PDA

View Full Version : WHERE'S THE PASSION FOR THE GAME????

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I was watching this Jack Lambert video that my friend had sent me and I believe it was posted here on this site before. You'll have to cut and paste I'm unable to open the link at work.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=816258920

I was so pumped up when I saw this video and I thought to myself. Where is the passion for this game????? NO ONE on this team looks like this man..no one on this team feels the passion that Jack Lambert felt. Where did it go???? The last time i've seen passion from a player was from Jerome Bettis.
They all look like a bunch of primadonnas out there now. Everyone was scared of Jack...no one is afraid of us now! So I ask myself..where did the passion go??? The team of 2005 did have alot of guts and glory and I'm just not seeing it here, where did it go? I want to see the fire and passion for football that our Steelers once had and how do we get it back?
Just had to vent about this..sorry! :greengrin:

memphissteelergirl
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey, TSG...no apologies needed. In fact, I tend to agree with you. The Steelers' "swagger" really has been MIA for several weeks now (well it made a brief appearance in St. Louis...lol).

But keep the faith, girl. I think it will be back tomorrow night. Hopefully, the sting of getting beat by this same team in our house is still there and our guys will be mad enough to see that it does not happen again.

:tt02::tt02:

steel-tex
01-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the video link, man that brought back memories. you are so right, there is knowone on this team that has the fire jack had on the field. he was our enforcer for sure. he too is my all time favorite player - no doubt. he took over games and turned them around with his stepped up play, like one notch above the rest. he was something special on the field, we don't have that on our team now. i miss the 70s, this team had somthing about them. G.N.

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the video link, man that brought back memories. you are so right, there is knowone on this team that has the fire jack had on the field. he was our enforcer for sure. he too is my all time favorite player - no doubt. he took over games and turned them around with his stepped up play, like one notch above the rest. he was something special on the field, we don't have that on our team now. i miss the 70s, this team had somthing about them. G.N.

Oh yea! That man was impressive! I just don't see that in our Defense right now. I use to see it in Foote and Farrior but I just don't see that now. I saw it most time in Joey Porter, people I think feared him. I'd like to see that fire in them again. :tt02:

steel-tex
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
porter had his moments but i don't think he is feared as jack was. i think most teams would have loved to had him on there defence. more than once i watched our o-line stand around while ben got the crap beat out of him. he will be all tangled up with d linemen and o line won't even try to get them off him . they stand there and watch.

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
porter had his moments but i don't think he is feared as jack was. i think most teams would have loved to had him on there defence. more than once i watched our o-line stand around while ben got the crap beat out of him. he will be all tangled up with d linemen and o line won't even try to get them off him . they stand there and watch.

Exactly!!!!:clap:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
...Definatey not seeing that kind of passion from this years team, Which as a fan is the hardest part of this year to deal with.This team has the potential to be a dominate force, but with the current mindset that seems to have overtaken this team i don't see a quick fix insight.I'm soooo hoping that somehow they show up tomorrow night and prove us wrong.I would love nothing more then for that D to come out and punish the Jaguars like Bmore on MNF.I can't remember being so frustrated with a 10-6 playoff bound Steeler team.? I guess it's just hard watching a team you know is capable of so much more coming out flat all the time. I'm in a catch 22, I won't be surprised if we win tomorrow night because i know were capable and i won't be surprised if we lose again because i know thats how we've been playing.
:helmet::helmet: Please Prove Me Wrong Guys!!!!!!! :helmet::helmet:

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Well said. We all know they have team wrecking potential and I don't know why we aren't seeing it! Seems they are all mouth and no heart. I miss our dominating Steelers. They seriously need to watch films of the old 70's Steelers and get some motivation!! :tt02:

steel-tex
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
the vikings had 16 yards rushing in the first superbowl that is a defence. we lost smith and they run all over us ??? on d are we one player away from being good against the run ??? in the 70s most of our second string could start anywhere else.

floodcitygirl
01-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't know.....of course as a Steelers fan you enjoy watching that old film footage. The skill and passion is exciting. The thing is though, some of the stuff that many love the most would draw nothing but penalties for our players with the way the game is played today.

Although history can be inspirational, they may do better to watch some footage from 2005. It took some skill and grit (and luck) to start out the 6th seed and win that SB. There have been flashes of great play this year as well....just not consistancy. Watching the footage of what this team was able to pull together and do as well as how they got spanked this season may serve them better to get fired up for this game.

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't know.....of course as a Steelers fan you enjoy watching that old film footage. The skill and passion is exciting. The thing is though, some of the stuff that many love the most would draw nothing but penalties for our players with the way the game is played today.

Although history can be inspirational, they may do better to watch some footage from 2005. It took some skill and grit (and luck) to start out the 6th seed and win that SB. There have been flashes of great play this year as well....just not consistancy. Watching the footage of what this team was able to pull together and do as well as how they got spanked this season may serve them better to get fired up for this game.

That's actually very true about the penalties. I never thought about that. Jack taunted alot of his opponents so yea that would be bad. :greengrin:

I agree about looking back at SB 2005, they need to see the guts of that Steeler team. They could make it thru anything. We need that back and in a hurry! :tt02:

K Train
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
lack of passion? get the **** out of here, thats got nothing to do with it, its lack of execution....look at the bengals for lack of passion

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
lack of passion? get the **** out of here, thats got nothing to do with it, its lack of execution....look at the bengals for lack of passion

It most certainly does!! Passion to play the game has everything to do with it! If there is no passion in wanting to play football then why play? Bengals are nothing like the Steelers and never have been. Please give me a break when you talk that trash! When you lose the passion to play this game it's time to get out! :markit:

black an gold 4 life
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
PASSION COMES WHEN U EXECUTE.....................IF UR NOT EXECUTING U HAVE NO PASSION........................

TampaSteelGirl
01-04-2008, 03:11 PM
PASSION COMES WHEN U EXECUTE.....................IF UR NOT EXECUTING U HAVE NO PASSION........................

You have to have a passion for the game before you can execute the game. You have to want to play, you have to love the game and have a passion for it before you can execute what you love.

Brady Quinn
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
The NFL has changed. It is about trash talking and some players do that better than they play football.

BlitzburghNation
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Well i hate the trash talking crap,,,,,,,,I love for players to let there play do the talking :bigthumb:
Love the Jack Lambert video :clap:
Polamalu plays the way football suppose to be played "all out,giving it hell on every single play" That's why I love him so much !
I do agree with you TampaSteelGirl,,,,,I've notice our players haven't been
showing that killer instinct ,,,,,,Well they better straighten up this weekend or we'll have a short stay in the post season :crossfingers:

DIESELMAN
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
You have to have a passion for the game before you can execute the game. You have to want to play, you have to love the game and have a passion for it before you can execute what you love.

:plus1: Well said! If you don't have passion and the "want" to do something, then its only going to get done half assed.

yinzer
01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
all that and the man only weighed 180 lbs.

DIESELMAN
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
all that and the man only weighed 180 lbs.

:scratch: Lambert was around 6'4 almost 220 lbs.

stillers4me
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
As banged up as they are.........it's gotta hurt to swagger...............

yinzer
01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
:scratch: Lambert was around 6'4 almost 220 lbs.

oh, i must have been thinking about the stick figured troy polamalu.:lol:

DIESELMAN
01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
oh, i must have been thinking about the stick figured troy polamalu.:lol:
lol there ya go

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I've seen signs of passion on this team at times and then others like against the Ratbirds it seemed as if the team would rather have been anywhere else in the world but on the field. I know this, Tomlin showed more emotion in that last game of the year then he has most of the entire season.