PDA

View Full Version : 2002 AFC Wild Card Game CLE at PIT

Forged in Steel
09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Were any of you at the 2002 AFC Wild Card game when the Steelers beat the Browns 36-33 in the final minutes? I was. It was fricking cooled! Here's a video of when they got 36 points and won the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkvC978yWeg

AZ_Steeler
09-22-2006, 02:45 PM
That was an awesome game! I remember thinking it was over for the Steelers so I went and took a shower and when I got out the Steelers had just taken the lead. So now anytime it's the playoffs and the Steelers are losing in a close game, I take a shower... it's worked two or three times already! I didn't bother to test it for the NE game in 04 that would have been hopeless :dunno:

Steelerlyn
09-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah I was at that game and i swear it was the best Steeler game I have seen..........well until I saw the Pats/Steelers halloween game, Everyone in our section was singing Who's Your Daddy?

But that wildcard playoff game was the best! Then the following week in TN Tommy got hurt and was never the same.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Hburg
09-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm more shocked to find out that the browns actually made it to a game that could partially be considered somewhat of a playoff game. :lol:

Seein that game only makes me want to go to a game at Heinz Field even more.

BuFu

SteelerFan87
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
I loved that, because that was the year we got to beat the Brownies THREE times instead of the usual 2. :lol: :tt02:

Forged in Steel
09-22-2006, 04:22 PM
That's what is neat about that game, THE BROWNS WERE IN A PLAYOFF GAME! I still have the tickets too (collecters items since it's very rare you will see the Browns in a playoff game!)

Steelerlyn
09-22-2006, 05:18 PM
I think I remember the whole game very clearly! It was something, the Brownies lead all the way to the 4th quarter. Steeler "fans" were clearing out of Heinz field by the hundreds. After the game, I can remember thinking to myself, those losers got into their cars, turned on the radio and listened to the most exciting game in recent history, I bet they kicked themselves for leaving, It ain't over til it's over!

I cannot even imagine leaving a game before it is over............look at the Immaculate Reception game same thing.......people left even Art SR never saw the end of that game cause he was headed to the locker room to be with the guys!

What we pay for tickets, I know I am not leaving. I have sat in -degree weather, too hot weather you name it, but I am staying til it is over.
In fact I enjoy sitting in the stands AFTER the game watching the groundscrew and the fans! Many sit there for awhile. It is like a year between games so soak it all in....reality hits in a short time!~

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Friday133
09-22-2006, 06:59 PM
here is another steelers-browns playoff classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP33MqDaTCc

Friday133
09-22-2006, 07:02 PM
i remember this game, what a hit by woodson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1hPfNU90g

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2006, 08:29 PM
That game was one of the best Steeler victories ever ! Talk about resiliant ! I still goose bumps when I see those vids !

Steelersfan
09-23-2006, 01:44 AM
That hit by Woodson was awesome! That's one of the reason's I bought his jersey.....lol Couple years later he leaves!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2006, 07:22 AM
That's always the way it is for me, almost everytime I get a jersey the player ends up leaving the team a couple years later ! All the older player jersey's I have hanging up I could almost make a whole team of players who arent there any more !

House of Steel
09-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I remember that Cleveland-Pittsburgh game like it was yesterday. My wife and I was actually watching that game together. That was the first time my wife wanted the Steelers to kick the hell out of the Browns. We had a baby kitten, Miss Kitty, on the bed, sleeping as sound. When Chris Mu'-Malafala ran into the end zone to take a one point lead. We was so damn loud cheering and whooping, that kitten was so scared, ran and did a major backflip off the bed and went under it. I WAS LAUGHING HARD WHEN I SAW THAT. I never seen a kitten jump as high as this one did and do a major backflip. That poor thing stayed under the bed the rest of the day and night. LMAO. That was some memories.

Steelerlyn
09-27-2006, 10:57 PM
good teams, if healthy, just find a way to win. :nahnah: