PDA

View Full Version : Fanaca

Steelerlyn
12-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Ben has run for his life all season....Charlie ran for his life the first three quarters tonight until Fanaca came out. After that point Charlie sat in the pocket and picked them apart for two scores. I hope Fanaca played his last game in Black 'n Gold. He'll be just like Kneel O'Donnel....Great in Pittsburgh or mediocre anywhere else.

Troyisabeast_43
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Can someone please explain to me why Ben has run for his life all season....Charlie ran for his life the first three quarters tonight until Fanaca came out. After that point Charlie sat in the pocket and picked them apart for two scores. I hope Fanaca played his last game in Black 'n Gold. He'll be just like Kneel O'Donnel....Great in Pittsburgh or mediocre anywhere else.

Talk shows and everything keep saying this here tonight and I think its ridiculous. The Ravens were only rushing 3 guys at that point because they were in a prevent defense. I dont believe for one minute that Alan Faneca is slacking or missing blocks on purpose because he has a grudge against Steelers management. He has been solid all year long. Sean Mahan and other guys are the bigger problem on this team and o line not Faneca.

BlitzburghNation
12-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Talk shows and everything keep saying this here tonight and I think its ridiculous. The Ravens were only rushing 3 guys at that point because they were in a prevent defense. I dont believe for one minute that Alan Faneca is slacking or missing blocks on purpose because he has a grudge against Steelers management. He has been solid all year long. Sean Mahan and other guys are the bigger problem on this team and o line not Faneca.

:ditto: Well said,,,,,,,, :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 01:46 AM
There's no way Faneca is purposefully tanking a game, I don't believe that for a hot second either. When the ratbirds went into their prevent mode in the 4th quarter the offense came to life. Before that they were rushing and sending everybody on a regular basis basically saying they know we couldn't run so they could just pin their ears back.

Whether or not Faneca comes back next year is still up in the air but I know this much he was on the sidelines watching his teammates on the field and was into the game even then. Maybe he's lost a step or whatever but still the dude wouldn't tank anything, I'd bet money on it.

Dee Mca
12-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Can we give Mahan back and get refund and put that money towards resigning Faneca. We all know the reason why no one says his name right is because it isnt worth learning it cause he doesn't have what it takes to be a Steeler Center. We have had only 5 centers in the last 44 years besides the fill in guys. Ray Mansfield, 1964-75, Mike Webster, 1976-88, Dermontti Dawson, 1989-00, Jeff Hartings, 2001-06 then Sean Mahan 07 to hopefully 08. Move him to guard or let him go. He is nowhere near what the other 4 guys was.

Prosdo
12-31-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't think Alan is purposely doing things. I will say he is not the player he once was. Him making the pro bowl was an absolute joke. The dude is making it on his name alone. I don't think the Steelers will throw the amount of money he wants at him and I don't think he is worth it.

catlabman
12-31-2007, 07:47 AM
No way is Faneca slacking, if he wants to be picked up in free agency, he's going to play his best.

LeXX75
12-31-2007, 07:48 AM
why would a player tank plays and make himself look bad..when he will be a FA next year and looking for the most money he can get..at that point he is hurting himself as much or more than the Steelers..simple fact :Faneca is not the player he was..The problem : he doesn't want to admit that..because of that there is the contract impasse and he will end up somewere else next year..I am on the teams side here..he wants tooo much for the type of player he is at this point..

snowman79
12-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Alan Faneca deliberatly missing blocks NO CHANCE!!!! why would this Pro Bowl Offensive Lineman do anything of the sort. We now need to win all our games including the big one you can bet your life if we are going to do that then we need Mr Faneca on that O line on every down !!!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE PEOPLE !!!

WE ARE THE STEELERS !!!!!!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!! ( IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GET BEHIND THEM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!)

TEEMONT
12-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Try and find another scapegoat Lyn, his name is Sean Mahan.....besides, if you're gonna try and villify someone when you obviously don't know the first thing about O-Line play, at least spell his name correctly.

TampaSteelGirl
12-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Can we give Mahan back and get refund and put that money towards resigning Faneca. We all know the reason why no one says his name right is because it isnt worth learning it cause he doesn't have what it takes to be a Steeler Center. We have had only 5 centers in the last 44 years besides the fill in guys. Ray Mansfield, 1964-75, Mike Webster, 1976-88, Dermontti Dawson, 1989-00, Jeff Hartings, 2001-06 then Sean Mahan 07 to hopefully 08. Move him to guard or let him go. He is nowhere near what the other 4 guys was.

:ditto: YES..YES...YES!!!! :yellowthumb:

Prosdo
12-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Sean Mahan is a bum. A new center has to be the one of the Steelers top priorities this off-season.