PDA

View Full Version : The day after feeling is the worst...

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I laid on the couch and felt so depressed this was the worst loss yet. We had this game, the players showed us that they were better than Jags. They played their hearts out. Then to lose it like that. When the coaches call run,run, then QB run at the next to last poss. after we had shredded their tired defense the second half, all my blood left my body and I felt that the inconsistant season had snuck back. I felt so bad for Ward, Miller,and the defense for playing so hard and then not getting it. This was the worse.

I knew it from the moment that we held the Jaguars off and forced them to punt. Our season hinged right then on getting a first down. We failed with poor playcalling at that point.

I knew my initial thought was confirmed from the moment we ran Roethlisberger on that 3rd and 6 L-side scramble.

Even more knew it after the Steeler punt.

When they had 3rd and 2 for the first down with time starting to twindle, match...point...victory to the Jaguars...before they ever even got that 4th down 32 yard scramble.

That is what hurts about this game, because we took that game and then threw it away on running when passing is what got us there in this game. Arian did not get innovative when it really counted.
I woke up this morning after and I swear i dreamed of that 4th and 2, I woke up looking up at the ceiling and thinking of that 4th and 2 and that we are done for the year and turn on the games today but it is NOT the same, not even enjoyable to watch them today. I know TIME heals all wounds and a week from now I will have accepted it a little better, but NO stopping that empty feeling right now.....just nice to know none of us are alone and we have each other to get over it. I know it's JUST a game but for the whole season, you cannot wait from week to week for Sunday to get here.....We will be BACK and stronger next year.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 07:34 PM
The players (Ben, Hines, Heath, Santonio) should feel somewhat betrayed, taking the ball out of their hands when it mattered the most.

yinzer
01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
worst game hangover i've had for sure. thanks bruce. i hear the allegheny corrections facility is looking for an offensive coordinator for their sandlot football team. be careful, though. those guys carry shanks.

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
It does quite sting today. It hurts we are done and I feel so bad for everyone who worked so hard. I know we are going to have a great year in 2008!!! :tt02:

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm with you all on this one. Hard to beat the blahs today. I'm just not ready for our season to be done. :evilshake:

K Train
01-06-2008, 11:05 PM
did you all really expect us to win it all? im glad we made the playoffs and gave the jags a game...losing to them in a thriller is better than being destroyed by the pats next week

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
did you all really expect us to win it all? im glad we made the playoffs and gave the jags a game...losing to them in a thriller is better than being destroyed by the pats next weekNo....to be honest I didn't. And I'm very proud of this team and what they did accomplish.....none the less....ok...I admit it....I'm sad that MY football season is over. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
did you all really expect us to win it all? im glad we made the playoffs and gave the jags a game...losing to them in a thriller is better than being destroyed by the pats next week

No I didn't expect the Steelers to win it all...I knew after the Broncos loss that the team wasn't Super Bowl material....But still losing a game and especially losing a play-off game really sucks.....Its a long way until the draft even....I have sit through months of baseball an ****....lol At least March Madness kicks ***......The NBA play-offs are alright but I havn't followed the NBA like I use to do when Michael Jordan played....The NHL play-offs are exciting...But nothing is like the NFL.....

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Anybody that would sit here and say they aren't glad we made the playoffs needs to have their head examined :lol: You know what they say, "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" well in the playoffs it's "better to have made the playoffs and lost than to not have made them at all: :D

Having said that, losing always sux but it was an exciting game. Hell all of the wildcard games this weekend were exciting which is always a good thing. the wildcard round is always the most fun to watch because you get to see teams just let it all hang out and they've been fighting and scratching without a chance to have the bye week so they are usually still sharp and make the games interesting.

ARKIESTEEL
01-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Well looking back it was a great season compared to last year, but I have a big empty hole in me that this team could have gone at least one more level. I didnt even watch the games sunday dont even know who won or even care the NFL football season has ended. How many days till September?

On a plus note I did get to meet many new people and had a big time this year. Damn them Jags damn them!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-07-2008, 08:49 AM
That 3rd and 6 play will go down as the play that lived in Infamy, although if he gets that 1st down and we win, everyone would be on BA's sack for engineering a crazy comeback.

I've said it before the play selection at that point was horrible, but to put up 19 points in the 4th Quater was pretty sweet.Tough loss,great season.

I thank the Pittsburgh Steelers for giving me another excitiing football season and taking me on a emotional rollercoaster ride for the finale!

steel-tex
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
i feel like crap my black armband is on we made a great comback but (they call me bruce) has a short memory--and forgot what got us to that point. run run run im going to puke. for our guys that stepped it up a notch good job and sorry you have to play for (they call me bruce) you deserve better, we all do. sad in texass

yinzer
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
i didn't expect us to win it all. i won't complain when we play well and lose. it's shiatty when we beat ourselves. it's not like we played our hearts out and coaches made great calls during the game. the entire game was a cluster ***k plain and simple.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
i didn't expect us to win it all. i won't complain when we play well and lose. it's shiatty when we beat ourselves. it's not like we played our hearts out and coaches made great calls during the game. the entire game was a cluster ***k plain and simple.

We did play our hearts out in that game. The team rallied and left it all on the field. They did take the lead in the end remember but the defense just couldn't hold. We gave them way too many chances with the kickoff return and the INT's so yes in those instances we did give them the chances to win the game on a silver platter but at the same time this team didn't just give up, they rallied and that showed me they have pride and class.

yinzer
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
We did play our hearts out in that game. The team rallied and left it all on the field. They did take the lead in the end remember but the defense just couldn't hold. We gave them way too many chances with the kickoff return and the INT's so yes in those instances we did give them the chances to win the game on a silver platter but at the same time this team didn't just give up, they rallied and that showed me they have pride and class.

we played our hearts out in the second half.