PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Ravens fire Billick after disappointing year

Koopa
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
they should hire grimm lol.........or singletary so our division can have all black coaches lol

Despite his insistence that his job was safe, the Brian Billick era in Baltimore is over.

The team fired their head coach Monday, FOXSports.com has learned, capping an extremely disappointing season.

This comes one day after FOX Sports reported that the players and other employees informed team owner Steve Biscotti that Billick had completely lost the locker room and could not win them back.

Billick was hired as an offensive guru but during his tenure it was his defenses that won for the Ravens, especially their Super Bowl title. Over time Billick was unable to get his QBs to star and his offenses stalled year in and year out.

Earlier this year he proclaimed that he had been given the vote of confidence from Biscottit but that was never confirmed and was obviously not true.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7621108

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Yep he's gone alright...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037

Can't say I'm surprised at all by this, Billick lost control of this team completely. You could see evidence of that time and time again by players questioning him directly to the media, the way the players acted up on the field; everything was just totally out of control.

The ratbirds are old on defense and need to rebuild, they need to figure out who is going to quarterback that team and what to do with an inconsistent line.

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2007, 02:15 PM
they should hire grimm lol.........or singletary so our division can have all black coaches lol

The only problem with that is Romeo is supposably talking with Parcells for the Miami job :dunno:

Troyisabeast_43
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Just saw it on espn and NFL Network 330 press conference schedueled. I guess beating the Steelers yesterday was not enough to keep his job in the end what a crying shame lol...

Koopa
12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
The only problem with that is Romeo is supposably talking with Parcells for the Miami job :dunno:

can he do that?? isn't he under contract??

TEEMONT
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Just saw this too on the halftime of the Armed Forces Bowl.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM
can he do that?? isn't he under contract??

Directly, no that would be a clear tampering charge. But if had a runner used as the go between....

Ambridge
12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Looks like the Ravens are going to eat that extension they signed Billick to last year.

Baltimore bought a Big Bag of Fools Gold when they brought in Steve McNair.
The mistake they made was thinking they were going to get another good year with McNair but they squeezed the last out of him last season when the Rats went 13-3.

I'll miss Billick spraying his Arrogance all over the place on the Rats sidelines.

Troyisabeast_43
12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
That loss to the Dolphins a few weeks ago was pretty much the end of the line for Billick, not to mention that during that whole 9 game losing streak the team was constantly complaining and bitching each and every week. It was time for a change in Baltimore because Billick has definitely had it there and time for them to go in another direction.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Directly, no that would be a clear tampering charge. But if had a runner used as the go between....

They are not going to let Romeo Crennel go anywhere in Cleveland after he the job he did this year turning the Browns around literally putting them one missed FG away from Dawson in either the Oakland or Steelers game from winning the division and going to the playoffs. Look for Miami and Parcells to maybe go after a guy like Marty Schotenheimer who is good friends with Parcells and seems to fit the style of football with running game and good defense that the Dolphins like to play.

Prosdo
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. I think this has been coming for a while.

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
No surprise there.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-31-2007, 05:00 PM
1. Bill Cowher
2. Jason Garrett
3. Rex Ryan

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I hate Brian the Brain so I'm glad he was fired....He lived off that lone Super Bowl win long enough...lol

Ambridge
12-31-2007, 09:22 PM
1. Bill Cowher
2. Jason Garrett
3. Rex Ryan

The thought of Cowher in Baltimore is almost as nauseating as Cowher in Cleveland.

BlitzburghNation
01-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Long overdue,,,,,,,,But I really could give a rats :moon:

Long as cowher doesn't end up there !

StlersGuy
01-01-2008, 09:26 AM
:markit::ratbirdssuck:

Captcoolhand
01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Billick fired from Ravens

Koopa
01-01-2008, 04:32 PM
already posted

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11431

Captcoolhand
01-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I looked but didn't see it but thanks Koop

MDSteel15
01-01-2008, 11:44 PM
LMAO!!!! I told all those Baltimorons that they needed a new coach!!!!:lol: They said I was crazy.... Who's crazy now, idiots???? :nahnah: