PDA

View Full Version : Cedrick Wilson needs to play more...

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Everytime the guy has gotten his chance to make a big catch or do something for this team this season he has come through and I just cant understand for the life of me why Nate Washington is still ahead of Wilson on the depth chart. Wilson proved his worth in the 2005 playoffs having huge games in Cincy and Denver and making key receptions. It just seems like everytime the ball is thrown into his directions or he is used so far this year good things seem to happen. Where in contrast when they throw to Nate Washington bad things seem to happen. Tomlin and Ariens seriously need to consider using Wilson a lot more now in the playoffs especially in key situations.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Nate has played pretty darn well this last month, he has really stepped up to the plate and come up with some big plays for us. He's been more consistent than he has in the past and I think he's cemented himself the main 3rd WR candidate going into next years training camp.

Cedric makes too much money and has been just as inconsistent during his stint with us, if not more.

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Maybe so but there is no way Nate Washington makes that TD catch in the end zone on 4th down today that Wilson made. You just do not see Nate Washington make catches like that consistent enough.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Nate has played pretty darn well this last month, he has really stepped up to the plate and come up with some big plays for us. He's been more consistent than he has in the past and I think he's cemented himself the main 3rd WR candidate going into next years training camp.

Cedric makes too much money and has been just as inconsistent during his stint with us, if not more.

I agree.......One nice catch by Cedric the WR doesn't change the fact he has disappeared since stepping up in the 2005 play-offs....Nate made a nice catch in the Jags game to tie the game up and he made two nice TD grabs against the Rams...Plus he made some nice grabs today....:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Maybe so but there is no way Nate Washington makes that TD catch in the end zone on 4th down today that Wilson made. You just do not see Nate Washington make catches like that consistent enough.

Nate makes a living out of circus catches, of course he could have caught that TD that Cedric did if you ask me. Nate's MO has been one of a guy that makes a circus catch followed up by a drop right in his hands the next play. He's gotten better this year so I credit him for that but Cedric makes more money and has produced less when it counted so I think it's a safe bet he'll be gone next year but we'll see....

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree.......One nice catch by Cedric the WR doesn't change the fact he has disappeared since stepping up in the 2005 play-offs....Nate made a nice catch in the Jags game to tie the game up and he made two nice TD grabs against the Rams...Plus he made some nice grabs today....:yellowthumb:

Nate has stepped up and played better recently I wont deny that but if my money is on someone to make a big catch in a big game and I would rather have Washington or Wilson do it I would trust Wilson a lot more at this point. Nate too many times so far this year even when he doesnt drop the ball he runs the wrong routes which have lead to interceptions or missed first downs, he doesnt turn around and look for the balls when there not thrown perfect. My point is I would much rather have Wilson in there a lot more then Nate because I trust him a lot more.

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Ced takes a lot of **** on this board and other boards, but everytime he's been asked to make a play, he's stepped up to the plate and rose to the challenge.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Nate has stepped up and played better recently I wont deny that but if my money is on someone to make a big catch in a big game and I would rather have Washington or Wilson do it I would trust Wilson a lot more at this point. Nate too many times so far this year even when he doesnt drop the ball he runs the wrong routes which have lead to interceptions or missed first downs, he doesnt turn around and look for the balls when there not thrown perfect. My point is I would much rather have Wilson in there a lot more then Nate because I trust him a lot more.

Holmes has ran wrong routes at times also this year....Both him and Washington are young and that comes with young players....I like Nate's size and speed...To me he can make big plays for this team...True he needs to work on his toughness and concentration more.....I agree he isn't a consistent player yet....Maybe he never will be....But I still like his potential more then Wilson.....Ced Wilson made a nice catch today no doubt but I need to see it more often...