PDA

View Full Version : One things for sure though

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Willie Reid needs to pack his bags. And I am losing my patience with Anthony Smith, he has been terrible ever since opening his mouth before the NE game.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Willie Reid needs to pack his bags. And I am losing my patience with Anthony Smith, he has been terrible ever since opening his mouth before the NE game.

QFT...willie reid really ****ed up today

Ambridge
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Yep!! Willie Reid had a perfect opportunity for himself today and he simply Blew it!!.......he needs to be released in the off season.

Koopa
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
he's another cowher flop....... i think he's a bust at kick returning, but there still might be some potential in him as a wr, he hasn't ****ed up when given the opportunity

Dee Mca
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
What ever we do we should steal the Bears idea and drop 3 guys back to act as a wedge on punt returns. We cant block it anyways and usually end up taking punter out so put them to good use blocking for the return man.

MDSteel15
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Reid was horrific! Drop his azz, bring up Dallas Baker and draft a REAL WR!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 01:48 AM
Reid was horrific tonight that's for sure. Our return game is just flat out offensive at this point. If we don't do something about it in the offseason it's only going to get worse. Atleast Rossum would hold onto the ball.

Listening to Tunch on the pregame show he mentioned how Rossum appeared to be pressing and trying to do too much instead of just letting the play develop to find his seam. If he would just relax and let his blockers set him up he could have had a much better season.

As far as Smith goes, I think he's just lost total confidence in himself. After being shown up in the Pats game he just hasn't been able to recover. I don't think he's going to be much better the rest of the year, however long that is. He's going to need the offseason to get his head back in the game and get a fresh start.

AZ_Steeler
12-31-2007, 03:14 AM
Whatever happens with Reid I could really care less... as for Smith though,as TG said, he's just lost his confidence since spouting off at the mouth! Taylor went through the same thing and has rebounded nicely. Smith will be fine although he might not be better until next year because I personally don't think he has had the time to truly reflect on what he has said and how he's performed since then. Besides, this is is sophomore year so we should have expected a decline anyways... he will be fine though!

Prosdo
12-31-2007, 05:08 AM
I have been very unimpressed with Willie Reid. I think he may be a lost cause. On the case of Anthony Smith I still think the guy has potential.

LeXX75
12-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Willie Reid was a great punter returner in college..I just don't get what happened to him...I guess the speed in the pro's is just tooo much for him.I really thought he would come on and help this team this year....
Smith is shot for this year...he is back to thinking about every play instead of just reacting to it...

TampaSteelGirl
12-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Sad part is I thought Willie was going to have a good year but boy did he blow it yesterday! I'm sick of Smith's constant missed tackles!! He's missing tackle after tackle! Tomlin better do some serious arse chewing in this locker room. We look like a bunch of sissys out there! I hate it! We are no longer feared, we are a laughing stock.
That being said I just have this feeling that we will shine in the playoffs, in my deep gut not my brain,we did it before and I think we can do it again if we get it together. We are not playing as a team. We need to get our mojo back!! :tt02:

portcityblackandgold
12-31-2007, 08:41 AM
In hindsight I know the staff is kicking themselves for not keeping Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker. How can you not keep a guy with a nickname like that? Reid is a bust, Mouthany Smith has lost his edge and is playing like he's soft and wet.

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
he's another cowher flop....... i think he's a bust at kick returning, but there still might be some potential in him as a wr, he hasn't ****ed up when given the opportunity

He's too snmall as a WR, and he dropped a TD pass yesterday.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Reid- I think he still deserves one more chance, apperently both Cowher and Tomlin saw enough in him to keep him on the active roster. Like was said before i think he could do big things in a short passing game, as far as KR/PR i dont wanna bank of him to be our starter anylonger, i said in another post i liked him be be our guy next year... i retract that statement!!!

A-Smith - This is a case very similar to Ike, i think he hasnt fully commited him self to being a football player yet!!! He has amazing closing speed, but ever since those 3 deep balls got overf his head he has been so far deep that he is taking himself out of plays!!! Im sorry to say it (cause i HATE missed tackles) you could give any safety in the league 10 trys at that tackle on Ross last night and i bet the best you would get is 3-10... MAYBE

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Reid is going to be in the spotlight again this weekend as hey and Cedric do most of the return duties. This is his time to redeem himself. When you are a backup you need to be ready when called upon and to date this kid has not delivered in the return game at all for us like we planned when he was drafted. Injuries or not you have to hold onto the ball!

Iron City South
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Reid is afraid of contact therefore rendering him "soft" ....

Get rid of him

K Train
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
He's too snmall as a WR, and he dropped a TD pass yesterday.

because all WRs have to be 6-4?

hes not to small at all, he just sucks.

anthony smith will be fine, we have all seen him be a badass in the secondary, the whole defense is struggling, not just smith

memphissteelergirl
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Reid simply has not impressed me, and my guess is he has not impressed anyone else on the coaching staff. IMHO, he's history after this season.

As for Smith, heaven knows he has pissed me off plenty this season. But I still think he's a good player...he just needs to learn to be a smart and disciplined player.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Anthony Smith may show up big time this saturday and get back to finishing the season off strong no matter how long we last but even if he doesn't he is the future for us and I'm sure he'll be right in the mix for the starting job next camp. We need him now though, both he and Carter along with Troy need to come up big in making sure that the Jags play action passes are not for big gainers.

DIESELMAN
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Smith is at a crossroad right now, being benched has made him think about things but right now he's thinking to much. Instead of playing by instinct he's questioning himself and answering himself....not a good thing.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Smith is at a crossroad right now, being benched has made him think about things but right now he's thinking to much. Instead of playing by instinct he's questioning himself and answering himself....not a good thing.

That's what Ike did last year, he was thinking way too much, not acting on instinct, and so paranoid of making more mistakes that it eventually lead to his being benched ...I agree Anthony is a crossroads of his career here; with Tomlin though I have a feeling he'll be a good motivator for Anthony just like he was for Ike and next year Smith come into camp ready to kick ***.