PDA

View Full Version : Tonights officials all need FIRED !

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 10:41 PM
This had to be the absolutely worse game of officiating I think I have ever seen in playoff game. There were so many missed calls tonight I can't even count that high !!

-Silverback was being held literally on almost every single play
-The kickoff return for a TD had no less than 4 holds on it
-Woodley was getting held every time he came into the game
-Ben got horse collared in the 3rd quarter and it wasn't called

the list goes on and on...

You can't rely on officials to win a game for you but damn atleast make the obvious calls !!

MDSteel15
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
You missed the push in the back on the KO return.... :cursin:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Nice invisable hold call against Mahan! Even the announcers said there wasn't one!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah I was cursing him out till I saw he didn't hold...damn refs, this all star crew **** is ridiculous..these guys couldn't call a shoplift from a 1 legged midget in a preschool toy store !!

MDSteel15
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
:hilarious: :lol: :cabbagepatch: :bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2008, 11:26 PM
OMG where is the holding calls against woodley and harrison !!! this last drive they are everywhere

DIESELMAN
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Silverback gets held at lest 10 times every game....I'm hoping Tomlin points that out with tape in hand to prove it when the competition committee meets.

Steelersfan
01-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Agree on the Mahan holding call. But the one that sticks out the most to me is the no catch call (and review). That was clearly a catch, period.

Stairwayto7
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
How about the late hut on Ward out of bounds?

I agree these refs should be ashamed

BB2W
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I can't be mad at the refs except for the fact that Harrison gets held all the time, but that has been happening all year. I think I posted a thread about it early in the season.

:edit: The hit on Ward out of bounds early was BS... but Ward kinda flopped like in the NBA.

LeXX75
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
the hold on Mahan ..flat out sucked...changed the whole game around..the last drive we should have a 4 point lead..instead of 1 ..horrible call...this group should never be allowed to work a playoff game again...Plus the fact Ben sucked the 1st half....but it was still our game....until the refs had to stink it up...gonna be a long cold winter

steelcityrockers
01-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Refs and Arians should go...somewhere not near Pittsburgh.

black an gold 4 life
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
yea the refs suck but the game should never come down 2 the refs, we didn't do what we should've done our franchise qb threw 3 int's n the 1st halve:cursin:.................

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
The obscene amount of missed calls is just something the NFL needs to look at it. The players leave it all on the field, and yet the officials miss call after call after call.

You can't let the refs win or lose a game for you but at the same time you can't have them doing so poorly either in the postseason when it's do or die.

BBG7
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Hell they missed the easy ones like a few clear false starts on Jax...they
even called us offsides on one of those.
I dont' even want to get started on these guys...however, we shouldn't put ourselves in the situations that made their bogus calls and no calls have such an impact on the game.

SteelerFan87
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Anybody else see those guys from the Jagoffs kicking Ben when he was on the ground? WTF is that?? Where's the unsportsmanlike conduct?

And yeah, there was a TON of holding that wasn't called. Silverback was getting held on almost every play. And the holding call on Mahan! WTF WAS THAT??? Took away 2 points. What bullshit. And then when Silverback took the ball from Garrard and ran it in for the TD, that SHOULD have been a fumble. Garrard wasn't down. Woodley had him in his arms, and Silverback came in and stripped the ball. Should have been another 7 points.

BlackGold4vr
01-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Congratulations to the Jaguars and good luck in Foxboro! We were beaten by a team that capitalized on our mistakes. Thats what good teams are supposed to do. They are the more physical team and it pains me to say that. I think its safe to assume that teams would have rather played us because of that.

Lots of things to talk about in the coming months about how we reload and reshape this team. There will be lots of changes. Some we will agree with and some we won't. It would be nice if the Steelers broke the mold of strictly building through the draft and actually imported some veteran talent. And I am not talking about bargain basement talent but some of the best free agents available. The NFL is and always will be a league that emulates whatever the latest trend is of the successful franchises. The things that New England did in this last offseason were brilliant. That coming off a season where they finished near the top and were near the bottom of the draft order. How are they structuring their players contracts that they were able to pick off a lions share of the best free agents available? They are the team of this decade and they are pushing all the right buttons. The success of the Patriots didn't start this year with the first snap of the ball, it started back in the front office where they pulled in all the best talent available. And in all the moves they made they still were on tap to make two picks in the first round this year if the "filmgate" didn't happen. How can a team who raped the league of its most talented free agents last year still come out with two first round picks in the next years draft? Their front office is brilliant and all those who don't watch and learn will continue to be spectators in watching them reload the dynasty again. I hate the success they are having but I admire their business management of the system. Who is more agressive than the Patriots in going after the players that they want? We have a lot of work to do to bring our team up to their level!

TampaSteelGirl
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
DICKS!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Anybody else see those guys from the Jagoffs kicking Ben when he was on the ground? WTF is that?? Where's the unsportsmanlike conduct?

And yeah, there was a TON of holding that wasn't called. Silverback was getting held on almost every play. And the holding call on Mahan! WTF WAS THAT??? Took away 2 points. What bullshiat. And then when Silverback took the ball from Garrard and ran it in for the TD, that SHOULD have been a fumble. Garrard wasn't down. Woodley had him in his arms, and Silverback came in and stripped the ball. Should have been another 7 points.

http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/38995/2003074875709588850_rs.jpg

I think it was ohio steeler that posted this up in the game day thread.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Can't blame the refs for the loss....Ben threw a pick six...Plus two other INTs.......The special teams allowed a big return that led to the Jags first TD.......Then the defense totally gave the Jags the game by letting Garrard run free on that 4th and 2 play....

But Holme's catch in the first half that was over turned and Mahan's phantom hold on the 2pt conversion were two of the worst calls I haver ever seen...Can't bitch about holding since you can call holding on every play really....

We knocked the Seahawks fans for whining...So lets not do the same Steeler Nation...We're better then that...

BR7
01-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Can't blame the refs for the loss....Ben threw a pick six...Plus two other INTs.......The special teams allowed a big return that led to the Jags first TD.......Then the defense totally gave the Jags the game by letting Garrard run free on that 4th and 2 play....

But Holme's catch in the first half that was over turned and Mahan's phantom hold on the 2pt conversion were two of the worst calls I haver ever seen...Can't bitch about holding since you can call holding on every play really....

We knocked the Seahawks fans for whining...So lets not do the same Steeler Nation...We're better then that...

Agreed.

I can't blame the refs for any of this. What pisses me off every time I see it is Bens second pick throwing to a double covered RB when Holmes is wide ****ing open 9 yards infront of him.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Agreed.

I can't blame the refs for any of this. What pisses me off every time I see it is Bens second pick throwing to a double covered RB when Holmes is wide ****ing open 9 yards infront of him.

That pisses me off and the one time Ben took a sack when he had both Holmes and Washington both running freely and deep down field...Ben had the time to just throw the ball and let his WRs run and go get the pigskin.....Ben was off tonight but hey he had a great year and I think 2008 he will be even better......Especially with a better OL...

BBG7
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Especially with a better OL...
hopefully:crossfingers:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2008, 01:14 AM
hopefully:crossfingers:

I tell you now if the team neglects the OL in the draft....I will be very upset....:lol: Noway Ben can take another beating like has these past two seasons....True he is to blame for some of the sacks...But a blind man can see this current OL just well blows...lol

A left tackle and a new center would great.....Draft a LT then move Smith back to RT were he belongs....Move Willie Colon to OG which he will be a beast....Draft a center since Mahan well just sucks at center...lol Let Simmons, Mahan, Kemoeatu, Essex compete for the other OG spot...

SteelerFan87
01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Congratulations to the Jaguars and good luck in Foxboro! We were beaten by a team that capitalized on our mistakes. Thats what good teams are supposed to do. They are the more physical team and it pains me to say that. I think its safe to assume that teams would have rather played us because of that.

I have to disagree on that. Our D made some good adjustments, and we played much more physical than the 1st game, and after all those yards they got against us, Taylor had, what, 50 yards in this game? MJD had like 20? And there were some HUGE hits our guys put on their guys. Carey Davis crushed that returner, Farrior blew up Taylor, Hines and Heath were running people over, just to name a few examples.

I do agree with what you said about the offseason though. We need to accept the fact that if we want to be the best, we have to make offseason moves to keep up with or get an advantage on the best. Other teams do it. Everywhere you look, in any sport, you see the top teams making moves to improve their teams, and then their rivals make a move in response, and so on. I'm not saying get in a bidding war, but we have to look around the league and see what the top teams are doing, and makes moves to counter them.

Koopa
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM
can't blame the refs for this lose, no pick six and we win......our fault we lost

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
If Ben doesn't throw even 1 of those INT's we aren't even worried about this because we win the game..he just picked the worst time of the year to have a terrible 2nd quarter. Even through all of that he battled back and we wouldn't have taken the lead without him. He is our franchise QB, he's still got a lot to work on and improve on, he nearly pulled off the miracle comeback but in the end the early mistakes were too much to overcome.

Our Defense adjusted nicely in the 2nd half, they were ruthless and relentless in the 2nd half..right up until they blow contain in the last minutes. They came to play tonight and except for the long TD catch/run by Drew they played pretty darn good.

TEEMONT
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM
can't blame the refs for this lose, no pick six and we win......our fault we lost

no 94 yard kick off return and we win....fun game though.

Koopa
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
no 94 yard kick off return and we win....fun game though.

oh yeah forgot about that........but yeah it was a good game, but i'd rather get blown out then lose in the final 2 mins cause they forget garrad wasn't leftwhich and can actually run.....

AZ_Steeler
01-06-2008, 02:30 AM
two big calls that I saw that were definitely game changers... go back and watch Gerrad on that 4th down run, #74 for the Jags completely turns a Steeler around and throws them on their back... should have been a hold and 4 and 12 instead of 1st and 10 on the 12! :cursin:

2nd call... I'm sorry but Holmes caught that ball! I'm not sure if the ref was looking at the right video or what but Holmes maintained possession of that ball all the way through...

These refs had their heads so far up their asses it's hard to believe the Steelers even got any calls!

introyitrust
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
I will never blame the officials for a loss. But there were some VERY bad calls in this game that affected the final outcome. With that said, great teams overcome bad calls and we didn't tonight.

SteelerNut
01-06-2008, 05:12 AM
the officals like a lil sissy cry baby. Big Gay Ben sucks and Tomlin is an idiot. The Steelers are on their way down, while the Browns are on their way up! We're doomed for years to come!

SteelersWoman
01-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Congratulations to the Jaguars and good luck in Foxboro! We were beaten by a team that capitalized on our mistakes. Thats what good teams are supposed to do...I think its safe to assume that teams would have rather played us because of that....

... We have a lot of work to do to bring our team up to their level!

Excellent post :clap:

I think the reason teams would've rather played us is that we're too "Dr Jeckyl, Mr Hyde". We were really only VIOLENT (to quote Mike :yesnod: ) for about 1-2 quarters per game most games--and sometimes not even for a whole quarter. Against weaker teams, that was ok--but that won't work against strong teams--which is usually the one that are in the playoffs :bluelol:

I agree--restructure some contracts, and bring in PROVEN talent at some key positions, that seems to work :yellowthumb:

Anybody else see those guys from the Jagoffs kicking Ben when he was on the ground?...

I didn't, and I'm glad-- I can't stand seeing one of our guys deliberately being hurt! :evilshake:

I will never blame the officials for a loss. But there were some VERY bad calls in this game that affected the final outcome. With that said, great teams overcome bad calls and we didn't tonight.

Agree wholeheartedly with all 3 of those posts. We can only blame our own guys for this loss--way too many mistakes: whiffed tackles, missed blocks, not holding guys off long enough for Ben, our backs, and returners, interceptions, some bad play calling, allowed too many conversions, and the list could go on.

Yep, the refs messed up several times, but not nearly as many times as our guys did. Had they played better, those calls wouldn't have mattered--same as we said about the Seahawks when they played us in the SB.

I tell you now if the team neglects the OL in the draft....I will be very upset.......

I was surprised to see that Trai did about as well as Marvel and Max. Kind of sad when a 3rd stringer does as well as your starter--I think that says something about how much that needs fixed! Now if Marvel played that position GREAT, that would also say something if you can plug a 3rd stringer in and he does as well...but that's not the case here.

Agreed--O-Line fixing should be job number 1!

...we played much more physical than the 1st game, and after all those yards they got against us, Taylor had, what, 50 yards in this game? MJD had like 20? And there were some HUGE hits our guys put on their guys. Carey Davis crushed that returner, Farrior blew up Taylor, Hines and Heath were running people over, just to name a few examples.

D played a lot better, just not good enough for a long enough period of time :(

...i'd rather get blown out then lose in the final 2 mins cause they forget garrad wasn't leftwhich and can actually run.....

Now had that happened, we'd all still have fingernails left, and what fun would THAT be? :lol:

The blow out games are too vanilla for my taste--I'd rather it be the way it was tonight (other than I'd rather US be on the winning end of course! :greengrin:)

Detox
01-06-2008, 05:52 AM
the officals like a lil sissy cry baby. Big Gay Ben sucks and Tomlin is an idiot. The Steelers are on their way down, while the Browns are on their way up! We're doomed for years to come!

Speaking of the mature posts.... oh wait... that wasn't one of them.

SteelersWoman
01-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Speaking of the mature posts.... oh wait... that wasn't one of them.

Took the words right outta my mouth :lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM

:troll2::troll1:

Tomlin an idiot? Ben gay?? supposedly your a STEELER nut, bout the only thing I see is a nut, cause with statements like those you sure ain't a Steeler fan.

I ain't blaming the loss on the officials but if you don't agree that the game was terribly called then you ain't even a football fan. :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Steelernut is a Browns fan, it's pretty obvious from his pointless drivel he's been slinging on here.

Nobody is blaming the officials for this loss, me included. Look at the poll on the homepage and you can see where people feel we lost the game..but the point is that you can't rely on the officials to win games for you but you should be able to count on them to make the right call when it's so blatantly obvious that my 12 yd old daughter sees it and she doesn't even know what Holding is !!

Stlrs4Life
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I was wondering the entire game on how little holding was being called.

DIESELMAN
01-06-2008, 05:45 PM

:plus1: We came back despite all the bad calls. But just like in the regular season, we didn't play a 100% complete game.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08007/847253-66.stm

Steelers Notebook:

Monday, January 07, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penalties were kept to a relative few Saturday night, but apparently that's what bothered some Steelers the most -- too few penalties.

The Jaguars had six penalties for 40 yards and the Steelers five for 50.

Linebacker Larry Foote intimated that a huge hole in the Steelers' defense that quarterback David Garrard ran through for 32 yards on fourth down to set up Jacksonville's winning field goal came about for reasons other than good blocking.

Foote complained to officials on the field and it was the only topic he broached briefly in the locker room before leaving.

"You'll see a big old hole open up, and you'll see the reason why. That's all I've got to say. Thank you."

Steelers linebackers were upset by what they felt were non-calls, particularly holding by the Jaguars.

"I'm the wrong person to interview," Clark Haggans said. "You might want to interview the referees. Plain and simple, that's it. I don't have anything else to say besides that."

Said James Harrison, "I have nothing to say about that. I ain't got no fine money to give away for talking about them blind refs, so I got nothing to say."

DIESELMAN
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Said James Harrison, "I have nothing to say about that. I ain't got no fine money to give away for talking about them blind refs, so I got nothing to say."
:lol: and thats the way you get around gettin fined, I love it!! Silverback for President!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08007/847253-66.stm

I call bullocks on this right now....Foote, Haggans and Harrison sound like Mike Holmgren after the Seahawks lost Super Bowl XL....Granted I agree there were some iffy calls....But that didn't determine the out come of the game....I just don't want to sound like the Seahawks or Seattle......Ben three picks and Arians gutless play calling were the main reasons....Plus spotty special teams play again...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2008, 01:15 AM
I just think they were pissed off like we were at all the missed calls and just let the words fly with the media right in there faces pressing them to talk right after the game when emotions were still high. They know you can't rely on officials to win games but still it is what it is I guess.

floodcitygirl
01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
They have a right to be po'd. Some of that play calling did suck. It's not the reason we lost, but it did hurt us.

DIESELMAN
01-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I call bullocks on this right now....Foote, Haggans and Harrison sound like Mike Holmgren after the Seahawks lost Super Bowl XL....Granted I agree there were some iffy calls....
yeah but they're not actually crying like the Seahawks and Holmgren were doin for weeks and months. They're frustrated, hell who wouldn't be when your out there bustin your *** and your clearly being held all day.

Koopa
01-07-2008, 01:32 AM
I call bullocks on this right now....Foote, Haggans and Harrison sound like Mike Holmgren after the Seahawks lost Super Bowl XL....Granted I agree there were some iffy calls....But that didn't determine the out come of the game....I just don't want to sound like the Seahawks or Seattle......Ben three picks and Arians gutless play calling were the main reasons....Plus spotty special teams play again...

exactly, ****ing whining, there was plenty of chances to win the game, just like the seahawks had chances, we just ****ing didn't make plays when they needed to be done just like the seahawks......there can't be no double standards here

Black@Gold Forever32
01-07-2008, 01:35 AM
yeah but they're not actually crying like the Seahawks and Holmgren were doin for weeks and months. They're frustrated, hell who wouldn't be when your out there bustin your *** and your clearly being held all day.

you can call holding on almost every play in the NFL really...You just have to suck it up.....The city of Pittsburgh and this football team are better then this...lol No whining and lets just take it like men and prepare for 2008.....Trust me I know Harrison was held all night...There was one time the Jags Oline was clearly holding and pulling on Harrison's jersey in his pursuit to the QB during one play that wasn't called...But still you have to suck it up and play....Really I think the should let the D players use the head slap like Deacon Jones use to do...That make those big OLmen to think twice about holding all game....:lol:

DIESELMAN
01-07-2008, 01:39 AM
you can call holding on almost every play in the NFL really...You just have to suck it up.....The city of Pittsburgh and this football team are better then this...lol No whining and lets just take it like men and prepare for 2008.....Trust me I know Harrison was held all night...There was one time the Jags Oline was clearly holding and pulling on Harrison's jersey in his pursuit to the QB during one play that wasn't called...But still you have to suck it up and play....Really I think the should let the D players use the head slap like Deacon Jones use to do...That make those big OLmen to think twice about holding all game....:lol:
Your right bro, all I'm sayin, especially with Harrison being held all season, its got to be frustrating. I agree, bring back the headslap.:greengrin: