PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign Bloom

Iron City South
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Sorry, but this signing screams "desperation" ... Probably the end of the Rossum experiment and/or could spell the end of Willie Reid.

Steelers sign Jeremy Bloom
By Bill Williamson The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 12/31/2007 11:26:59 AM MST

The Pittsburgh Steelers signed former CU standout Jeremy Bloom to the practice squad this morning.

Bloom will be with the Steelers this week in preparation for their playoff game against visiting Jacksonville on Saturday night.

Bloom will likely then stay with the Steelers into next season.

Bloom was cut by Philadelphia in September. He had a tryout with the Broncos in Ocotber.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7850228

SteelerSal
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Davenport has done a great job in the past returning kicks and Wilson is more than capable fielding punts.........Bloom is not a short term nor long term answer.
I loved Reid at FSU and I'm not sure if his foot injury, in his rookie season, has kept him from reaching full health status.:scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't know why this team doesn't use Cedric more on returns, atleast he holds onto the ball. If Davenport didn't have to be the starting RB for us I'd say put him back there, he did well returning kicks last year.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Does Tomlin know how to evalute talent?

Ambridge
12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Does Tomlin know how to evalute talent?

I'm thinking the answer is NO!!

This is a player who should be skiing the slalom and moguls at Seven Springs......not handling a football.

If the Steelers/Tomlin even think of putting him on the field to handle kick returns they deserve every type of criticism and ridicule that comes their way.

Koopa
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
ok, they only signed him to the practice squad, y'all act like he gave him a max deal...... what does it hurt to try ppl out??? ppl need to stop going nuts, if anyone expected us to compete for the superbowl then y'all have some serious homer problems

Ambridge
12-31-2007, 09:51 PM
ok, they only signed him to the practice squad, y'all act like he gave him a max deal...... what does it hurt to try ppl out??? ppl need to stop going nuts, if anyone expected us to compete for the superbowl then y'all have some serious homer problems

Then why even bring him onto the practice squad at this point??

Either the Steelers are having thoughts of activating him for Jax or possibly but very doubtful for further post season play.....or keeping him around for next year in which case this is a DUH! type of move.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-01-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking the answer is NO!!

This is a player who should be skiing the slalom and moguls at Seven Springs......not handling a football.

If the Steelers/Tomlin even think of putting him on the field to handle kick returns they deserve every type of criticism and ridicule that comes their way.

At this point I don't think it's going to hurt anything because we already stink on returns so we can't get much worse. I do think Cedric should be back there though rather than signing somebody else at this point but it is what it is when it comes right down to it. Our special teams stink except for Reed and Sep.

Koopa
01-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Then why even bring him onto the practice squad at this point??

Either the Steelers are having thoughts of activating him for Jax or possibly but very doubtful for further post season play.....or keeping him around for next year in which case this is a DUH! type of move.

they could just be keeping him for the preseason, it doens't hurt to try him out, there's no other options until the draft anyway

Koopa
01-01-2008, 03:52 AM
At this point I don't think it's going to hurt anything because we already stink on returns so we can't get much worse. I do think Cedric should be back there though rather than signing somebody else at this point but it is what it is when it comes right down to it. Our special teams stink except for Reed and Sep.

i still think holmes should have stayed as the punt returner, he had a years experience of doing it, and it's not like we throw his way on every play so he wouldn't have been to over worked.............of course i wouldn't put him in now cause his ankles are brittle this year, but he could've been good there, ARE did it with no problem being the number two wr

black an gold 4 life
01-01-2008, 07:09 AM
lol yea willie ried that's what nfl stands 4 not 4 long when u f*** up like he has...............

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2008, 02:04 PM
www.jeremybloom.com (http://www.jeremybloom.com)

He has his own website:

Zachintosh66
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Rossum is only a short term answer... and IMO Reid isnt worthy of being on the roster. His performance last week was horrible, then he got hurt again.

As far as running with Davenport or Holmes, thats not really an option considering they are both starters and current #1 at their respective postions. Wilson might be able to actually catch the ball, but how much will he do after that fact. Although lately in Steelers history its a good thing when a guy actually catches the kick/punt.

Im all for giving Bloom a shot... suit him up! Oh wait its just practice squad :)

Prosdo
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM

I have to agree. What's it really hurting?

Mike Tomlin
01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Rossum is only a short term answer... and IMO Reid isnt worthy of being on the roster. His performance last week was horrible, then he got hurt again.

As far as running with Davenport or Holmes, thats not really an option considering they are both starters and current #1 at their respective postions. Wilson might be able to actually catch the ball, but how much will he do after that fact. Although lately in Steelers history its a good thing when a guy actually catches the kick/punt.

Im all for giving Bloom a shot... suit him up! Oh wait its just practice squad :) I agree except I think Reid is a good receiver and being around Hines is starting shape that part of his game. Plus he never gets enough reps at returning kicks so to just put him out there one should expect some problems. Everytime he gets his hand on the ball he runs with this explosion that would be great for special teams. The next return after he fumbled the ball he had a good return and ran over a guy in the process.I think he'll get it together and be what we need, I hope for his sake and ours it's sooner than later.