PDA

View Full Version : Pirates say they are set with their starting five

NOVA STEELERS
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Thursday, Jan 3, 2008 2:15 pm EST

The Pittsburgh Pirates' starting rotation, barring an unexpected development, is set for 2008 according to the Pittsbrugh Post-Gazette.

General manager Neal Huntington plans to preserve all of his options regarding possible acquisitions, as per his general policy, but he made clear yesterday that the team's starters for the coming season will be Tom Gorzelanny, Ian Snell, Paul Maholm, Matt Morris and Zach Duke.

"We have not really been in the market for a starting pitcher," Huntington said. "We have been looking to add pitching depth starting option or bullpen help but we like our starting five."

Looks like they could have a respectable season with those arms, but time will tell.......... :crossfingers:

AZ_Steeler
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
What's respectable when it comes tot he Pirates now-a-days? 500? Single digits below 500? They have really been a disappoint for a long time now, so I'm not about to get my hopes up yet!

Forged in Steel
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
What's respectable when it comes tot he Pirates now-a-days? 500? Single digits below 500? They have really been a disappoint for a long time now, so I'm not about to get my hopes up yet!

I agree.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM

Samem here, every year I get too excited, and then they let me down.