PDA

View Full Version : Humiliating

yinzer
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
for those of you who thought it was a "good" idea to sit the starters... here you go. congratulations! we got beat by the lowly ravens and we deserve every bit of it. i've never seen such a pitiful display of football in my entire life. charlie batch is horrendous! and, who were those scrubs in the secondary??!!! this game DID mean something!!! the chemistry is completely out of whack now and the faguars are going to come into our house and eat our lunches!!! mike tomlin, bruce arians, and ******** lebeau should be stoned for what happened today! the stains and the faguars are laughing their asses off at us and they should be! i'm absolutely ashamed right now and if you're not, maybe you should be stoned as well.

LatrobePA
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
for those of you who thought it was a "good" idea to sit the starters... here you go. congratulations! we got beat by the lowly ravens and we deserve every bit of it. i've never seen such a pitiful display of football in my entire life. charlie batch is horrendous! and, who were those scrubs in the secondary??!!! this game DID mean something!!! the chemistry is completely out of whack now and the faguars are going to come into our house and eat our lunches!!! mike tomlin, bruce arians, and ******** lebeau should be stoned for what happened today! the stains and the faguars are laughing their asses off at us and they should be! i'm absolutely ashamed right now and if you're not, maybe you should be stoned as well.

Ike Taylor is a waste of money.

Keep in mind they ran all over us using back-up of back-ups! Oh yea their QB is a 2 game rookie, all this done to our first string D...What a joke, we will get our asses kicked all over ketchup field!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Ben had a bad ankle and needed the rest....Plus Hines Ward takes a beating every season no need to subject him to more abuse today.....Marvel Smith had a disc problem in his back...Noway he could play today....

As for the defense only starters that were missing were Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu...Smith hurt his biceps weeks ago.....As for Troy he really has been not himself this year and I doubt he would have made a difference today....

The team has to play the cards dealt to them and that is Jax...I'm just going to root my *** for them Sat.....I'm just glad to be in the play-offs...

Is sucks seeing performances like this today...But I saw the warts on this team back in the Broncos loss....So I'm really not that upset over it and just hoping they improve next year...

yinzer
12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Ben had a bad ankle and needed the rest....Plus Hines Ward takes a beating every season no need to subject him to more abuse today.....Marvel Smith had a disc problem in his back...Noway he could play today....

As for the defense only starters that were missing were Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu...Smith hurt his biceps weeks ago.....As for Troy he really has been not himself this year and I doubt he would have made a difference today....

The team has to play the cards dealt to them and that is Jax...I'm just going to root my *** for them Sat.....I'm just glad to be in the play-offs...

Is sucks seeing performances like this today...But I saw the warts on this team back in the Broncos loss....So I'm really not that upset over it and just hoping they improve next year...

ya, i know the injuries. fact of the matter is no other team decided to lay down and take one in the tail pipe like we did! ben was hurt, not injured. hines USUALLY takes a beating but was not hurt nor injured. same with troy. if there are lingering injuries, TOO F-ING BAD!!!! this is the NFL!! these guys get paid millions to play healthy, hurt, injured, etc!!! no excuses! this display was ugly!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
ya, i know the injuries. fact of the matter is no other team decided to lay down and take one in the tail pipe like we did! ben was hurt, not injured. hines USUALLY takes a beating but was not hurt nor injured. same with troy. if there are lingering injuries, TOO F-ING BAD!!!! this is the NFL!! these guys get paid millions to play healthy, hurt, injured, etc!!! no excuses! this display was ugly!

Ok Ben plays today and hurts his ankle worse then misses the Jags game next week....The Steelers really wouldn't stand a chance next week...As for Hines I just thought it was smart to rest him...This team still should have won today without these guys...As for Troy he wouldn't have helped that mess on D today...lol He has played like crap also this year...lol I just think its funny Woodley put some pressure on the QB today and notched his 4th sack in limited action this year....I just ask why he doesn't play more? His pass rushing would really help this team at times...Plus Timmons should get reps as well...Its not like the rest of the LBs have been great all the times this year....

yinzer
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok Ben plays today and hurts his ankle worse then misses the Jags game next week....The Steelers really wouldn't stand a chance next week...As for Hines I just thought it was smart to rest him...This team still should have won today without these guys...As for Troy he wouldn't have helped that mess on D today...lol He has played like crap also this year...lol I just think its funny Woodley put some pressure on the QB today and notched his 4th sack in limited action this year....I just ask why he doesn't play more? His pass rushing would really help this team at times...Plus Timmons should get reps as well...Its not like the rest of the LBs have been great all the times this year....

are you serious? you're speculating.

BB2W
12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
I would have like to see them go 6-0 in the division but they played like crap.

I think the fact the Steelers rested some guys was equal to the number of starters the Ravens were missing. It was a fair fight... they won.

Batch made a really poor decision at the end or they might have won.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
are you serious? you're speculating.

Have you brought anything to the conversation besides we suck...:lol: I'm just saying if Ben hurts his ankle worse today then it would have been really ugly next week with Batch against the Jags...

Plus its a legit question why both Woodley and Timmons have not gotten more playing time this year...Especially Woodley who has has 4 sacks this year...Playing Troy today wouldn't have done **** since he has sucked all year also...lol

yinzer
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Have you brought anything to the conversation besides we suck...:lol: I'm just saying if Ben hurts his ankle worse today then it would have been really ugly next week with Batch against the Jags...

Plus its a legit question why both Woodley and Timmons have not gotten more playing time this year...Especially Woodley who has has 4 sacks this year...Playing Troy today wouldn't have done shiat since he has sucked all year also...lol

first of all, when did i say we sucked? second, you're still speculating. IF, IF, IF, IF!!! Ben didn't play!!!! Troy didn't play!!! no more IF's!!! i know the defense played terrible but if we had our weapons in we could have at least generated some offense.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
first of all, when did i say we sucked? second, you're still speculating. IF, IF, IF, IF!!! Ben didn't play!!!! Troy didn't play!!! no more IF's!!! i know the defense played terrible but if we had our weapons in we could have at least generated some offense.

You really don't have a clue do you? I said Troy wouldn't have done **** today....So **** Troy....:lol: Playing Ben and Ward today would have accomplished what exactly? The Chargers won so they clinched the 3rd seed with a win...lol So playing Ben and Ward in a meaningless game would have been wise? If you think yes then please go away...:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Im right with ya 32, this team needed to rest the players that were hurt in a situation like this; but it still doesn't diminish the pitiful performance that we displayed through the first 3 quarters of this game. The backups get paid too and nobody showed any life or heart on this team until the 4th quarter except for maybe Charlie, Holmes, and a couple others. Overall I was completely dissapointed and embarrassed at how this team treated this game until the 4th quarter when they decided to show up.

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, I'm not going to be a Browns fan and just be glad they we are in the playoffs. We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. After starting out 3-0, we go 7-6, losses to dogshit teams like Arizona, Denver, Jets. Wobble into the playoffs by going 1-3 last four games. Home game in first round only because of help by the Bengals.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Im right with ya 32, this team needed to rest the players that were hurt in a situation like this; but it still doesn't diminish the pitiful performance that we displayed through the first 3 quarters of this game. The backups get paid too and nobody showed any life or heart on this team until the 4th quarter except for maybe Charlie, Holmes, and a couple others. Overall I was completely dissapointed and embarrassed at how this team treated this game until the 4th quarter when they decided to show up.

Oh trust me I was screaming at the tv all game...lol I'm just saying this team has had issues that were masked most of the year due to different reasons....I saw some of these issues back after the Broncos loss so I knew this team wasn't in the elite class of the NFL....But really at this point it is what it is and I'm just going to root my tail off that they win some how next Sat. night...At this point thats all I can do and hope for a kick *** off-season..lol

yinzer
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
You really don't have a clue do you? I said Troy wouldn't have done shiat today....So **** Troy....:lol: Playing Ben and Ward today would have accomplished what exactly? The Chargers won so they clinched the 3rd seed with a win...lol So playing Ben and Ward in a meaningless game would have been wise? If you think yes then please go away...:lol:

well, if you say i'm clueless then i must be... the lack of chemistry this week is the problem. we threw a bunch of scrubs into the mix and now we have to go fix everything in 6 days. having ben and hines is better than batch and reid! it's not about what seed we are. it's about carrying ourselves into the playoffs with full steam and some type of rhythm.

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I would have like to see them go 6-0 in the division but they played like crap.

I think the fact the Steelers rested some guys was equal to the number of starters the Ravens were missing. It was a fair fight... they won.

Batch made a really poor decision at the end or they might have won.

No way, Ravens O at one time had 4 rookies plaingy. And on there D, they missed there entire DBs. and no Ray Lewis. Musa was there 4th RB, and he had a field day. The field was tillted our way.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I'm not going to be a Browns fan and just be glad they we are in the playoffs. We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. After starting out 3-0, we go 7-6, losses to dogshiat teams like Arizona, Denver, Jets. Wobble into the playoffs by going 1-3 last four games. Home game in first round only because of help by the Bengals.

I agree with you big time...:lol: But getting upset and complaining isn't going to improve the football team right now....Kind of crazy that this me saying this but really I spent all my frustration weeks ago on this team...lol I'm just glad there is one more week of Steeler football...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I credit the ratbirds for playing with pride; they had zero to play for in this game otherwise and we had a potential 3 seed on the line. They did to us what we did to Cincy last year. Pride is a big thing to have on your side. Granted we didn't have players like Ben and Hines on the field and they are huge losses but still the backups get paid too and the ratbirds were full of backups tonight.

TampaSteelGirl
12-30-2007, 09:08 PM
This game didn't mean anything really, we all knew the Chargers were going to beat the Raiders and take our 3rd Seed, it wasn't worth playing Ben against this revengeful Ravens team and hurt him for the playoffs....Period! I love Troy but he can't help our Defense when the entire defense sucks right now so playing him wouldn't have made a difference at all. As far as Hines, my worry was their defense trying those "knock you on your ***" blocks Hines blasted on them last time we played them. They were gunning for Hines i'm sure. Suggs is a dirty bastard and he plays dirty. I could see him hurting Ben on purpose and then what chance would we have in the playoffs. Tomlin did the right thing by sitting our starters.
I don't understand our defense right now, i'm just speechless! But this game didn't mean a thing, we embarrassed them on Monday night football so this game without our MVP QB and WR didn't mean a thing. Who cares! We need to look forward to the playoffs. :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Ambridge
12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Ike Taylor is a waste of money.

Ike was pitiful today.
Too many up and down games for him and to look like a rookie against the Ravens reserve players is inexcuseable.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Troy wouldn't have made difference today since he hasn't made a difference all season...No INTs or sacks for Troy this year people...How people still defend him is beyond me...lol He played like crap this year and when you're the highest paid player in history of the franchise you should at least intercept one pass...lol Even Ike had 3 this year and he can't catch worth shiat..lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
This game didn't mean anything really, we all knew the Chargers were going to beat the Raiders and take our 3rd Seed, it wasn't worth playing Ben against this revengeful Ravens team and hurt him for the playoffs....Period! I love Troy but he can't help our Defense when the entire defense sucks right now so playing him wouldn't have made a difference at all. As far as Hines, my worry was their defense trying those "knock you on your ***" blocks Hines blasted on them last time we played them. They were gunning for Hines i'm sure. Suggs is a dirty bastard and he plays dirty. I could see him hurting Ben on purpose and then what chance would we have in the playoffs. Tomlin did the right thing by sitting our starters.
I don't understand our defense right now, i'm just speechless! But this game didn't mean a thing, we embarrassed them on Monday night football so this game without our MVP QB and WR didn't mean a thing. Who cares! We need to look forward to the playoffs. :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

that's what concerns me about this team. They don't get up and stay up for every game every week like elite teams in the NFL do. The Colts, Pats, hell even the Cowboys and Packers for the most part are in every game and come out with an attitude consistent week in and week out. We are not that team by a long shot right now and until we become consistent we are going struggle.

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 09:34 PM
this team isn't going anywhere ....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 09:36 PM
this team isn't going anywhere ....

Nobody is saying that they are.......:lol: But there is nothing we can do about it.....I knew after the Broncos loss this team wasn't going to make a deep run in the play-offs so I prepared for this many weeks ago...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 09:38 PM
If we can just win this coming weekend we can atleast say we did something in the playoffs..LOL. I can't imagine this team has much confidence in itself right now after going 1-3 in December, being banged up and beat up, and now has to get ready to play a playoff game against a team that out played them just a couple weeks ago.

If they don't get their minds straight and come out fired up next week it will be a short trip back home and a long offseason.

TampaSteelGirl
12-31-2007, 10:25 AM
If we can just win this coming weekend we can atleast say we did something in the playoffs..LOL. I can't imagine this team has much confidence in itself right now after going 1-3 in December, being banged up and beat up, and now has to get ready to play a playoff game against a team that out played them just a couple weeks ago.

If they don't get their minds straight and come out fired up next week it will be a short trip back home and a long offseason.

Yep definately! They've got some serious soul searching to do! You think it would make them mad each week they didn't play well. Don't know what happened to the defense. Just did a complete 360! If I was Tomlin i'd be screaming in each of their faces!! There has to be some motivation here. What's kind of sad is that, and I hate to say this, but the Browns really deserve to be here because they've played pretty well this season and continue to fight their way, we look like crap and just squeaked our way into the playoffs. I mean we looked good at the beginning of the season Thank God but we need to prove to everyone and themselves why we are in the playoffs and why we make it most years! We need to play like the great team I know we are or can be! Someone needs to step up as a leader of this team and motivate them. Ben seems to be trying but doesn't seem to be getting the respect he deserves and I don't know why!
Come on boys!! Lets play some great Steelers football this saturday!! :tt02:

Iron City South
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Of all the analysis everyone is offering, it really comes down to two rather simple observations:

1) We don't have the horses or the depth to effectively compete with the better teams in the league. Face it, we don't have the size and pathetic 2nd day drafting the past 6 years has finally caught up with us. :yesnod:

2) The current level of talent on this roster is "AVERAGE" on the whole. (now, before some of you start spouting off that this statement is BLASPHEMY because we have Ben Roeth and we have Hines Ward, etc. etc. ..... notice I said, "on the whole" Lest we not forget that the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. 5-6 above average players on a 53 man roster does not a quality team make. :yesnod:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Especially since we need to add some depth on D.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
No disagreements here either.

The day 2 drafting has been horrific in recent history. This is where Tomlin really needs to make some big additions with guys that are roll players who work into the lineup and make contributions when called upon. The starters on this team have carried us for years and now when we need the depth to step up it hasn't been able to in large part. There have been some good roll players that have stepped up again, guys like Carter, Hoke, Washington, Davenport, etc so all is not lost but we need some serious depth on the line on both sides of the ball and that should be priority one for us this offseason.

As far as the talent goes we have the key cogs in place to still be good. Players like Ben, Hines, Willie, Santonio, Heath, Washington, and on defense guys like Aaron Smith, Hampton, Taylor, Harrison, Polamalu ( yes I said Troy because he'll bounce back), Foote, Townsend...all guys that are top notch players at their positions. Depth is paramount and some new starters on the lines and this team will get back to greatness.

Having said all that we are severely undermanned on the front lines, we need better depth at WR, and we need players like McFadden to step and be counted on. We don't need an entire retooling of the team but we do need some infusion of talent in key areas.

Iron City South
12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Allow me to add some more meat to this thread by asking, did anyone listen to Ditka on Mike and Mike this morning?

Here's what Ditka had to say about the Steelers problems:

From memory, so bear with me:

...Basically when Salisbury (filling in for the vacationing M & M) started saying this Steeler team hasn't looked physical in the last month, Ditka interrupted him. Said, "it's not just that". but this is the first Steeler team that I've seen in a while that just doesn't tackle well. But he ALSO added that to him, it seems that they are playing undisciplined. The players aren't following the scheme as they should.

He also singled out the secondary in particular...the obvious being,"WHY were they biting on play action against the Pats when the Pats only run the ball 11 times a game?". He just didnt' think they were playing fundamental football and said tell they were all stymied by the lack of physical play, mental lapses, and lack of total team effort.

Interesting Note: Ditka said Wes Welker is more important than Randy Moss because his 100+ catches this year WAS the Patriots running game ( i.e., Welker's short grabs effectively replaced the need for a running game). He also said that back in the day, he would have had his LB's rough up Welker all day long. You can tell he didn't necessarily rule out an unsportsmanlike shot or two from the tone of the comment. The idea (as we all know) was to make him fear for his life.

Ditka was defending his Bears saying there was no WAY the current Pats would have lit up his Bears. He said that Hampton, Perry, McMichael, and Dent would have taken the likes of Matt Light (funny how he was not all that impressed by the pro bowler). He didn't say he would win, but he insinuated his front 7 would have won against the Pats...and then joked the final score would have been maybe 46-21 Bears.

Best I can do from memory.

I could tell Ditka was really sincere about his criticism of the Steelers D and just as confused by the total meltdown in the last few games. He stopped short of calling it "bad coaching" but you can tell that's where he was going with his comments when you're talking issues of lack of preparation, mental lapses, and undiciplined football in general.

Troyisabeast_43
12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
There were a couple of glaring things that were very noticeable about the superbowl team two years ago that this team does not have.

1 There were clearly two leaders on that team - Joey Porter and The Bus (Bettis). Somebody tell me who the clear cut learders are on this current team?

2 They had something to play for, sort of something to rally around - Jerome's last year and getting him to his first superbowl in his career during his last season in his original hometown. What is the deal for this team?

This present team has no real leaders, and someone tell me what they have to play for. Their performance shows on the field.

Porter would talk trash and back it up. The team would also have his back. Nobody talks trash on this team, and nobody will have your back if you do have something to say. Example Anthony Smith even though he could not back up anything he said or even had a right to say anything because his repatation was weak from the beginning. One thing I can say about Porter was that he was not afraid to talk trash and the people of Pittsburgh loved him for it. Even Cowher respect Joey for what he said and did. Everyone respected The Bus. It was like E. F. Hutton, Jerome would speak and everyone listen. He was a motivator himself. Who gets this team motivated? Just look at some of this teams superstars:

Ike Taylor - Constently gets burned. This guy has regressed. Now we know why Cowher benched him. With his size, he should be a shut bown corner.

Hines Ward - Solid Player but only leads buy example quitly

Troy 'P' - Solid Player but same as Hines leads by example

Farrior, Aaron Smith, Faneca, Parker, Miller, all great players but not known for locker room leaders.

Ben would seem to be the only player who may be somewhat of a leader and he is young.

People, I am a diehard fan but also a realist. This current team has some serious issues. I am a firm beliver that one of the main problems with this team is the assistant coaches. I love Coach Tomlin but his assistants are not good. Starting with the O-line coach and the offensive coordinator. Infect, I think the whole offensive staff is weak. Also the Special Teams coaches, both of them need to be gone, they are weak. If Coach 'T' is going to servive he needs to upgrade his coaching staff.

The next thing is the players. Coach Tomlin needs to force the front office to get a couple of qualified veteran Free Agents signed. And most important they need to get it right in the upcoming draft, even if they need to make a trade to get the right players. Their focus should be the Offensive Line, Wide Receiver, and D-line. But most of all, lets get Ben protected and get him receiver help, a tall fast guy!

My last thought is about this weekends playoff game. The outlook is not good, especially after watching the defensive performance against the Ravens. That was the Ravens highest point total of the year and their running game against us was off the chain. Considering the fact that stopping the running game is suppose to be our strength; with the Jaguars coming back to town we might be in trouble. Again, I'm a realist so I must say that the Steelers have five days to get it right or on Saturday night everyone on this board will be talking about what went wrong and what they need to do to fix it, and the upcoming draft!

Iron City South
12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Good post.

:plus1:

I can't find anything to argue or debate. For those that say we shouldn't need a motivational or inspirational leader, I call bullshit. When all things are equal, those are the people that teammates look to ... to provide the extra "stoke" to the fire.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
It's not bad coaching and I don't believe Ditka was referring to it in that manner. He's stating the obvious right now which is that these players are not playing up to their capabilities. We all know this team is a shell of what it was during the super bowl run and some infusion of talent at key positions will get us back to prominence. The players need to execute, period. The coaches work on tackling and preparation all week but it comes down to the guys on the field execute plain and simple.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
This is the same stuff that we've been talking about all year long, nothing has changed. This is a different team now than it was before. The days of the trash talking fired up on the field guys are gone this year. Anthony Smith is a trash talker, so is Harrison but right now neither one of them is really that big of a locker room influence at this point.

This is a different team on the field and off, Tomlin is making his mark on this team and will continue to do so but they need to just shut the hell up and play the damn game. Being on the field in an NFL game is motivation enough for anybody or atleast should be. You don't see the Pats or Colts taking the day off or event taking a half off. They show up ready to go and the players do their jobs week in and week out. That's what we need to strive to be. You only get 16 chances in a season to make your run to the playoffs and every game is crucial.