PDA

View Full Version : ***Vote*** biggest factor in loss

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Go to the homepage and vote (http://www.steeleraddicts.com) for what you think was the biggest factor in the loss.

Koopa
01-06-2008, 02:06 AM
they didn't have a kickoff returned for a td lol

i went with ben's three ints because one went for a td, and one was pretty close to the endzone that lost us out on points

can't blame the refs, if you do, then i hate you lol......

there may have been a lack of a running game but we passed pretty good so that wasn't a factor

play calling was fagged out, wtf was that qb sweep on third in 6 late in the fourth??? that was the gayest **** ever and arians needs to die in the offseaon for that........and going for the two point conversions, i guess it was ok going for them, but that just shows we didn't have faith in the defense, if we had kicked an extra point on both those late tds we go into overtime, but still if ben didn't throw a pick six there's no need for those attempts

and i blame ben too for the line, yeah they suck horse dick, but he is so hell bent on having a good passing percentage that he'd take the stupid sack, just ****ing throw the ball away, he's ****ing retarded, getting hit in the head with a windshield has made him retarded lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 02:08 AM
I fixed the kickoff option...

Koopa
01-06-2008, 02:12 AM
how come my vote went away and it won't let me vote again?? lol

LarryNJ
01-06-2008, 07:19 AM
The 3 int's were the killer. Not too often you are going to have 3 turn overs and win, especially in the playoffs.

steelernewb50
01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
i voted the ints. definitely.

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 09:07 AM
THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN THE LOST WAS THE B.S PLAY CALLING LATE N THE GAME WHEN WE SHOULD'VE OF MADE AN 1ST DOWN INSTEAD OF CALLING AN AN QB DRAW, WE PLAYED AN HELL OF AN CATCH UP GAME THEN WHEN WE GOT THE PENALITY ON THE 1ST 2 POINT TRY WE SHOULD'VE KICKED THE EXTRA POINT HOW MANY TEAMS GO 4, 2 ON THERE OWN 12 YARD LINE? THEN WHEN WE SCORED AGAIN WE GO 4 1 AGAIN AN WERE UP 31-28, BUT I'M GLAD WE LOST BECAUSE NOW IT GIVES US QUALITY TIME 2 BRING N SOME REAL O-LINE COACHES AN SPECIAL TEAM COACHES INSTEAD OF GRABBING WHO IS EVER LEFT OUT THERE LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR WE WILL B FINE STEELER NATION...........................

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 09:40 AM
3 ints were probably biggest factor at least that's how I voted. IF the kickoff return hadn't happened.that was huge. A normal ST return of say 15 yds and the defense playing well early could have been a big difference.... woulda ,shoulda ,coulda....

dick rasile
01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Go to the homepage and vote (http://www.steeleraddicts.com) for what you think was the biggest factor in the loss.
The special teams have sucked for so many years that I don't want to remember. Do you know how many half assed players have become stars because of what they do on Steelers attempts to kick the ball. I'm sure that we allowed quite a few to enter the record books.:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Definitely the 3 INT's, there were other factors towards the end of the game but the INT's put us in a deep hole early.

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
how come my vote went away and it won't let me vote again?? lol

b/c you dont matter

JensK
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Voted the 3 interceptions.. We were behind with 3 touchdowns, we threw 3 interceptions.. Go figure :P Im not saying that it was the interceptions fault all along, but one of them lead to a touchdown and i believe they got a touchdown on the other to aswell?

yinzer
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
definitely the play calling. the 3 int's were awful too but i can't get over that 3rd and 6 qb sweep/draw/keeper! also, what happened to the play calling after the first possession?? did we score too fast for arians?? did he feel the need to throw some bullshit offense to stir things up?? arians has tendency to do that kind of crap! the same thing with arians not getting the ball to spaeth. spaeth was rockin the first handful of games then arians took him out of the equation almost completely. and, the stupid facemask penalty from ike... that's a coaches fault.

Silverback 92
01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
least no one blamed the refs so far....Id hate to turn into the seahawks

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
The Sean Mahan hold on the two point play was a terrible call and if its not called its 28-25 followed by another score which would have made it 32-28 forcing the Jags to get a TD to win it and not just a kick. Im not gonna blame the refs or single them out either but that call was just horrific especially on such a great catch by Ward which they probably should have called interference too. But again it is Sean Mahan and it doesnt surprise me that he was the one called for that penalty because bad things seem to have around Sean Mahan all year and all season and its one of the main reasons he should not be brought back next year. The 3 plays that lost this game were when the Steelers got the ball back up 1 with under 3 minutes left and they ran the ball twice with Davenport and then the absolutely pathetic putrid QB sneak by Ben to Trai Essex side on 3rd and 6. Why not just keep throwing the ball there Bruce and go for the kill and try to ice the game. The Jags the whole second half had no answer for the Steelers spread offense. Ben aside from the 3 INT's in the first half was completely picking them apart when the Steelers went 4-5 wides and in the hurry up why not just keep doing it?? Tomlin and Ariens in my opinion were too cautious that last series there and played not to lose, and when you play not to lose that is exactly what happens you lose. They were not aggressive enough and did not go for the kill when they had the chance up one and the ball in the last 2-3 minutes. Ariens playcalling on the 2nd two point play on the fade call to Nate was also a **** call as well. Its how Bruce has been all year with his playcalling it is good at times, but when it absolutely has to be good in key points in the games he has been horrible, much like the defense this season when they have needed to make a stop on 4th and 2 which would have iced the game and they didnt get it done.

The bottom line was it was a great comeback and it was almost a miracle victory but when the Steelers look at this film today or the next couple days they should be sick to their stomachs on how close they were to winning this game and how they should have won the game. Just a very very tough loss to close out the season especially after coming back all the way down 18 to take the lead by 1 and be one 4th down and 2 play away from sealing the victory.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
The 3 INTs were the main factor.....No way around it.....I'm the biggest Ben fan around but he is the sole reason this team isn't playing the Pats next week.....

Captcoolhand
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
The 3 INTs were the main factor.....No way around it.....I'm the biggest Ben fan around but he is the sole reason this team isn't playing the Pats next week.....
Sole Reason... Biggest Fan putting the whole teams reason for losing on his Big Ben.:scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Sole Reason... Biggest Fan putting the whole teams reason for losing on his Big Ben.:scratch:

Dude you take the 3 INTs away and the Steelers win the game no problem....Ben had a one bad half of football...I'm not knocking him its the truth....Doesn't make me a less of fan of Ben's for blaming the loss on him...Ben would tell you the same thing he is the sole reason the team lost......Capt I swear I don't know why you're scratching your head on this matter....I have followed Ben since is Miami of Ohio days....Ben a fan of his since before he was a Steeler...I have defended him on many times but when he stinks the joint up like he did in the first half then I'm not going to sugar coat it...lol

Captcoolhand
01-06-2008, 04:31 PM
BG32- that fine you're entitled to your opinion but I still don't get how you can put sole blame on Ben when there were other factors that contributed to the lost. I like Ben as well and watched him play for Miami but they still made a hell of a come back and got robbed in the end.
Point is, I agree and disagree but still can't put sole reason on Ben. :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 04:36 PM
BG32- that fine you're entitled to your opinion but I still don't get how you can put sole blame on Ben when there were other factors that contributed to the lost. I like Ben as well and watched him play for Miami but they still made a hell of a come back and got robbed in the end.
Point is, I agree and disagree but still can't put sole reason on Ben. :dunno:

Robbed? How did the Steelers get robbed? You think the refs robbed the Steelers....If so you sound like a Seahawks fan now by blaming the refs...lol I agree they made a nice comeback and Ben played a very good game overall but his 3 INTs were the sole reason this team lost....Yes the big kick return that led to the Jags first TD was a reason also and the defense just letting Garrard run free on that 4th and 2 play was another reason...Arians ****** play call to run the ball with Ben on that 3rd down instead of passing for the first down was another reason...But you can't get around Ben's 3 INTs....Without those this game isn't close and the Steelers are playing next week...

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2008, 04:42 PM

So I guess Ben had nothing to do with them scoring 19 unanswered points either to give them the lead in the game 29-28 and be only one play away from winning the game despite the 3 ints. Ben and Ward made a great throw and catch on the 2 point play that got called a hold by Mahan to cut the lead 3. I mean how much more would you have wanted Ben to do to overcome 3 picks and bring them back to have a chance. He was damn near flawless in the 2nd half there. Like I said this teams problem all year long has been failure to get key stops on D when they absolutely needed it, and the play calling by Bruce Ariens. Those 3 calls to run Dookie on first and second down and then QB sweep draw by Ben was just terrible. Ben is the best player on this team like or not and in that situation with how he was tearing up the Jags D the whole second half you gotta keep throwing the ball and spreading it and go for the kill. Instead Tomlin and Ariens much like they have all year long have played it safe and played not too lose which is exactly what happened in the end. Ill say it again the Mahan call was absolutely horrible, and not to pick apart other plays but Foote or Casey Hampton was clearly grabbed on that last Garrard QB sneak to pretty much ice the game. But Im not gonna sit here and bitch about this and bitch about that it is what it is the bottom line is the Jags got it done and made the plays when they had too and the Steelers didnt. The Steelers are not that far away from being a great football team but clearly they have some areas in particular some of these assistant coaches they need to address if they are going to get where they want to go.

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I said the INTs. He may have not always had the protection he needed but those put us in a hole for sure.

Captcoolhand
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Robbed? How did the Steelers get robbed? You think the refs robbed the Steelers....If so you sound like a Seahawks fan now by blaming the refs...lol I agree they made a nice comeback and Ben played a very good game overall but his 3 INTs were the sole reason this team lost....Yes the big kick return that led to the Jags first TD was a reason also and the defense just letting Garrard run free on that 4th and 2 play was another reason...Arians shiatty play call to run the ball with Ben on that 3rd down instead of passing for the first down was another reason...But you can't get around Ben's 3 INTs....Without those this game isn't close and the Steelers are playing next week...I justed pissed so no contest here:lol:
I'm sure we could go back and forth and agree with somethings. but nevermind that, that Arians call on 3rd. :eek: what about who called a QB run on the 12 for 2 pts after they called timeout......who called that play? We needed 2 pts and that's the best that we could come up with. We should have went for the kick.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
So I guess Ben had nothing to do with them scoring 19 unanswered points either to give them the lead in the game 29-28 and be only one play away from winning the game despite the 3 ints. Ben and Ward made a great throw and catch on the 2 point play that got called a hold by Mahan to cut the lead 3. I mean how much more would you have wanted Ben to do to overcome 3 picks and bring them back to have a chance. He was damn near flawless in the 2nd half there. Like I said this teams problem all year long has been failure to get key stops on D when they absolutely needed it, and the play calling by Bruce Ariens. Those 3 calls to run Dookie on first and second down and then QB sweep draw by Ben was just terrible. Ben is the best player on this team like or not and in that situation with how he was tearing up the Jags D the whole second half you gotta keep throwing the ball and spreading it and go for the kill. Instead Tomlin and Ariens much like they have all year long have played it safe and played not too lose which is exactly what happened in the end. Ill say it again the Mahan call was absolutely horrible, and not to pick apart other plays but Foote or Casey Hampton was clearly grabbed on that last Garrard QB sneak to pretty much ice the game. But Im not gonna sit here and bitch about this and bitch about that it is what it is the bottom line is the Jags got it done and made the plays when they had too and the Steelers didnt. The Steelers are not that far away from being a great football team but clearly they have some areas in particular some of these assistant coaches they need to address if they are going to get where they want to go.

Wow...what a tool you are...lol I never said Ben didn't make a great effort in bringing the team back and gave him props many times for his great play in the second half....Plus I'm not bitching...lol All I stated is my opinion on the sole reason on why the team lost....lol Yea I ripped Ben so bad for his performance last night....Stop getting so butt hurt when somebody is critical of a Steelers player....

For real telling me of all people that Ben is the best player on this team is just ****ing retarded...Go read the Steelers MVP for 2007 thread...You see I posted that this team doesn't sniff the play-offs without Ben this year...Again I ask how am I bitching by stating Ben was the sole reason the Steelers lost the game and by saying he had a terrible first half? That isn't bitching thats a fact...lol Please go away now I have owned you I a have always owned you....You must be still butt hurt from me picking on Troy this year...:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I justed pissed so no contest here:lol:
I'm sure we could go back and forth and agree with somethings. but nevermind that, that Arians call on 3rd. :eek: what about who called a QB run on the 12 for 2 pts after they called timeout......who called that play? We needed 2 pts and that's the best that we could come up with. We should have went for the kick.

See I think it is no contest....Ben put us in that hole and he did his best to bring us out of that hole....Oh well it happens...He is always going to throw some ugly INTs just like Favre has his whole career...Its just something we're going to have to get use to.....I'm not knocking Ben at all...He had a great year and he showed he is in the top five best QBs in the NFL this year....But he is the sole reason the Steelers lost this game...Like I said it happens and I'm sure Ben will learn from this....

Troyisabeast_43
01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow...what a tool you are...lol I never said Ben didn't make a great effort in bringing the team back and gave him props many times for his great play in the second half....Plus I'm not bitching...lol All I stated is my opinion on the sole reason on why the team lost....lol Yea I ripped Ben so bad for his performance last night....Stop getting so butt hurt when somebody is critical of a Steelers player....

For real telling me of all people that Ben is the best player on this team is just ****ing retarded...Go read the Steelers MVP for 2007 thread...You see I posted that this team doesn't sniff the play-offs without Ben this year...Again I ask how am I bitching by stating Ben was the sole reason the Steelers lost the game and by saying he had a terrible first half? That isn't bitching thats a fact...lol Please go away now I have owned you I a have always owned you....You must be still butt hurt from me picking on Troy this year...:lol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

See I think it is no contest....Ben put us in that hole and he did his best to bring us out of that hole....Oh well it happens...He is always going to throw some ugly INTs just like Favre has his whole career...Its just something we're going to have to get use to.....I'm not knocking Ben at all...He had a great year and he showed he is in the top five best QBs in the NFL this year....But he is the sole reason the Steelers lost this game...Like I said it happens and I'm sure Ben will learn from this....

This conservative play calling has been a trend with this team for many years...........at least with THE BUS, we could seal the deal (some times). Without THE BUS, we can not play this way again................i would rather see us play AGGRESSIVELY and lose than play this conservative (aka SCARED) brand of football...............

I mean, when we got the ball back after holding the Jags, THEY WERE HANGING THEIR HEADS!!!!

We had all the momentum and had completed a teriific comeback to take the lead and what do we do......................just as everyone thought we would..........we wimped out once again!!

We had them beat...........all we needed was to put a boot in their backside and kick them alittle more and they were done...................BUT..............in usual Steeler fashion, we let them back in it..................we go three and out with even trying ONE pass play to get the first down...........

I am sick of this brand of football..............DID anyone see even once trick play....did anyone see anything that resembled AGGRESSIVE play calling.....not after the first drive....well, maybe a little bit to regain nthe lead, but then they go right back to that run run run mess...

Makes me SICK!!!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Tomlin had a good first season but he has to learn to take chances and play to win.

That 3 running play drive was terrible. The Steelers had no running game all game and all of a sudden you are going to rely on it to milk the clock and convert first downs.

Sepulveda and the punt cover unit is to blame as well, 24 net yards on that kick...terrible.

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Ben brought them back from a hole he pt them in. If it wasn't for the 3 picks, we win this game handily, take off your blinders.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Ben brought them back from a hole he pt them in. If it wasn't for the 3 picks, we win this game handily, take off your blinders.

I think Ktrain need to post the Steelers shades pic for that guy...lol

portcityblackandgold
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
3 ints hurt but the one for 6 was a killa. As for the holding, holding is not holding if the player being held is not trying to seperate himself.. He has to have his movement restricted. He has got to be trying to get away from the hold. Holding is defined by two terms in football officiating one is restriction and the other is a takedown. We saw two good examples of the takedown in the game. The Jags TE takedown of Troy P and Mahan's takedown of a Jags DT. I love that the Steelers played with the heart thats been missing in the last five games. Woodley has earned a starting position he is a beast.

K Train
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
ok the pick on the screen there is no excuse....the one in double coverage is something be does every once in a while....the pick six was really a good call, a good route and a good throw, give mathis some credit cause he made and awesome play on the ball.

But we wouldve dominated if you take away 1 or 2 of them.

Also, im not one that usually blames refs because it goes both ways, but the overturned holmes catch before half time made me want to club a baby seal

snowman79
01-08-2008, 07:31 AM
You cant gift wrap three int's in one game and expect to win it simple as that. ok the play calling was also bull**it but we had the chances to turn it around i am as gutted as the next Steeler fan but hey its over forget it and lets look to build next season lets take some quality picks instead of picking up the dregs. WE WILL RETURN STRONGER AND BETTER NEXT SEASON!!
WE ARE THE STEELERS, BELIEVE PEOPLE !!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

!!!!! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!!

catlabman
01-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I chose the bad play calling at the end. Yes, Ben had the 3 ints. but, we had the game won at the end. All we had to do was make a first down and some idiot called a QB sweep on 3rd and 6. I can still see the play and remember thinking...WTF!!!!!!!!!!! We were doing so well in the passing game, I thought they should have gone with a quick slant to Miller, I mean, Heath M. was on fire that night. Why! Why! Why! call a QB sweep!:cursin::willybs::scratch::banging: