PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Stairwayto7
01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Why do we rarely mirror a player? How come on 4th and 2 nobody had Garrard and only him? We called it here, we knew he would take off running!

Why did we rollout Ben on 3rd down when we could have put the nail in the coffin?

Why is Arians not fired yet?

Have any other WHY?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Why do we rarely mirror a player? How come on 4th and 2 nobody had Garrard and only him? We called it here, we knew he would take off running!

Why did we rollout Ben on 3rd down when we could have put the nail in the coffin?

Have any other WHY?

Nice post Cleve....I agree on all your questions.......

Ibleedblk&gld
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM

Have any other WHY?

yep..here's my WHY

WHY THE **** DID THEY NOT CALL THE HOLD FROM BARNES, ON HARRISON DURING THE GARRARD RUN?!!??!?!?!

Stairwayto7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have any other WHY?

DIESELMAN

Have any other WHY?
One more why

Why was Carter pickin his *** all nite instead of Smith being in there?
Carter showed last week he wasn't up to it, I say the way our D was playin in the 2nd half, Smith would've been back to his old self.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
again....

why didn't they call the hold on barnes against harrison during the garrard run?!

MDSteel15
01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
BINGO BONGO BOINGO.... We have a winner Johnny!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have any other WHY?

Carter had the chance to take down Garrod he just didn't get it done, he had a
terrible angle on it and was totally out of position.

Ben was rolling out to avoid pressure and give the WR's time to get open. He was running for his life all night.

Arians wasn't that bad IMO. There were some times when I wanted to choke him but when you come back from 18 points down you have to give him as much credit as Ben and the rest of the offense.

BB2W
01-05-2008, 11:59 PM
It looked like Farrior was watching the QB... or it was a delayed blitz. It looked to me like he just chose the wrong side. :dunno:

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
It looked like Farrior was wathcing the QB... or it was a delayed blitz. It looked to me like he just chose the wrong side. :dunno:
I seen that but the G or C came out and blew him up

Forged in Steel
01-06-2008, 12:01 AM
This is the 2nd sadest loss in the history of the Steelers! Mike Tomlin deserves to be fired for not taking the 2 extra points and a bunch of other coaches. :evilshake::willybs:

LarryNJ
01-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Ben was rolling out to avoid pressure and give the WR's time to get open. He was running for his life all night.

Arians wasn't that bad IMO. There were some times when I wanted to choke him but when you come back from 18 points down you have to give him as much credit as Ben and the rest of the offense.

He was talking about the 3rd down run. That was a running play all the way. Ben had no intentions of passing.

Arians wasn't that bad...the players need to excecute.

The refs had nothing to do with us losing, the players did....don't be like Seahawk fans.

Ibleedblk&gld
01-06-2008, 12:09 AM
The refs had nothing to do with us losing, the players did....don't be like Seahawk fans.

apparently you missed the biggest missed call of all...

THE HOLD ON HARRISON ON THE GARRARD RUN...am i the only one that saw that?!

Dee Mca
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm kinda thinking maybe Carter was giving up the score hell he was already inside the 10 wasn't he why not let him score? We'd only be down by 6 doubt they would have gone for 2. If they did and we stopped them would only be down by 5. my why thou is. Why is the draft almost 4 months away?

LarryNJ
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
apparently you missed the biggest missed call of all...

THE HOLD ON HARRISON ON THE GARRARD RUN...am i the only one that saw that?!

I didn't see it...I don't doubt you are right but you can call holding on just about every play...my point is that good teams over come bad calls.

steelcityrockers
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Er...no. He was eld all night, and it was quite blatant.

And to the guy who said fire Tomlin. You are an idiot. Bill Cowher lost his first playoff game too. I guess we should cut Ben and Hampton and Troy too? Yeah that makes sense you dumbass.

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I think we got a bogus holding call while Hines went in for the 2 point converstion!!! That was crap! There was at least 2 holding calls that were never called! Makes me mad that we show up the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters. We could have won this game easily, special teams killed us inthe beginning but then made up for it the rest of the game. Last punt by Sep sucked! We needed a huge deep kick and they started on almost the 50 yard line! The 2 really bad thows by Ben for interceptions were a dimise to this team and 2 missed catches from Santonio! The commentators nails when they said this Pittsburgh Steelers team is not the same but I do have to say that I think they did a much better job this game agains the fags then last week. That at least I can be proud of that they came back from such a big deficit. There's always next year. I still like Coach Tomlin and he's now getting emotional. :tt02:

Ibleedblk&gld
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I didn't see it...I don't doubt you are right but you can call holding on just about every play...my point is that good teams over come bad calls.

watch for the replay of that run tomorrow...it's going to be all over ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, etc...watch the hole to the right...had harrison not gotten held, it would have been 4th down and over 45 yr. field goal attempt...good teams overcome bad calls, but NO team, good or bad, would have overcome that...honestly, it was that bad...you can even see harrison drop to the ground and signal to the ref for a flag...

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
i agree cleveland stinks, but it should od never came down 2 that we should of held the ball an made an 1st down the previous drive an we might not b talking about ur question right now, that's why we need an oc that will get us the 1st downs we need when the game is on the line.............

BBG7
01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
watch for the replay of that run tomorrow...it's going to be all over ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, etc...watch the hole to the right...had harrison not gotten held, it would have been 4th down and over 45 yr. field goal attempt...good teams overcome bad calls, but NO team, good or bad, would have overcome that...honestly, it was that bad...you can even see harrison drop to the ground and signal to the ref for a flag...

Hampton was also held on that play and the holding call they called on the two point conversion was also ****. However, we should have kick the extra point after that penalty.

BR7
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm kinda thinking maybe Carter was giving up the score hell he was already inside the 10 wasn't he why not let him score? We'd only be down by 6 doubt they would have gone for 2. If they did and we stopped them would only be down by 5. my why thou is. Why is the draft almost 4 months away?

That's what I figured he was doing.. Carter was going to let him score. No way a professional football player would NOT attack the runner. He was a deer in headlights. He should have let him score. We get the ball back with 1:40+ and all three timeouts. Worst case scenario we need a TD to tie.

My why is the call on 3rd and 6. BA was so/so all game so I can't give the entire hate towards him for the whole game. But that was a give up call (Cower-ish). Plain and simple. We were dinking and dunking all game when we needed too, and I figured a Heath or Hines slant for a first down woulda ended the Jags season. A QB sweep? lol. I don't get it. Wrong call at the worst time. Why??

steelcurtain09
01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
my why is why was a holding called on the two point conversion? there was clearly no hold and without it Hines is in for the score.

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
my why is why was a holding called on the two point conversion? there was clearly no hold and without it Hines is in for the score.

Me too!! It was crap! :cursin:

SteelerNut
01-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Tomlin is an idiot and we are headed on our way down. The Cleveland Browns will end up dominating this division for years to come. Awe.......................................... I FEEL LIKE KILLING MYSELF!!!!!!!

Stairwayto7
01-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Tomlin is an idiot and we are headed on our way down. The Cleveland Browns will end up dominating this division for years to come. Awe.......................................... I FEEL LIKE KILLING MYSELF!!!!!!!

Please do!

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Yea I hope you're being a smart *** because what you're saying is just plain garbage. It's not the end of the world Geez!!! We all knew it was going to end, we can at least end this season with our dignity. :tt02:

Tomlin is going to be a great coach, for God sake it's only his first year to come in and go as far as they did. I"m proud of him and i'm sure he'll be successful!

yinzer
01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Carter had the chance to take down Garrod he just didn't get it done, he had a
terrible angle on it and was totally out of position.

if you're talking about the play on 3rd down, that was NOT a pass play that went awry. it was a qb keeper/draw. whatever it was, it was a dumb *** play.

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 09:29 AM

When Ty got juked he was one the 30 something yard line.

Why wasn't Smith in there...yeah they kid got burned last time we play Jax, but lets be serious, he is a playmaker.

JensK
01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
my why oh why is... Why can't this steeler team, who is supposed to be the best in the league make a tackle? I never really got the counting going, but i bet that over 70% of the plays Jaguars made, we missed the first tackle or two... Yes, we did indeed get screwed by the refs yesterday, but we had a lot of chances to get the job done before that.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
WHY ....can't our ST cover a whole game?

WHY .... did Ben chose now to have a bad game?

WHY...is the officiating so bad in the league? I ain't blaming them for the loss, i won't lower myself to that level.

WHY...isn't anybody mentioning the gift from the officials on the holding call... it could just as easily went against Hines for him being in the jags facemask?

Why... is steelernut pretending to be a STEELER fan? and if he is let me be the first to show him to the back of the bandwagon so he can jump back off !!

Stairwayto7
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Why? Do we have the injury bug soooooooooo bad this season! Ryan Clark,Rossum , Aaron Smith, all our OT.