PDA

View Full Version : Pats @ Giants Game Thread

Iron City South
12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
2nd qtr ....

Giants 14 - Pats 13

Synopsis: Giants came to play.

- Refs really want the Pats to win this .... as does the NFL Channel.
- Hoping for a Kimo shot to Brady's legs
- Pats live and die by the short pass
- Would love to have Lawrence Maroney in black & gold. (yes, over Parker)

Anyone watching?

Dako
12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
switching between penn state and nfl.....really hoping the giants can beat them.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
You can see by the lack of participation in this thread that we really do hate the patriots around here :lol:

that being said the Giants are up 21-16 at halftime now and are really playing their guts out ! Keep it up!!

****in Vince Willfork is a cheap shot jackass, he intentionally tried to poke Brandon Jacobs right in the eye after the play was over !!!

BlackGold4vr
12-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Giants are playing them tough. Would love to see this unbeaten fantasy end here tonight!

Go Giants

:cope:

Iron City South
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
28 - 16 Giants ...

The G-men now making a statement ... I must say, I'm impressed with their effort. Now the crowd is getting into it.

Steelerlyn
12-29-2007, 11:32 PM
28-23 pathetic patsies are so dang lucky

Go giants!~

BlitzburghNation
12-29-2007, 11:47 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: Moss just dropped a long pass from Gady brady !

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Holy crap,,,,,,,,,He caught this one for a TD :cursin:

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 12:04 AM
After watching this game, there's absolutely no question in my mind GODdell put the word out to league officials that he wanted the Pats to win this game.

NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER ...

Invisable calls against the Giants that even left Gumball and Collinsworth at a loss for words. Pats had flagrant fouls that were right in front of the officials and they pretended not to see them.

Every week the NFL seems more and more scripted like WWF wrestling or something.

Something is very very wrong in the NFL these days. Smells bad, real bad.

MDSteel15
12-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Done deal... dumb azz G-girls :banging:

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 12:24 AM
First, there were the Cleveland Browns, then there were the Dolphins, followed by the Cowboys & 49ers... Now Its the Pats!!!!! Damn, hope the Steelers do something soon

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Something is very very wrong in the NFL these days. Smells bad, real bad.

:plus1:

I agree. Look at last weeks game with the Pats and Dolphins. Spread was 22. Patriots are up 28-0 at halftime and the game ends 28-7. How much do you think the vegas bookies made on that game? Coincidense? Hardly. :scratch:

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 01:34 AM
The NFL is looking more and more scripted (like wrestling) to maximize profits by maintaining a drama rich story-line.

IMO Kraft and his Pats organization tipifies what is wrong in this country today. Those with money and political power buy their way to the top and step on every little guy in the process until thier ultimate goal of supremacy is achieved. The deep pocket elites know full well that people can be bought. Those that crave power and profit will stop at nothing and will check their own values and integrity at the door to attain it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 01:58 AM
This whole thing just disgusts me to no end, the team with the least amount of glass, the biggest bunch of cheap shot artists this side of the Ratbirds and a city that whines more than any group ever, and cheats to boot, comes in there and pulls out a game that was coincidentally predictable.

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 02:29 AM
I love the way GODdell put the gag order on everyone NOT to talk about the scandal.

This whole "pursuit of excellence" drum that Goddell has been banging was part of the cover-up.

There's no question that after the HUGE (and make no ****ing mistake about it, it was HUGE) cheating scandal, dont you think that the NFL (Godell) completely embraced this "undefeated" storyline thing?

What better way to make the worst cheating scandal in the HISTORY OF THE ****ing NFL (possibly in pro sports) to go away, but to have the team actually go undefeated? A genious idea if we can only help it along.

This is NOT a conspiracy theory, it's merely common sense in order to protect the multi-billion dollar empire known as the NFL. When the cheating thing first went down, the NFL was in utter panic mode. They wanted every shread of evidence flown to them (they actually sent someone out to get it) and they immediately destroyed everything. So why wasnt the contents of the Pats tapes and everything else that was rounded up and destroyed released to the media??

Well, my best guess is that it carried HUGE implications, possibly Super Bowl implications and Vegas line implications which would have been catastrphic in terms of a public relations nightmare, massive revenue losses and legal damages.

How could the NFL (Goodell) get away with NOT having to explain his actions? :scratch: More importantly, how could the media let him get away with not having to explain his actions? They did nothing but pitch him softball questions the entire time which tells me they have been instructed not to talk about it if they like their job, perks that come with working in the pro sports industry, and six figure salaries.

BlitzburghNation
12-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Not much too add,,,,,,,,,:scratch:
Except these Patzeez :moon: Holes ,,,,, Really haven't accomplished crap
Unless they win it all,,,,,,,,Wouldn't it feel great,if our team knocked there :moon: out in the 2nd round of the playoffs :towelwave:

I say :bigfinger: the Patzeez !

steelersgal86
12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Not much too add,,,,,,,,,:scratch:
Except these Patzeez :moon: Holes ,,,,, Really haven't accomplished crap
Unless they win it all,,,,,,,,Wouldn't it feel great,if our team knocked there :moon: out in the 2nd round of the playoffs :towelwave:

I say :bigfinger: the Patzeez !

Yes...:tt02: that would be awsome:yellowthumb:

stillers4me
12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I love the way GODdell put the gag order on everyone NOT to talk about the scandal.

This whole "pursuit of excellence" drum that Goddell has been banging was part of the cover-up.

There's no question that after the HUGE (and make no ****ing mistake about it, it was HUGE) cheating scandal, dont you think that the NFL (Godell) completely embraced this "undefeated" storyline thing?

What better way to make the worst cheating scandal in the HISTORY OF THE ****ing NFL (possibly in pro sports) to go away, but to have the team actually go undefeated? A genious idea if we can only help it along.

This is NOT a conspiracy theory, it's merely common sense in order to protect the multi-billion dollar empire known as the NFL. When the cheating thing first went down, the NFL was in utter panic mode. They wanted every shread of evidence flown to them (they actually sent someone out to get it) and they immediately destroyed everything. So why wasnt the contents of the Pats tapes and everything else that was rounded up and destroyed released to the media??

Well, my best guess is that it carried HUGE implications, possibly Super Bowl implications and Vegas line implications which would have been catastrphic in terms of a public relations nightmare, massive revenue losses and legal damages.

How could the NFL (Goodell) get away with NOT having to explain his actions? More importantly, how could the media let him get away with not having to explain his actions? They did nothing but pitch him softball questions the entire time which tells me they have been instructed not to talk about it if they like their job, perks that come with working in the pro sports industry, and six figure salaries.

I love this post. It makes more sense than anything else I've read.

I just find it hard to believe that Dan Rooney, who has alot of clout in the NFL, agreed to go along with it. I don't think we've heard the end of all this yet, despite what Goodell wants. Hopefully, when the votes go in for Coach of the Year, the media and the other coaches will have the last laugh.

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I love this post. It makes more sense than anything else I've read.

I just find it hard to believe that Dan Rooney, who has alot of clout in the NFL, agreed to go along with it.

Personally, I don't think Goodell consulted with the owners collectively or individually. His job as Commish is to vehemently protect the NFL brand establishment at all cost and do what's in the best interest of the league as a whole. Remember, the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts.

Even if he was consulted, why wouldn't Rooney go along with it? Rooney owns one of the 32 teams that would take a massive revenue hit if the scandal were actually exposed. Each owner stood to loose tens of millions of dollars in terms of ticket sales, merchandise, corporate sponsors and marketing partnerships, etc.

StlersGuy
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Puck the Pats I can not wait to see them choke in the playoff's