SS - Troy Polamalu, Tyrone Carter
FS - Ryan Clark, Anthony Smith

SPECIAL TEAMS

P - Daniel Sepulveda
PK - Jeff Reed
PR - Allen Rossum, Najeh Davenport
KR - Jeremy Bloom, Bryant McFadden

NOTES

FB: A "day two" draft pick is used on FB depth behind Carey Davis. Dan Kreider is cut.

WR: Hines Ward gets demoted to the slot, and Nate Washington gets demoted too, after a mid-round pick is used on a tall WR. An undrafted free agent gets the final WR spot. Cedrick Wilson and Willie Reid are both cut.

OL: Kendall Simmons moves to C, and Willie Colon to RG. Max Starks gets switched permanently to LT. Sean Mahan gets demoted to backup LG, behind Chris Kemoeatu. Our first draft pick will be used on a RT, and two cheap free agents will be signed as our backup RG and RT. Marvel Smith is cut.

DL: Brett Keisel eventually gets demoted to backup RDE, behind a "day one" draft pick. A "day two" draft pick is used for depth at LDE behind Aaron Smith.

LB: Larry Foote gets demoted to backup RILB, behind Lawrence Timmons. A "day two" draft pick is used for depth at LOLB behind LaMarr Woodley, and another "day two" pick is used for depth at LILB behind James Farrior. A cheap free agent will be signed as our backup ROLB behind James Harrison. Clark Haggans is cut.

CB: A mid-round draft pick is used on a CB to eventually replace DeShea Townsend.

QB, RB, TE, S: Unchanged.

NOTABLE CUTS

- Dan Kreider
- Cedrick Wilson
- Willie Reid
- Marvel Smith
- Clark Haggans

DRAFT PICKS IN ORDER

1. RT
2. RDE
3. WR
4. CB
5. LDE (depth)
6. LOLB (depth)
7. FB
8. LILB (depth)

(The numbers are simply the order in which we will pick, not necessarily the round.)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Placing this in the War Room area :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2008, 06:07 PM
The Steelers only have 6 draft picks so far for next year...Plus there is only 7 rounds...The Steelers gave up a 6th round pick for Rossum...

Simmons at center isn't the answer and center needs to be drafted....Plus noway the Steelers draft a RT...They need a LT.....Teams like the Chargers and Colts have spent second round picks on LT in the past few drafts and those picks have started their rookie years from the start on both teams....the Chargers drafted Marcus McNeil in 2006 and the Colts drafted Tony Ugoh this past draft...

DBR96A
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
The Steelers only have 6 draft picks so far for next year...Plus there is only 7 rounds...The Steelers gave up a 6th round pick for Rossum...

Simmons at center isn't the answer and center needs to be drafted....Plus noway the Steelers draft a RT...They need a LT.....Teams like the Chargers and Colts have spent second round picks on LT in the past few drafts and those picks have started their rookie years from the start on both teams....the Chargers drafted Marcus McNeil in 2006 and the Colts drafted Tony Ugoh this past draft...

I said the draft list was the ORDER in which we'd draft, not necessarily the round. For example, our eighth listed pick could be a compensatory 7th-rounder.

As for the Ts, if we draft a LT instead of a RT, then I guess we put Starks back in at RT. As for Simmons, we're stuck with him, so we may as well try him out at C. If he fails there, then we can cut him with, what, two years left on his deal? Either that, or make him reneg.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Unless Marvel's injury is something that is career threatening at this point I'm afraid they won't go for a LT right now because they'll have him, Colon, Essex and possibly Starks if they resign him so. If we lose Starks I would hope they draft a Tackle but if not atleast we can hopefully look forward to a Center and Guard. :crossfingers:

Koopa
01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
lmao at a tall wr.........gayest **** ever said......... we need a wr that can play, who cares if he's tall our not, i'd take a 5'10 speedster wr over a plax anyday...we got our tall guys in miller and spaeth.........

no more experiments with the center spot, it's way to important, we need a true center and we can get one late in the first day or when ever the 3rd round is now with the new draft day schedule

i don't see why ppl are kind of looking down on larry foote, seemed every game i saw he was doing pretty good

i'd rather have colon take over for faneca

nate is a free agent too i think, **** him i hope they don't resign him

bloom won't even make it to preseason.......in the second round we need to draft a wr that can handle kick off/punt returns

K Train
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
after a mid-round pick is used on a tall WR.

i have now lost all respect for you and i stopped reading after this...

i hope we draft a WR amd hes 5-9 and the most badass player ever just to spite all you who cry for a tall WR and i hope we draft steve slaton for all of you the cry for fat back

K Train
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
lmao at a tall wr.........gayest shiat ever said......... we need a wr that can play, who cares if he's tall our not, i'd take a 5'10 speedster wr over a plax anyday...we got our tall guys in miller and spaeth.........

no more experiments with the center spot, it's way to important, we need a true center and we can get one late in the first day or when ever the 3rd round is now with the new draft day schedule

i don't see why ppl are kind of looking down on larry foote, seemed every game i saw he was doing pretty good

i'd rather have colon take over for faneca

nate is a free agent too i think, **** him i hope they don't resign him

bloom won't even make it to preseason.......in the second round we need to draft a wr that can handle kick off/punt returns

i want nate back, not the most polished guy but hes getting there....and we agree on everything else lol...especially tall wrs lol

DBR96A
01-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Forget Steve Slaton. I'd rather have Owen Schmitt.

MDSteel15
01-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Steve Shi*.... Mario Manningham! :cope: Koop and Train, he's only 6' and a playmaking fool!

ARKIESTEEL
01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Tall WR are cute

NOVA STEELERS
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
IMO it doesn't matter how tall the WR we draft is as long as he has some decent speed, can run his routes and can CATCH the BALL.......

Also, does anyone else have an issue with Brian St. Pierre taking up a roster spot that could be utilzied in another much needed area?????

K Train
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
i would rather have cedric wilson as our 3rd QB....and we all know how i feel about cedric wilson

Brady Quinn
01-04-2008, 12:54 PM
you need to get a wr that is big and strong and fast. size is all that matters right now. receivers get a way with a lot of stuff that dbs dont

K Train
01-04-2008, 01:11 PM
you need to get a wr that is big and strong and fast. size is all that matters right now. receivers get a way with a lot of stuff that dbs dont

and you need to learn what your talking about

Brady Quinn
01-04-2008, 03:37 PM
OK YOU ARE RIGHT BIG WR ARE REALLY STRUGGLING RIGHT NOW! PX8

K Train
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
big wrs are bums 90% of the time, when they are good they are great, but its hit or miss.

I would take andre johnson over any WR in the league..hes big and fast and has awesome hands, but hes on a short list of big guys

Andre Johnson, calvin johnson, TO, braylon edwards and larry fitzgerald....thats about it when it comes to being big, physical, fast WRs

but whats wrong with guys like ward, holmes, reggie wayne, marvin harrison, steve smith, lee evans, deion branch, anquan boldin, greg jennings, donald driver....and the list goes on and on and on of guys who are 6 foot and shorter and are all awesome playmakers. Its not like im morally opposed to have tall wr, its just way overrated and there is way more busts out there then successes...not to mention that every single good big WR was a high first round pick (except TO)

Brady Quinn
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Tall physical is in.

K Train
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
tall physical is hard to find quality

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
big wrs are bums 90% of the time, when they are good they are great, but its hit or miss.

I would take andre johnson over any WR in the league..hes big and fast and has awesome hands, but hes on a short list of big guys

Andre Johnson, calvin johnson, TO, braylon edwards and larry fitzgerald....thats about it when it comes to being big, physical, fast WRs

but whats wrong with guys like ward, holmes, reggie wayne, marvin harrison, steve smith, lee evans, deion branch, anquan boldin, greg jennings, donald driver....and the list goes on and on and on of guys who are 6 foot and shorter and are all awesome playmakers. Its not like im morally opposed to have tall wr, its just way overrated and there is way more busts out there then successes...not to mention that every single good big WR was a high first round pick (except TO)

There is nothing wrong with WRs like Ward,Holmes, Wayne,Harrison,Smith, Evans,Branch, Boldin and the Paker duo.......But the Steelers have Ward and Holmes....Plus a young talented guy in Nate....All is missing is a tall physical WR that isn't slow say like Walter Young...lol They're missing that element and you're right those big WRs that pan out are very tough to find...But I do think James Hardy from Indiana is the real deal...I hope he falls to the 2nd round when the Steelers pick......The Steelers need to draft a WR period....I just would like to see Hardy drafted...I'm not saying draft a WR just because he is tall...Make sure the guy can play no matter the his height...

Koopa
01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
i don't get the element they are missing argument, if it's for redzone purposes we got miller and spaeth.....a tall wr is overrated, we need a good 3rd wr that can catch the ball, it don't matter how tall the dude is just as long as he can run a good route and catch

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2008, 05:28 PM
i don't get the element they are missing argument, if it's for redzone purposes we got miller and spaeth.....a tall wr is overrated, we need a good 3rd wr that can catch the ball, it don't matter how tall the dude is just as long as he can run a good route and catch

Well I can't help if you don't understand...:lol: Its rather simple when you think about it....Whats easier for a QB throwing down the field 30-40 yards to a WR that is 6-4 or taller that can leap like a deer or a 5-11 smurf that may struggle to get separation from time to time?.....Come on Koop you're a college boy I know you can figure that out....

So many times I have seen TO bail Romo out this year when Romo just threw it up for TO to get the ball...Same thing with Brady to Moss.....Ben had Plax his rookie year and that was Ben's favorite target....Many times Ben just threw it up for Plax.......Even though Plax drove me nuts at times I still was a fan of his....Despite his funky attitude at times....

It doesn't matter if the Steelers don't improve their Oline next year its not going to matter if the Steelers draft a tall or short WR...lol

I personally like James Hardy and think he is going to be a beast.....So he happens to be 6-7 so sue me for wanting the Steelers to draft him....:lol:

K Train
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
im not saying hardy wont be good, it would be awesome to have a badass WR that big and fast...but just saying "WE NEED A TALL BLACK DUDE TO CATCH THE BALL" is retarded cause you cant just go to any school, find the tallest wr and make him a star....and im not saying thats what you were saying at all....but everyone throws around this tall wr bs because of randy moss....its retarded, i just dont care how tall a dude is to play WR cause he needs to do more than be tall to play for the steelers.

Again, this isnt YOU im talking about, its just in general, i like hardy too, but he wont be there in the late 20s when we pick in the second

DIESELMAN
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
We can all agree on one thing.....We need a reliable 3rd WR, not necessarily just a possession WR but one who is also a game breaker. Someone who can catch everything thrown his way, run his routes and shows up every game. I personally would like to see a big tall WR who can do all that. Yes we have big tall TE's but you see how much our TE's are being used these days. Maybe once our OL gets fixed they can go out and run some routes :lol:

Sidenote: Hardy caught 5 passes for around 50 yds and 0 TD's in his bowl game

BRICKTOWN BEAST
01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm just worried about our point of attack the O-line and even D-Line. I would like to see us get a Tackle, a Guard, and a REAL Center which we can get in the later rounds if we really look for one. And a huge run stopping DE that has a motor that doesn't stop would help too.

But hahaha I defenetly wouln't mind seeing a phsical 6'7 wide Receiver. I'm not going to lie I miss those old Plexico Burress days :)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
im not saying hardy wont be good, it would be awesome to have a badass WR that big and fast...but just saying "WE NEED A TALL BLACK DUDE TO CATCH THE BALL" is retarded cause you cant just go to any school, find the tallest wr and make him a star....and im not saying thats what you were saying at all....but everyone throws around this tall wr bs because of randy moss....its retarded, i just dont care how tall a dude is to play WR cause he needs to do more than be tall to play for the steelers.

Again, this isnt YOU im talking about, its just in general, i like hardy too, but he wont be there in the late 20s when we pick in the second

I agree with you that just drafting a WR since he is tall is retarded....I don't care how tall a WR just as long as that player can play...I would just prefer to find a tall physical fast WR...It would Ben out in the long run....Dude probably Hardy won't be there in the 2nd...But Ben wasn't supposed to fall to 11 in 2004...The draft can be unpredictable....

kgreen
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Forget Steve Slaton. I'd rather have Owen Schmitt.

YES! Owen is a beast! A dual threat at full back and the guy is a total bada$$!

JoeThomas
01-23-2008, 07:47 AM
bye bye faneca

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Hardy won't measure in at 6'7''....

He isn't really all that fast...

If we were to get any new WR I would like Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Yea lets spend a ton of money on Bryant Johnson...lol I know he is a former first round pick....But look at his production...lol His numbers compare to Nate Washington's.....I'll pass on Johnson...

As for Hardy ok he is 6-5 or 6-6...So what and you act like I said he was going to run a 4.3 40 or something...He is fast enough for a player his size...Thats what I meant....He won't be as slow as Walter Young...lol

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes the impression I got was that you guys thought he was fast, my bad lol. Probably runs a 4.5/4.6. In other words, seperation may be a problem.

As for Johnson, his numbers are better than Washington's. He never really got a shot after the emergence of Boldin and the next year they drafted Fitzgerald. He is faster than everyone but Holmes and Washington (who timed a 4.61 but plays very fast), and he wouldn't be that expensive. Also would give a good reason to cut Ced. Plus, he would not be that expensive. Probably get him for something like 4 years 20mil.

K Train
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
theres a few WRs i would take over hardy, and some of them wouldnt go nearly as high

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes the impression I got was that you guys thought he was fast, my bad lol. Probably runs a 4.5/4.6. In other words, seperation may be a problem.

As for Johnson, his numbers are better than Washington's. He never really got a shot after the emergence of Boldin and the next year they drafted Fitzgerald. He is faster than everyone but Holmes and Washington (who timed a 4.61 but plays very fast), and he wouldn't be that expensive. Also would give a good reason to cut Ced. Plus, he would not be that expensive. Probably get him for something like 4 years 20mil.

Dude compare Nates and Johnson's yards and yards per catch in their careers......Nate has about the same amount receiving yards as Johnson that past two years...lol Plus Nates yards per catch is better...lol Plus they have the same amount of career TD catches.....Only stat Johnson has a lead on Nate is catches....Johnson has a slight lead in yards...Nate has the lead in yards per catch and TDs.....

Nates stats the last two years.....He didn't play his rookie year until seeing limited action in the AFC title game...

64 catches for 1,074 yards....16.8 per catch with 9 TDs

Johnson had 86 catches for 1,268 yards....15 per catch with 6 TDs......

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

theres a few WRs i would take over hardy, and some of them wouldnt go nearly as high

you just hate tall WRs....:lol:

steelcityrockers
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Precisely. I would rather have a receiver who catches the shorter passes as a slot receiver of sorts who can move the chains.

darnik44
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
2008 Pittsburgh Steelers

2 Brian St. Pierre, QB
3 Jeff Reed, K
7 Ben Roethlisberger, QB
9 Daniel Sepulveda, P
10 Santonio Holmes, WR/PR
15 Devin Thomas, WR/PR (R)
16 Charlie Batch, QB
20 Bryant McFadden, CB
21 Orlando Scandrick, CB/KR (R)