_Steeler
01-07-2008, 02:50 AM
There is no way the Steelers get rid of Smith... the dude had a sophomore slump this year, ran his mouth and learned a lesson. He will be back and badder than ever!

Najeh was huge when FWP went down... I think he's worth keeping around especially for the price the Steelers snagged him for.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-07-2008, 09:39 AM
You can't get rid of Dookie..he's just not a premiere back. He works great as a 1-2 punch with Willie in there.The Dookmiester has been solid for us all year doing everything the team asked him to do, return kicks,get the tough yards,catch a few bombs even.
We get that Oline straightened out and Dookie and FWP have a field day next year.

SteelersWoman
01-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Naj averaged what--7.8 YPC...for all the more he got the ball, I think that's an AMAZING number. Is there any other back who beat that number? If so, there wouldn't be many of them....

No, he's not an every down back, but there are times when he's gotten us some pretty tough yards, (love that spin move that blows off a tackler for an extra yard or two sometimes) and considering the line he had blocking for him? I have NO idea how he or Willie either one did ANYthing this season.

And did anyone see Najeh push Ben for that QB sneak and resultant first down? No way Willie would've been able to do that lol

I think Najeh needs to get the ball more this coming season so as to give him some rythym. If we have a decent line, he could get some awesome chunks of yardage.

And concerning Smith...a lot of 2nd year guys have a bad season--he played great before, I'm sure he'll do it again.

steel-tex
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
guy's wasn't it morrison and pegram in 94-95?? one ran inside the tackle one ran outside the tackle they made for a great running game. parker and naja are the same way, we just need someone to open holes up for them to run through. i am sorry guys but our o-line dosn't push defences back off the ball. remember in late 80s and early 90s a few of those years merril hodge ran like the wind, it was our o-line. they had backups who could start and got rested up during the game on a rotation. those boys made holes and beat defensive lines to death. o-line needs redone not backs

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 03:39 PM
And did anyone see Najeh push Ben for that QB sneak and resultant first down? No way Willie would've been able to do that lol

Wasn't that great !! there was no way Ben was getting that first down without Davenport pushing him through the small hole that opened up just to their right side. Definitely a heads up play by Najeh and a veteran move to help out his QB on a crucial play.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
01-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I really hope we can get some off-season moves to reamp our line cause I cant wait untill we get that good puch up front then Smashmouth football will be back. Because Davenport can and will get the job done and Parker could to cause he was behind a crappy line all year. and Anthony Smith needs to stop being retarded and wait on that ball he has alot of potentail.

Stairwayto7
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
If Davenport is found guilty of the charges against him, he will be gone anyway!

memphissteelergirl
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Trade Davenport, what for?? The dude is not built to bust a play off the outside, that's not his forte. He can do just fine when he has blockers in front of him to open up holes but you can't expect him to run inside where this is no hole. they tried to get him to run outside yesterday and he's not that kind of back. Najeh has been money for us all year long and has played well, IMO he should have gotten more touches than what he did.

Getting rid of Davenport would be a terrible idea.

You can't get rid of Anthony Smith either just because he had a bad stretch. Have you not watched him all year long playing well, hitting hard, and showing his potential. He has some growing up to do but you don't can a guy just because he he's going through some growing pains and learning how to be a better player.

Both of these guys will be money for us for years to come and getting rid of either one of them would be pointless.

Don't confuse him with the facts, TG!! :bluelol::bluelol:

Silverback 92
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Beginning of the year Smith was putting hits on people like he had a contract out on them...Then he said some things that the TEAM couldnt back up Davenport is what he is, a pretty good back up..... And here we are.....

SteelerFan87
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
When Parker is playing, people say "Get rid or him! He's not big enough! We need a big, power running back that can get the short yards!"
When Parker goes down and Najeh starts, people say "Get rid of him! He can't get the big runs like Willie can!" :banging:

How about we keep both of them, and Willie can get his big runs, and Najeh can get the short yardage? Isn't that a novel idea!

As for Smith, IIRC that was Tyrone Carter on that play, not Smith. Carter had a bad game. Get rid of him! lol :lol:

P4E*
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I didn't realise smith was a football player..that dude should be cut for making that ridiculous statement

Ps:Unlucky guys against the jags,looked like you where gonna pull it out.dont worry we will kick there *** for you

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
When Parker is playing, people say "Get rid or him! He's not big enough! We need a big, power running back that can get the short yards!"
When Parker goes down and Najeh starts, people say "Get rid of him! He can't get the big runs like Willie can!" :banging:

How about we keep both of them, and Willie can get his big runs, and Najeh can get the short yardage? Isn't that a novel idea!

As for Smith, IIRC that was Tyrone Carter on that play, not Smith. Carter had a bad game. Get rid of him! lol :lol:

Give that man a cigar ! OH wait a minute, hold on! We can't have 2 RB's with contrasting styles on the same team that will never work! What's the matter what you! :lol:

SteelersWoman
01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
...How about we keep both of them, and Willie can get his big runs, and Najeh can get the short yardage? ...

Several of us have said that very thing this season. Willie's pulling too much of the load--and Najeh doesn't get enough carries for any rythm. There has to be a middle ground that would be the perfect compliment for both of them.