PDA

View Full Version : Head Games

Silverback 92
01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I saw yesterday where Tomlins was showing the first Jags /Steelers game through out the week on a loop to motivate his team.....Whats next go to bed without dinner for throwing 3 ints in the first half.....Come on Coach treat them like MEN...Maybe coach and staff should have to watch Cards , Jets ,Pats , Jags and Ravens games in a loop till next season.......

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I saw yesterday where Tomlins was showing the first Jags /Steelers game through out the week on a loop to motivate his team.....Whats next go to bed without dinner for throwing 3 ints in the first half.....Come on Coach treat them like MEN...Maybe coach and staff should have to watch Cards , Jets ,Pats , Jags and Ravens games in a loop till next season.......
Seems to me it was a motivational tool, that obviously worked. The D showed up for most of the game, better then the first meeting. Tomlin IMHO opinion is treating them like men, I tell you what, if I **** up doin something, I'll take an *** chewing but you let one drop of spit land on me , we're goin round and round.

stillers4me
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
It was a stroke of genius. Keep that bitter taste of defeat in their mouths until they're sick to death of it. When we were down by what 17, 18 points last night, you could tell they were thinking about it. What a comeback. Too bad we didn't hold on to it a few minute longer...........

It's going to be interesting watching what kind of things he does over the years to play head games with the players ......and the media!

Captcoolhand
01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
We can all go on and on about what this team needs to do and how we need to change but for Me, I'm just glad I don't work in the Front Office.:nono: You gotta believe that some of those guys are worried about having a job to come back too.
For the most part though.....If this team doesn't handle things in a dramatic fashion, we might have problems getting by the Clowns if they (clowns) play like they did this year.:2cents::stirpot:

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
It was a stroke of genius. Keep that bitter taste of defeat in their mouths until they're sick to death of it. When we were down by what 17, 18 points last night, you could tell they were thinking about it. What a comeback. Too bad we didn't hold on to it a few minute longer...........

It's going to be interesting watching what kind of things he does over the years to play head games with the players ......and the media!:plus1: A motivational tool that seemed pretty successful to me. Those men wanted that win. Wish they could have pulled it off.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
It was a great motivational tool, how could you possibly think otherwise? He made this team eat, breathe, and live that Jax game from a weeks ago all week long. He pounded it home time and time again making the players stay focused on the task at hand with no distractions.

I did it worked out pretty darn well if you ask me. The defense came to play, the hit hard, played physical, and held the Jags rushing game in check. The big plays killed this team and the turnovers, on saturday night.

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 03:54 PM
YEA LISTEN THIS IS THE GUY 1ST SEASON AS AN HEAD COACH,WE WILL B ALRIGHT, WITH ALL THE INJURIES WE HAD I DIDN'T WANT 2 GO FAR N THE PLAYOFFS.....................I'M MORE CONCERN WITH THE STEELERS BRINGING N THE RIGHT COACHES WE NEED AN REAL O-LINE COACH AN A REAL SPECIAL TEAM COACH,WE NEED 2 GET RID OF AN FEW FOLK.......................AN SWITCH 2 TOMLINS DEFENSE, I HATE THAT WE CAN'T KEEP AN SPY GUY N THE 3-4 WHAT GIVES:dunno:I'M PLEASED WITH WHAT THE COACH PUT OUT THERE WE BEEN CRYING 4 AN COACH WHO LET HIS COORDINATORS COACH WELL NOW WE HAVE ONE SO LET MIKE DO HIS JOB, IF THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE N JUST 1 SEASON I CAN'T WAIT 2 C SEASON 2 :tt02::tt02:IF WE MAKE THE RIGHT MOVES AN GET THE RIGHT COACHES N HERE THERE'S NO DOUBT N MY MIND THAT WE CAN GO BACK AN WIN THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

BBG7
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Are you kidding me. I thought it was a great motivational tool that lit a fire undedr these guys. Men should be able to handle it! You don't think Tomlin is going to watch our losses this offseason, you are crazy. He is a coach that wants everyone to be accountable for their mistakes and that includes himself. He will watch those games and he will learn from his mistakes and experiences. I think he will analyze every aspect of the game esp. on the losses.

You think he is the first to do stuff like this to motivate his team??? Hell Cowher made every guy on the team sit down, watch film, and analyze every play they were in that game...he called them all out late in the season...guess what happened that year...we never lost another game and won the SB.

I think they can handle it!

JensK
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I think they can handle it!

One thing is certain.. If they can't they don't dersirve to get payed idontknowhowmany millions.. :greengrin:

These guys are the best of the best. Professionals who use everyday to play with that ball and watch movies and strategies. If they can't handle it, they should find something else to do, because thats football! :helmet:

BBG7
01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
One thing is certain.. If they can't they don't dersirve to get payed idontknowhowmany millions.. :greengrin:

These guys are the best of the best. Professionals who use everyday to play with that ball and watch movies and strategies. If they can't handle it, they should find something else to do, because thats football! :helmet:

:plus1:EXACTLY!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 05:04 PM
We have to remember too that even though these guys are super star millionaires who play a professional game for living they are still human too and great coaches are also great motivators. Not necessarily spit flying, rah rah all the time either but mental preparation and keeping the players focused in unique ways is where you see good coaches who really know their team.

yinzer
01-06-2008, 05:06 PM
the BIG point here that everybody seems to be missing is that IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Silverback 92
01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
the BIG point here that everybody seems to be missing is that IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Not EVERY ONE MISSED MY Point I Guess

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I think it did work. Did we win the game, no. However we did play better on defense and the offense move the ball a lot better through the air and set us up in a position to win. They only had 134 yds rushing which is still not good but it's a far sight better than the 200+ we gave us last time.

Ultimately you either win or lose and we didn't finish the deal but I prefer to look at this particular case as the "glass half full" and say that his tactic for motivation was very good and it helped us to stay focused on the task at hand.

BBG7
01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Not EVERY ONE MISSED MY Point I Guess

you didn't say that at all in your first post and that's what people reply to.
The idea was to motivate the team and it did (they put up a hell of a fight)....it doesn't guarentee a win though!!!!