PDA

View Full Version : TO BE HONEST I'M GLAD THIS SEASON IS OVER

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
I don't want this to be a negative post but I just want to say that I'm actually glad this season is over and we can look forward to next season. We have way too many injuries and we really need to regroup and get our fire back. I"m hoping that the Rooneys will be willing to pay Fanaeca but I doubt they will so that to me is a big loss. One reason Im glad it's over is that I don't think with all our injuries and inconsistencies we can beat New England. It is what it is and I can't stand to see another humilating loss to those asses. I hate Jacksonville just as much and I hoping the Pats kill them! This season has been heartbreaking and frankly I'm worn out.

I think Tomlin is a great coach and is going to be a great asset in Pittsburgh. He should be quite proud of what he accomplished in Pittsburgh his first year of coaching. We need some help in the offensive coordinator position but hopefully we can work on that in the offseason. I know this will be a good time to regroup and come out a much better football team next year. I am confident in that. We had alot of injuries and alot of new guys coming in to play and it seemed that we just couldn't mesh this year.

I want to say that no matter what I'm proud that we went out of our last game fighting although I wish it wouldn't have been the Fags in Pittsburgh. THey made history and that sucks. Ben looked very upset during the press conference, I feel bad for that but I believe he'll come back stronger and more determined next year! I love this team!!

Don't be mad or sad this year guys, it would have been a very rough road for us this year to get to SB and my heart just couldn't take it. We are not the same team as 2005 but next year we will be!!! Go Steelers!!!! :tt02:

Koopa
01-06-2008, 03:11 AM
i'm glad it's over cause if we had won we'd only have been delaying the inevitable, so better now then next week........i'll be rooting for the jags though **** that hoe *** team catching up to our 5 superbowls, cause if they win it this year, i'm sure everyone will take pay cuts to stay next year and win it again

and i'm glad it's over casue now i can just worry about my spurs lol

introyitrust
01-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Same here. Although I am an optimistic fan I couldn't see us going through the playoffs this year and winning it all, especially with all the key players on IR. So I am not that pissed off over the loss tonight.

I agree with the mantra that only one team has a truly successful season (the Superbowl Champs), and the lower draft pick doesn't hurt either.

SteelerNut
01-06-2008, 06:09 AM
I just think we plain suck. Big Ben is gay and Tomlin is dumb

Steeler_Soldier
01-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah the season is over and I must admit I think its for the best. The list of injuries really would of done more damage the longer we stayed in the playoffs. The Steelers just need to do some rebuilding and start all over next year coming out and whoopin the **** out of ever gets in our way..Best of luck to our guys during the off season..

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 09:44 AM

We don't suck. We've had alot of injuries that have hurt us bad. You figure as a player when you have chemistry with another player you are use to playing with and they are no longer there, sometimes it makes your playing off balance. I didn't want to see us lose against the Pats. I thought except for the 2nd quarter did a great job against a Jags team who was thinking they were going to walk all over us but I"m proud we shook it up and made them think otherwise. We will be a great team next year! :tt02:

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 10:16 AM
ME 2 IT GIVES US MORE QUALITY TIME 2 BRING N MORE QUALITY COACHES BIG BEN HAS 2 DO AN BETTER JOB N MAKING DECISIONS, BUT HE'S NOT GAY AAN TOMLINS IS NOT DUMB HE HAD 2 PUT HIS STAMP ON THIS TEAM HE WILL B AN HELL OF AN COACH NEXT YEAR..........................HE BASICLY HAD THE SAME RECORD AS THAT FAG COWARD HAD HIS 1 ST YEAR, ONCE TOMLIN GETS THE RIGHT O-LINE COACH AN SPECIAL TEAMS COACH WE SHOULD B FINE....................

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM

wow....thought provoking insight.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
wow....thought provoking insight.

What do ya expect from a troll!!

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
To be honest I think it's pretty ****** when someone is glad the season is over. What kind of ****ed up attitude is that?

Sure, we probably wouldn't have beaten the Pats, but I would much rather see us try than be ****ing glad the season is over.

Thats some lame *** ****.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 11:34 AM
To be honest I think it's pretty shiatty when someone is glad the season is over. What kind of ****ed up attitude is that?

Sure, we probably wouldn't have beaten the Pats, but I would much rather see us try than be ****ing glad the season is over.

Thats some lame *** shiat.
Yeah, no way I'm glad its over with. The way we fought back in the second half would've gotten us on a roll for the next game. This is the playoffs!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 12:05 PM

That's about the most pointless post I think I've seen on this board since it started.

floodcitygirl
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM
To be honest I think it's pretty shiatty when someone is glad the season is over. What kind of ****ed up attitude is that?

Thats some lame *** shiat.People express grief in different ways. There were people around me last night that were totally pissed off that we came back and nearly won. lol It would have been less disappointing for them if we had just gotten spanked the whole game. I think that's insane personally. I was very proud of our guys coming back the way they did. They turned it into a real game. It gives me hope....unfortunately for next season.

steelersgal86
01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
:+1: :eyecrazy:

Silverback 92
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Im glad its over only because of the injury factor also.... Im hoping the jags take it all only cause I dont want the pats get 5 lombardis...But no way can the jags blow a 18 pt lead on the pats...They gotta keep the pressure on the WHOLE GAME !!! Good Luck Jags ....

steelcityrockers
01-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Im never glad when the seasons over. Do I think we would win? No, but I am still bitterly disappointed. I also have no affection for any other sport which makes me even angrier.

MDSteel15
01-06-2008, 05:22 PM

WOW!!! You must be a Rhodes Scholar! :eyecrazy:

BBG7
01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm not at all happy the season is over...however, I wasn't too hopeful for the next game. It still sucks....but we are heading on the right track...so there is always next year!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't know I'm never happy when the season ends......Even when the Steelers got spanked by the Pats in New England back in 1996 at New England I wasn't happy....Mike Tomczak was the starting QB that year and I knew that team wasn't going anywhere with Tomczak as the starter.....That didn't change the fact I still was upset to see the teams season come to an end....Remember Kordell entered that play-off game after the Steelers were down big time and missed on all of his 10 pass attempts in that game...lol They should have seen the writing on the wall with Kordell as a QB in that game...lol

Iron City South
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
i'm glad it's over cause if we had won we'd only have been delaying the inevitable, so better now then next week

:plus1:

Each week you get closer to the actual dance, the more the agony of defeat intensifies. I'll take my poison pill this week and be happy that it's not next week or the following week.

We've got some off-season work to do and issues to deal with. Let's hope our HC learned just as much, if not more, from this game and learned from it.

Dee Mca
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
In a way I think it sucks the season is over. Would have loved it to go another week maybe 2 or even 3, but would you have wanted Ben to be protected by an offensive line that we put to ether from practice squad guys an? Or how about a running back ( Which wasn't even on a practice squad) trying to pick up a blitzing corner? Or an Olympic Downhill skier returning kicks? Sooner or later with the luck we had this year all these guys would be playing:Jason Capizzi Grant Mason,Anthony Trucks,Mike Lorello,Jon Dekker,Jeremy Parquet,Marquis Cooper,Jeremy Bloom,Matt Lentz ,Verron Haynes,Jonathan Palmer,Justin Vincent. Maybe their is a diamond in the rough amongst all those names but I'd rather find out in Latrobe.

Over all I think we did alright this year with all that happened. The injuries,coaching change, players leaving, and the new guys coming in and them not being what we expected. Lets look forward to next season. Draft is right around the corner. Then camp opens.
(Some personal info)
Way things are going right now with my needed operation and rehab time after. Looking like I will be home sometime in the Fall. Hopefully able to attend Lyns B&G tailgate next season if not some games on my own. So yes I'm glad this seasons over just means getting to go home is closer and not farther away. I say 2008 will be better for all of us than 2007 was!

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 10:36 PM

If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my freaking post! I'm glad it's over and that's that...I"m the lame **** *** that says so. If you don't want to hear it, then don't post...OK??? :yellowthumb:

TEEMONT
01-07-2008, 12:31 AM
If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my freaking post! I'm glad it's over and that's that...I"m the lame shiat *** that says so. If you don't want to hear it, then don't post...OK??? :yellowthumb:

Oh boo ****ing hoo. It's a message board where varying opinions are all over the place. I think your attitude sucks, so I'm gonna tell you so, if you don't like it, block me, or
then don't post...OK???.

I'm not clair****ingvoyent, how can I tell if I'm going to like your post before I read it? I have an idea everyone! Let's all have the exact same opinion as TampaSteelerGirl, that way she won't get butt hurt when someone disagree's with her....sniffle sniffle.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm never glad when the season is over.......I wasn't even happy after Super Bowl XL....True I was more then thrilled with the Steelers winning it all...But after that game it was still the last game of the year...Which always sucks...I can't get enough Steelers ever...

Plus **** the Pats...I agree they would have kicked our ***....But I would never just oh well lets not advance in the play-offs since the mighty Pats will get our ***.....I could have told back after the Broncos loss that this team wasn't making it to the Super Bowl or beating the Pats...lol But still I didn't want the team to just quit the rest of the season...lol

K Train
01-07-2008, 12:37 AM
ive been looking forward to the draft for weeks lol, this team has most of the pieces to be great...just a few holes that need to be addressed, not even as much as some of you might think

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Having the season be over leaves such a void in my life, that's no lie..LOL. You look forward to reading about the latest player being hurt and if he'll be ready, you look forward to avenging a loss in the last game, or trying to put together a win streak..hell just the fact of win or lose watching the black n gold makes everything seem just alittle bit better ;)

Still though, losing a heartbreaker does take awhile to get over.

Dee Mca
01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
I have a solution to the problem. I will donate my time to play a season on madden and report on all the games just as if it was a real season. Plus family shouldn't fight. That and it's a long time till august and preseason games starting don't want to see everyone at each others throats for the next8 months.

Troyisabeast_43
01-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Having the season be over leaves such a void in my life, that's no lie..LOL. You look forward to reading about the latest player being hurt and if he'll be ready, you look forward to avenging a loss in the last game, or trying to put together a win streak..hell just the fact of win or lose watching the black n gold makes everything seem just alittle bit better ;)

Still though, losing a heartbreaker does take awhile to get over.

I hear you TG I was at the game last night and to see the emotion of the Steelers Nation especially in that 2nd half and when Ike got the INT and we scored to go up 29-28 was absolutely unbelievable. People all around you high fiving and hugging and knowing that they dont want it to end if you do indeed lose this game just so you can possibly have this feeling one more time next week. It was a heartbreaking loss and stuff you never want to lose a playoff game and have it end your season especially at home, but it is what it is and what the Steelers and this staff under Tomlin need to do is learn from this season and fill the voids that they need in some areas which will make them a better team for next season and make them go further. This loss stings, it sucks, its gut wrenching and it really pisses you off with the what ifs and the **** play calling at the end. But the bottom line is we can sit here and second guess stuff all we want till were blue in the face. We as Steelers fans have to live with it here for now and move on and look forward to the draft and improving this team for next season. This loss will take a good while to get over but eventually people will get over it and we will move on and the draft and summer time and camp will be here.

memphissteelergirl
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't want this to be a negative post but I just want to say that I'm actually glad this season is over and we can look forward to next season. We have way too many injuries and we really need to regroup and get our fire back. I"m hoping that the Rooneys will be willing to pay Fanaeca but I doubt they will so that to me is a big loss. One reason Im glad it's over is that I don't think with all our injuries and inconsistencies we can beat New England. It is what it is and I can't stand to see another humilating loss to those asses. I hate Jacksonville just as much and I hoping the Pats kill them! This season has been heartbreaking and frankly I'm worn out.

I think Tomlin is a great coach and is going to be a great asset in Pittsburgh. He should be quite proud of what he accomplished in Pittsburgh his first year of coaching. We need some help in the offensive coordinator position but hopefully we can work on that in the offseason. I know this will be a good time to regroup and come out a much better football team next year. I am confident in that. We had alot of injuries and alot of new guys coming in to play and it seemed that we just couldn't mesh this year.

I want to say that no matter what I'm proud that we went out of our last game fighting although I wish it wouldn't have been the Fags in Pittsburgh. THey made history and that sucks. Ben looked very upset during the press conference, I feel bad for that but I believe he'll come back stronger and more determined next year! I love this team!!

Don't be mad or sad this year guys, it would have been a very rough road for us this year to get to SB and my heart just couldn't take it. We are not the same team as 2005 but next year we will be!!! Go Steelers!!!! :tt02:

Well, while I cannot say with certainty that I am happy our season ended on Saturday, TSG, I will agree with you that given our injuries and inconsitent play over the past few weeks, it was not a given that we could have made a legit run at the SB this year. However, I have nothing but optimism for the future. I think the Tomlin era got off to a very good start, all things considered. I think once we get everybody healthy and address some key positions in the draft and FA, we have an even better shot at making a run at our 6th Lombardi Trophy next season.

P.S. While I hate the Faguars even more my now, my hatred of the Patsy-boys is even more intense. I actually hope J'ville pulls off the upset...and then gets their azzes handed to them by Indy. :bluelol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh boo ****ing hoo. It's a message board where varying opinions are all over the place. I think your attitude sucks, so I'm gonna tell you so, if you don't like it, block me, or.

I'm not clair****ingvoyent, how can I tell if I'm going to like your post before I read it? I have an idea everyone! Let's all have the exact same opinion as TampaSteelerGirl, that way she won't get butt hurt when someone disagree's with her....sniffle sniffle.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

:nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

floodcitygirl
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I think everyone should just agree with me about everything. :banana2: :grouphug:

P4E*
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Agreed.

the steelers should be playing the pats this week,the jags where lucky to pull that win out.

i think the steelers season has been a success,i can only see them getting better next year

TarheelSteeler
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I just hope next year we can keep Ben from being knocked on his butt. If we want to keep him around for awhile, he will have to get better protection from the o-line. I glad this seasons over because I thought Ben might get hurt.:crutches: