PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin gets Steelers mentally ready for Sat.

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=35539@kdka.dayport.com

Tomlin gets Steelers Mentally ready for Saturday.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
This is a great move by Tomlin to have this game playing over and over and over again. What Keisel, Taylor, and Colon said about it being on their mind constantly when they are at work is just what this team needs. Every time they turn around they see what happened before and it just builds and builds and to the point where you ready to take out your frustration on the team that kicked your *** last time.

LatrobePA
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
What worries me are the few guys on their D that were hurt last game, they are all healthy now and will be playing well rested...

Hburg
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I like that idea. It puts in their minds that this is not just a 9 to 5 job that you can just forget about from one week to the next. There is a pride involved in playing in the NFL and for any particular team, and to see the plays that created a loss at home last time eats away at that pride until you are determined to not allow it to happen again.

At the same time, that frustration, anger, determination needs to be properly focused so as to be effective on the field.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
It's the playoffs, it's now or never. These guys need to get in their heads that they cannot let anything like last time happen again. It isn't going to fix itself just because we're the Steelers and we're at home...we need to go out and totally kick their *** 9 ways to Sunday and show them that when it really counts the Pittsburgh Freekin Steelers come to play and we're here to rip your hearts out and show em to you !!!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM
I agree with it's now or never....
I'm definately seeing more emotion out of Tomlin this week then i've seen from him all year,I just hope our Defense comes out swingin.You got to smack those guys in the mouth and show them that we are not letting them dominate us like last game.It seems like Tomlin is having a tough time getting this team fired up..which is hard to believe that a rookie coach is struggling trying to fire up superbowl veterans.I just hope we show up for this game..i can handle the loss alot more if the guys play there heart out.
Last year's team was a dissapointment but atleast we went out on a high note, Holmes taking it to the house to knock out Cincy.

This is an awesome forum and i wish i found it sooner! :tt02:

steelersgal86
01-03-2008, 06:14 AM
It's the playoffs, it's now or never. These guys need to get in their heads that they cannot let anything like last time happen again. It isn't going to fix itself just because we're the Steelers and we're at home...we need to go out and totally kick their *** 9 ways to Sunday and show them that when it really counts the Pittsburgh Freekin Steelers come to play and we're here to rip your hearts out and show em to you !!!

:iagree: :tt02::tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I think this is a VERY good tactic by mike, show your guys what happens when you play undisciplined football against a very "fundamentally sound" and physical team!!! I really think we have a better team than the Jags top to bottom!! But the bottom line is they have been playing "their" style of football all year where we have been inconsistant in finding out what kind of team we really can be!!! No matter what happens i look for an all out effort from here on out from this squad!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 11:20 AM
They were showing part of Tomlin's press conference on NFLN where he said " Hey if you can't get up for a playoff game at Heinz Field, there is something wrong with you". He's right, if this team isn't focused for this game they need their head examined. This is the playoffs, they've been embarrassed 3 of the last 4 weeks and now it's time to put up or shut up and it's starts with the Jags saturday night !

AZ_Steeler
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
:cope: It's taken 17 weeks but we are finally seeing some emotion coming from Tomlin! Playing the game over and over is what this team needs... that constant reminder of getting it handed to them at home and given them their only loss at home on the season is probably enough but to see that game and be given that constant reminder has got to be pissing them off and getting them ready!

I'm predicting we will see a completely different team this Saturday!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
If we go down and we go down fighting in a hard, tough, mistake free game where the players leave it all on the field then so be it. However if we go out making turnovers, missing opportunities in the redzone, the defense not getting off the field, the ST giving up big plays that will just be the worst IMO. Going down fighting hard is easier to deal with then beating ourselves like we have been.

Iron City South
01-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Great, everyone else is busy practicing "execution" and Tomlin has his guys watching re-runs!

I wonder if he took their Play-station priviledges away too!

SteelersWoman
01-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Great, everyone else is busy practicing "execution" and Tomlin has his guys watching re-runs!...

One would think that by week 17, execution SHOULD be second nature.

IMO, it's too late in the season to worry about execution--that time has come and gone, and either they've gotten it or they haven't. And if they haven't, it doesn't really matter whether they're watching tape, practicing, or painting their toenails.

What this team needs is to feel embarrassed by their lackluster emotion (until way too late in the game) on the field.

Perhaps if they see the difference in how they (don't) respond (emotionally) early in the game--as opposed to late in the game when they feel their back's against a wall, (when they're kicking tail and taking names) that might do it.

Or just flat out having to see another team embarrass the heck out of you at your own house...

TampaSteelGirl
01-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Definately a great tactic by Tomlin. It's funny that they are sick of seeing it, so maybe if they are so sick of seeing it, it will make them mad and play well. If this doesn't work, nothing will! LOL!! :greengrin: Bravo Coach! :clap:

black an gold 4 life
01-03-2008, 03:01 PM
look if they don't go out an tackle the same movie they r seeing now will become part 2, we need 2 regroup as an team, we have 2 many injuries 2 go far this year i'm proud of the effort mike put forth this year, he put his stamp on this team now he needs 2 implement his defense...............we need 2 make an few coaches changes some personnel changes an we will b n the hunt 4 an 6th super bowl title................tomlin rocks:greengrin: an remember this was his rookie year so just imagine how great he gonna b 4 us down the line:clap::clap:come on rooneys spend an little more money on the right folks so we can win 4 more super bowls an really b hated 4 ever by the rest of the losers n the nfl............:hilarious::hilarious::bluelol::cab bagepatch:GO STEELERS

Mike Tomlin
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I can imagine how the players feel, i'm sick of seeing it on NFL network and their not looping it. I think this is great for the team this is what they need for the playoffs. The media sees us as an after thought in the playoffs and Tomlin's showing them why over and over and over again lol!

Stairwayto7
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I love it, now kick some jagass

DIESELMAN
01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
If we go down and we go down fighting in a hard, tough, mistake free game where the players leave it all on the field then so be it. However if we go out making turnovers, missing opportunities in the redzone, the defense not getting off the field, the ST giving up big plays that will just be the worst IMO. Going down fighting hard is easier to deal with then beating ourselves like we have been.

:plus1: One game, just one game all year, I would like to see 60 minutes of blood, guts, heart and determination. Whether we win or lose, 60 ****ing minutes!!! If we lose, its how we lose that will carry into next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
One would think that by week 17, execution SHOULD be second nature.

IMO, it's too late in the season to worry about execution--that time has come and gone, and either they've gotten it or they haven't. And if they haven't, it doesn't really matter whether they're watching tape, practicing, or painting their toenails.

What this team needs is to feel embarrassed by their lackluster emotion (until way too late in the game) on the field.

Perhaps if they see the difference in how they (don't) respond (emotionally) early in the game--as opposed to late in the game when they feel their back's against a wall, (when they're kicking tail and taking names) that might do it.

Or just flat out having to see another team embarrass the heck out of you at your own house...

yeah at this point if the players can't execute; 1 week worth of practice is not going to fix that. Execution is about being mentally in the game, keeping your focus and doing your job like you are capable of. Right now Tomlin is trying to use the what happened as motivation and keep these guys focused on the task at hand. Being embarrassed at home to a warm weather team in the manner that they beat us should have left a sour taste in their mouths and the more they think about it the more they want to go out and exact the same humiliation on them that they did to us and send them home from the playoffs.