PDA

View Full Version : We went down fighting & I'm proud to be a Steeler fan

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Well we went down fighting...we never gave up even down by 18 points in the 2nd half. We kept fighting and fighting even in the face of total destruction. I give this team credit for coming back.

The QB scramble by Garrod was the dagger; Carter had a **** poor angle on him and that was that.

Regardless I wear my pride on my shirt sleeve and I'll go down a Steeler fan ever time, win lose or draw. This is a game that we can atleast say we fought through and gave it everything we had but it was just too much to overcome.

MDSteel15
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
:plus1: Ditto

BB2W
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
It was a nice comeback... I thought they were done early. I thank them for the effort and at least we ended with some excitement.

They beat us and we really need a good draft.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
It doesn't make it any easier though, I tell ya I'm completely worn out and totally heartbroken right now. All the bad plays, the int's, the missed penalties, all of that and this team still battled back with the heart of a champion. We didn't win, it's a tough pill to swallow, but we never gave up.

StlersGuy
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I love my Steelers win or lose

Silverback 92
01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh Well Tomlins first year... A lesson learned

Forged in Steel
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
F*** this...:evilshake::cursin::willybs:

DIESELMAN
01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
HERE WE GO!!!!!

I'm always proud to be a part of the Steeler Nation!!!!!
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

LarryNJ
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
The first half was an embarrassment...the second half was exciting. Even if Ben threw another 3 ints in the 2nd half I'd still be proud. There's a lot of needs that need to be addressed in the off season. I have faith in Tomlin and the management that they will do what's needed to improve the team.

In the mean time Go Jags, Go chargers in the AFC...Go Packers in the NFC!

Stairwayto7
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
I am beat! This game was emotional! Up and down ride! Props to Ben for coming back with a great second hallf!

Preacher
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
After all is said and done...

I am excited about the future of this team...

Dang. Woodley played well. Our D steped up.

I hate the conservative calls at the end... but hey... hopefully we will learn.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Tomlin just said " the Steeler Nation is something else, they are the best"

the 12th man was huge tonight, the fans came though big time for the team even in the wake of so much adversity.

yinzer
01-06-2008, 12:01 AM
this is ridiculous! everyone seems just fine with this loss because tomlin is in his first year. don't be stupid. the play calling was horrendous once again. the play that lost it for us was the 3rd down when dumb *** arians called a qb draw with ben!!! we had that game won people!!!! all we needed was our offensive coordinator to actually do his job for friggin once this season and he couldn't produce in the playoffs! arians should be hanged and if you don't think so then you can bite me! this is a friggin travesty! all of you saying, "it's ok. it's only tomlin's first year" can get a clue! tomlin didn't lose this game nor did ben! play calling did... as usual! the three picks were irrelevant at the end but the stupid *** play calling lost it for us! maybe next season some real, true pittsburghers will be on this site and then we can talk. for now, all of you bandwagoners who say "it was a good season considering" can go watch david beckham play soccer. SICKENING!!!!

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
lamarr woodley is going 2 fit n nice he's an beast i hope timmons catches up 2 the defense soon, i know this sounds crazy but i'm glad we lost we need 2 find an quality o-line coach an a quality special teams coach............i am hype about our future we will b an strong, better team next year watch an c, now we can begin rebuilding our o-line an special teams,scouting who were gonna draft etc......................i wouldn't mind switching 2 mike tomlin d either we need 2 get everyone healthy also we will b fine steeler nation.......................hang n there.................

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
The 3 INT's lead to an 18 point lead...if Ben doesn't throw those we are not down and having to rally at the end.

You can't put this all on Arians bro...for the bad calls he made you have to give him credit for the 18 point comeback too. Trust me I wanted to choke Bruce tonight on some of those red zone calls but at the same time we did make a big comeback and put ourselves in a position to win it.

yinzer
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
The 3 INT's lead to an 18 point lead...if Ben doesn't throw those we are not down and having to rally at the end.

You can't put this all on Arians bro...for the bad calls he made you have to give him credit for the 18 point comeback too. Trust me I wanted to choke Bruce tonight on some of those red zone calls but at the same time we did make a big comeback and put ourselves in a position to win it.

and i'll remind everyone once again... the play that lost it was the stupid *** qb draw that ARIAN'S called!!! whatever everyone's opinions are, nobody should be "ok" with this loss!!!!!!!!!!! i can't take the fake optimism anymore!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 12:13 AM
this is ridiculous! everyone seems just fine with this loss because tomlin is in his first year. don't be stupid. the play calling was horrendous once again. the play that lost it for us was the 3rd down when dumb *** arians called a qb draw with ben!!! we had that game won people!!!! all we needed was our offensive coordinator to actually do his job for friggin once this season and he couldn't produce in the playoffs! arians should be hanged and if you don't think so then you can bite me! this is a friggin travesty! all of you saying, "it's ok. it's only tomlin's first year" can get a clue! tomlin didn't lose this game nor did ben! play calling did... as usual! the three picks were irrelevant at the end but the stupid *** play calling lost it for us! maybe next season some real, true pittsburghers will be on this site and then we can talk. for now, all of you bandwagoners who say "it was a good season considering" can go watch david beckham play soccer. SICKENING!!!!

Ok.....Just go get hit by a truck....please.....I'm not fine with any ****ing loss you dolt.......But to blame the play calling for the loss is just stupid....lol Yes I agree the Steelers should have went for the win and threw the ball on that 3rd down play to put the nail in the Jag's coffin.....But Ben's 3 picks and the special teams allowing a big return were as much to blame......Maybe you watched a different game.....

To call fans bandwagoners since they're not ripping the team apart is also retarded....lol Man we lost get over it....I knew this team wasn't going to go far in the play-offs months ago...Mainly after the Broncos loss....

I'm not happy at all with the teams performance and the loss.....I thought the team showed great effort and heart in coming back....But whining like a school girl isn't going to change the out come of the game....lol Plus calling out the other members of the Steelers Nation and calling them band wagon jumpers isn't going to change the out come either...

The now has to focus on the problems of this current team and try to improve the team in the off-season.....This team needs a kick *** draft and would be nice if the team actually was alittle active in the free agent market...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 12:16 AM
There is no 1 play that lost this game for us, there were many. The INT's, the return for a TD, the scramble at the end, there were many but you cannot in any way lay this all on Arians. We shouldn't have put ourselves in a position by making so many bad plays.

Bruce did make some bad calls in this game I will give you that but he didn't throw 3 int's, cover kicks, or miss a tackle inside 2 minutes.

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 12:20 AM
It doesn't make it any easier though, I tell ya I'm completely worn out and totally heartbroken right now. All the bad plays, the int's, the missed penalties, all of that and this team still battled back with the heart of a champion. We didn't win, it's a tough pill to swallow, but we never gave up.

I agree! It was a heartbreatker but i'm proud of how hard we fought and played. We showed that Jacksonville isn't the invincible team everyone thinks they are and they will get killed by the Pats! Can't wait for next year! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm sick to my stomach about this game, but I am proud that the Steelers gave Jacksonville all they could handle. They should not be ashamed of themselves. A couple keys held them away, but they did not go down without a fight. I hope Tomlin uses this as a motivational tool in 2008. Who knows? Maybe we'll be talked about as a potential super bowl championship contender in 2008.

For now though, props to Tomlin on a good 07.

BBG7
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
I agree! It was a heartbreatker but i'm proud of how hard we fought and played. We showed that Jacksonville isn't the invincible team everyone thinks they are and they will get killed by the Pats! Can't wait for next year! :tt02:

I actually will be rooting for them to beat NE....

SteelersWoman
01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
this is ridiculous! ...maybe next season some real, true pittsburghers will be on this site and then we can talk. for now, all of you bandwagoners who say "it was a good season considering" .... SICKENING!!!!

Then we'll all go beat our heads against a wall until next season (or throw ourselves under the next bus running)--THAT'LL make everything so much better :yellowthumb:

and i'll remind everyone once again... the play that lost it was the stupid *** qb draw that ARIAN'S called!!! whatever everyone's opinions are, nobody should be "ok" with this loss!!!!!!!!!!! i can't take the fake optimism anymore!

We're ALL sick that we didn't win this game (and the at least 4 other losses we had that we shouldn't have had), but you acting like you're the only one who's a true fan doesn't change a thing that happened, and it sure as heck doesn't change the fact that most of us are as loyal a Steelers fan as they come.

If the majority of us choose to deal with this let down with optimism about what WAS accomplished (instead of what WASN'T), then we have that right, and I doubt that anyone here will be losing any sleep tonight because YOU think we're "stupid".

SteelerFan87
01-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Obviously none of us are happy or satisfied, but I agree with TG, you have to be proud of the way this team battled back. The sheer determination on Hines's face was awesome. He wasn't smiling. I've never seen him on a football field without a smile on his face. But he went beyond that to a whole different level tonight. The smile was replaced by a look of sheer "**** this, we ARE NOT going to lose this game!" determination.

The way the offense battled back and let loose on the Jags D was great. The way the defense was pumped, and was swarming around the ball, getting big hits and even a couple INTs was great. I loved Davis crushing that guy, or Farrior with his big hit, or Woodley and Silverback blowing past holds out of sheer force of will to get to Garrard no matter what.

We definitely did show the heart of a champion tonight in the 2nd half. We need to retool, work on our consistency and eliminating the stupid mistakes that got us into that hole, and come out with that 2nd half intensity for 60 minutes every week next year.

introyitrust
01-06-2008, 03:34 AM
this was a great comeback effort by our team. I had a feeling that after Jones-Drew's big kickoff return that this wouldn't be our day but they battled back. I am always proud (and glad) to be a Steelers fan and today is no different. It just sucks that our season is over and the next thing to look forward to is the Draft.

BBG7
01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Then we'll all go beat our heads against a wall until next season (or throw ourselves under the next bus running)--THAT'LL make everything so much better :yellowthumb:

We're ALL sick that we didn't win this game (and the at least 4 other losses we had that we shouldn't have had), but you acting like you're the only one who's a true fan doesn't change a thing that happened, and it sure as heck doesn't change the fact that most of us are as loyal a Steelers fan as they come.

If the majority of us choose to deal with this let down with optimism about what WAS accomplished (instead of what WASN'T), then we have that right, and I doubt that anyone here will be losing any sleep tonight because YOU think we're "stupid".

well said girl!