PDA

View Full Version : From Jags Message board about game possibly being blacked out here...

Troyisabeast_43
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I just found this on their site and I dont know how true it is but here is the link for where it says this and what they say to follow up...

Check the link http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=124115&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Apparently, the best fan base in America might have a blacked out playoff game on their hands. I think the game will eventually be sold out, but it's amazing to think that tickets are still available. Thoughts?

Silverback 92
01-02-2008, 05:44 PM
No Way , A play off game aint gonna be blacked out

AZ_Steeler
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I honestly didn't believe it when I first started reading the thread but I went to ticketmaster.com and was able to pull up two tickets right down on the field:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4860/62323546kx0.jpg

Maybe it's one of those things where people just think it's sold out so they aren't bothering with trying to get some tickets and once the word gets out it will sell out... However, this team does have A LOT of injuries and the outlook is probably not good which is why fans are staying away as well :dunno:

I know if I was in the area I would snag me a couple of tickets!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
It will sell out, the playoff games sometime take till the last minute...People think they are sold out or they wait till the last minute to try and score seats hoping to get them at a better price and what not. I can't imagine a playoff game not selling out in Pittsburgh :crossfingers:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Go figure finally there is a chance to get play-off tickets for face value and I don't have the extra cash to go...lol I think its really sad that there is tickets left.....I know the team has played like crap this last month but for real its a play-off game.....Come Steeler Nation sell this game out..... I'm frustrated also by the teams play recently but I'm rooting my tail off for them Sat....

DBR96A
01-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Are Steeler fans turning into Dodger fans or something? Arrive late, leave early to avoid the traffic, and stay home if the weather isn't perfect?

You know what? If you're going to constantly compare our team to those of the '70s, then maybe you'd be better off staying home and letting somebody else go to the game. Besides, you're NOT entitled to the tickets. Don't like the product? Step aside for somebody who does. (Hell, the crowd might even get younger, louder, more enthusiastic and more diverse in the process.)

Jon
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Get the facts straight. To sell their playoff tickets this year the Steelers issued a notice to individuals on the Steelers waiting list as they always do. Before this year they always sent out the postcard. This year they sent out a letter that the tickets would be sold through ticketmaster.

However, this time rather than notifying all individuals on the waitlist they only notified those on the waitlist from 95 through 99. The tickets still soldout immediately. When you have a waitlist 14 years long you don't have to worry about being sold out.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Just when the hell am I doing to get my damn season tickets...I've been on that list for over 10 years now atleast...seems like forever !! :reddevil:

steelersgal86
01-03-2008, 05:14 AM
wow...I cant believe this is not sold out yet :scratch:

steelcitysfinestXL
01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
ALOT of tickets for sale in the local papers here in the burgh and surrounding counties!!! I have gotten more offers to buy tckets for this game then the 1st sixteen weeks combined!!! im not sure why!?!?! If i hadnt spent all my money on xmas and new years i'd be all over the 50yd line seats i had a few times this season... just dont have the extra 300-400 bucks!!!

black an gold 4 life
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
WELL IT JUST MIGHT SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE 2 THE ROONEYS, WE WANT SOME QUALITY PLAYERS AN COACHES N HERE, THIS WOULD LITERALLY SHOCK THE ROONEYS..........................WE NEED 2 MAKE AN STATEMENT FOLKS SO WE DON'T KEEP HAVING THIS TYPE OF YEAR............

RckyMtnStlrFan
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
I just checked Ticketmaster and lower level tickets re still available for $115. My buddies wife is gonna be pissed that she spent $500 for our nosebleed seats on ebay.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-04-2008, 05:52 AM
You'll always be able to find tickets for games on the ticket brokers regardless of it's a playoff game or not. It's always been that way. I'll be anxious to see though how much of a ticket master run there is for tickets tonight and tomorrow.

NOVA STEELERS
01-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I GOT MY TIXX From the ticketmaster ticketexchange Sec 136 Row R WOOO HOOOOO........... :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: