PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin appreciates the 12th man

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Listening to Coach Tomlin in his press conference he was very appreciative of the 12th man.

He mentioned, "the Steeler Nation is something else", "they deserve to have a winning team and we're just sorry we couldn't give them that tonight".

The fans were just amazing tonight, the way they rallied in the 2nd half to cause false starts and just really get behind the team and you could see the guys feeding off the energy of the fans.

Yeah we lost the game..I'm angry, pissed off, hurt, and just flat worn out after this game but the Steeler Nation comes together like nobody else and we can be proud of the black n gold faithful that showed up in full force tonight !

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Very nice post!! I hate to be stupid but what exactly is the 12th man?

BR7
01-06-2008, 01:52 AM
The fans are considered the 12th man. We copied it from the Seahags :lol: Its a copy cat league

Hawk Believer
01-06-2008, 01:53 AM
The fans are considered the 12th man. We copied it from the Seahags :lol: Its a copy cat league

:lol: Hey, I thought we copied it from A&M!

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 01:54 AM

hahahaha! I see! Just like they steal our terrible towels well and everyone else we'll steal their 12th man! Thanks!!!

BR7
01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
:lol: Hey, I thought we copied it from A&M!

Damn, yeah. I forgot. We got it from Seattle, Seattle got it from Texas A&M. A&M got it from that high school in Friday Night Lights and I think they got it from like some pop warner team in Miami? lol. :lol:

hahahaha! I see! Just like they steal our terrible towels well and everyone else we'll steal their 12th man! Thanks!!!

Right! Now someone needs to steal our OCs playcalling :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Looking at all the terrible towels waving before the game, all the fans screaming, pumping their fists in the air, stomping their feet, and trying to rally the troops. It makes you proud to be a Steeler fan all the more.

Hawk Believer
01-06-2008, 01:59 AM

I am hoping we can steal Faneca from you guys this offseason....:greengrin:

BBG7
01-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Looking at all the terrible towels waving before the game, all the fans screaming, pumping their fists in the air, stomping their feet, and trying to rally the troops. It makes you proud to be a Steeler fan all the more.

The fans were great tonight and they stayed in it the whole game. I loved when they broke out in the Here We Go Steelers....every person there had to be chanting it....too bad Ben had to quite them down...lol!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping we can steal Faneca from you guys this offseason....:greengrin:

good luck...my bet is he goes to Arizona with his drinking buddy!

BR7
01-06-2008, 02:02 AM
With his O'le syle blocking.. he's all yours.

http://www.captionmachine.com/photos/221.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Stop killing my thread, this is supposed to be about how great our fans are :D

AZ_Steeler
01-06-2008, 03:32 AM
There were a few fans that left there early in the third quarter but the ones that stuck it out definitely had that place rocking! The fans were rocking here in arizona at the bars that's for sure! :bigthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
There were a few fans that left there early in the third quarter but the ones that stuck it out definitely had that place rocking! The fans were rocking here in arizona at the bars that's for sure! :bigthumb:

Oh yea the fans were awesome in Heinz field! Awesome! My Steeler bar was crazy! Although we had a few *******s coming to a Steeler bar and rooting for the FAgs! Pissed me off and I told them so! Most of them weren't even Fag fans they were just being dicks! It was good to see the Steeler nation cheering so hard everywhere! I feel a little disappointed and it still stings this morning but I know it's for the best although I'd love to see us be the ones to beat the Pats!!! :tt02:

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I WILL SAY THIS THIS IS THE LOUDEST I HEARD THE BLACK AN GOLD BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AN CHEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR N THE SAME GAME LOL WE DO HAVE GREAT FANS AN I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL B N THE SUPER BOWL HUNT NEXT YEAR IF WE MAKE THE RIGHT MOVES THIS OFF SEASON WEE DON'T NEED AN WHOLE LOT, JUST PLUG N THE HOLES WE HAVE ON OFFENSE AN DEFENSE AN WE WILL B FINE, WE HAVE 2 TIGHTEN UP SPECIAL TEAMS 2

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 10:26 AM
With his O'le syle blocking.. he's all yours.

http://www.captionmachine.com/photos/221.jpg

Oh get out of here, Faneca balled last night.

The fans were amazing last night. I had the time of my life, that place went nuts when we went up by one.

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 10:26 AM
TAMPA GIRL THAT'S THE SAME WAY THESE FAG AZZZZZZZZZZZ CLEVELAND FANS DO US UP HERE, THAT'S WHY I STAYED HOME ON THIS ONE..............AN THE FUNNY THING IS THE CLOWNS DIDN'T MAKE IT 2 THE PLAYOFFS:dunno:ANYWAY IT JUST PROVES MY POINT DEEP DOWN INSIDE EVERY ONE WANTS 2 B AN STEELERS FAN:banana::hilarious::bluelol::lol::yellowthumb: THE REST OF THE NFL TEAMS JUST EXISTS:hilarious:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
The fans were rocking the joint last night!! Proud to be a member of STEELER NATION !!

Funny thing bout this game, didn't see no jags fans on the tube. Why is it where ever we play STEELER NATION shows up but the other teams don't make the same kinda appearance in our house?? That bout sums up why STEELER NATION is #1 and the rest are wannabes.....

StlersGuy
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Stop killing my thread, this is supposed to be about how great our fans are :D

:yellowthumb::tt02::tt02:

Iron City South
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Fans were great, unfortunately Arians and Tomlin **** the bed.

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
No matter where I've been fans of other teams shake their heads and seem dumbfounded by the Steelers Nation....the way we support our team....the way we travel. We're like no other. :cope:

Captcoolhand
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Fans were great but it just seemed like there wasn't quit as many Terrible towel as in the past. But then again, checking out the tailgate Party's in the 3rdQ should did make a guy wish he was out there.:yesnod:
Did anyone else catch that when Michaels/Madden switch the camera to the Parking lot last night. Man, just tailgating without Tickets would be worth going to a game. :yellowthumb::lol:

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
We're like no other. :cope:

:plus1: They have no clue what its like to bleed for their team...

TO BLEED BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Seriously....this past week I was sitting out on the patio at my hotel in South Florida....people there from all over the country. Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Boston, Georgia.....two things everybody agreed on. You can't count out the Steelers till it's done and our fan base is incredible and everywhere! (They seemed a little annoyed by it, but in an envious kind of way.) :greengrin:

Dee Mca
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Funny thing bout this game, didn't see no jags fans on the tube. Why is it where ever we play STEELER NATION shows up but the other teams don't make the same kinda appearance in our house?? That bout sums up why STEELER NATION is #1 and the rest are wannabes.....

Because no matter what Steeler fans don't sell their tickets on Ebay they go to the game or give their tickets to other Steeler fans.

I love our fans. No matter where we play it's like a home game. I'm sure the way the fans was cheering is what told our guys to get back out their and play.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Seriously....this past week I was sitting out on the patio at my hotel in South Florida....people there from all over the country. Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Boston, Georgia.....two things everybody agreed on. You can't count out the Steelers till it's done and our fan base is incredible and everywhere! (They seemed a little annoyed by it, but in an envious kind of way.) :greengrin:

How could they not be envious of our fan base. No matter where you go overseas or across the street you can always find a Steeler fan. I don't care what anybody says, the so called "Americas Team" has nothing on us. We have the best fan base, the biggest fan base, the most loyal and well traveled fan base in all of professional sports and that's a fact. No other team takes over an away game like we do. If you listen to the radio sometime during an away game or you watch TV and just listen to the cheering when the Steelers make a big play; most times it's hard to tell who is the real home team. :towelwave:

JB 67
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Listening to Coach Tomlin in his press conference he was very appreciative of the 12th man.

He mentioned, "the Steeler Nation is something else", "they deserve to have a winning team and we're just sorry we couldn't give them that tonight".

The fans were just amazing tonight, the way they rallied in the 2nd half to cause false starts and just really get behind the team and you could see the guys feeding off the energy of the fans.

Yeah we lost the game..I'm angry, pissed off, hurt, and just flat worn out after this game but the Steeler Nation comes together like nobody else and we can be proud of the black n gold faithful that showed up in full force tonight ! I hate people that go to games and don't make noise ..I always feel like my freaking head is gonna explode when i leave, glad to see the fans make a difference. :cope:

NOVA STEELERS
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I still have not gotten my voice back, I was yelling so loud and gettin SEC 136 Fired UP........ It was kind of sad at times I heard more then once in the second quarter "Its Over", "We Suck", "Another Playoff Loss at home" It was my first visit to Heinz and I was totally floored could not believe what I was hearing......... Was very very sad........ But overall it was an Awesome Experience and Look forward to many more in the future.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
TAMPA GIRL THAT'S THE SAME WAY THESE FAG AZZZZZZZZZZZ CLEVELAND FANS DO US UP HERE, THAT'S WHY I STAYED HOME ON THIS ONE..............AN THE FUNNY THING IS THE CLOWNS DIDN'T MAKE IT 2 THE PLAYOFFS:dunno:ANYWAY IT JUST PROVES MY POINT DEEP DOWN INSIDE EVERY ONE WANTS 2 B AN STEELERS FAN:banana::hilarious::bluelol::lol::yellowthumb: THE REST OF THE NFL TEAMS JUST EXISTS:hilarious:

I hate that and the worst part is where I go is a Steeler bar only, we have a Black and Gold club and they played dumb like they didn't know it was a Steeler bar, my buddy said to them "Look around and you can't tell it's a Steeler bar??? The entire place is black and gold!!" Dumb asses!
Well said on that last part..Everyone wants to be a Steeler fan but afraid they can't handle it! hahahahaha!