PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Ravens (Wk. 17)

AZ_Steeler
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/pit.gif vs. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/bal.gif

Sunday December 30, 2007
4:15 PM EST

Team Stats and Rankings
Steelers||Ravens
1st, AFC North|Standing|4th, AFC North
331.7 ypg (17th)|Offense|299.9 ypg (23rd)
190.2 ypg (25th)|Passing|192.1 ypg (22nd)
141.5 ypg (3rd)|Rushing|107.8 ypg (18th)
261.9 ypg (1st)|Defense|304.1 ypg (7th)
Won 1|Streaks|Lost 9

There is not much left of the Steelers regular season. They have clinched the division, and they are back in the playoffs where they belong. However, with a win and a Chargers loss to the Raiders the Steelers could snag the #3 seed which means they would play either the Browns or Titans. Regardless though it doesn't matter because the game will be played in Pittsburgh.

The Ravens have sunk to a new low by losing their last 9. This goes to show that last year was obviously a fluke and was kind of the last gasp from a team that is aging quickly. The Ravens have 6 starters on IR so things aren't looking to good for them right now and the stars are aligning quite nicely for the Steelers to complete their Revenge Tour Act II. The last time these two teams met the Steelers had the game decided at halftime and called off the dogs in the second half and cruised to a 38-7 victory. From my records I would say another 20 some points and a shutout by the "D" would complete the tour quite nicely.

The Steelers have a lot of injuries themselves but the backups, well most of the backups, have filled in quite nicely. The biggest loss is probably going to be Marvel Smith at LT. If Starks can be half as good as Smith was then the Steelers might have a decent chance. Can't really say much more about this game except pray for no injuries, a victory and let's move on to the playoffs!!!

Join us this Monday night here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!!!! :tt02:

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

catlabman
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to the game! Hopefully we will sweep the ravens like we did the browns and the bengals. When was the last time the Steelers swept all 3 teams in their divison?:scratch:

Captcoolhand
12-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I sure would rather have the 3rd seed than the 4th but at least we did better than the Cards.:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I just love this stat right now! :bwah:

Team Stats and Rankings
Steelers||Ravens
Won 1|Streaks|Lost 9

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Team Stats and Rankings
Steelers||Ravens
Won 1|Streaks|Lost 9

I smell 10.

BlitzburghNation
12-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Team Stats and Rankings
Steelers||Ravens
Won 1|Streaks|Lost 9

Let's keep that streak going ~~~~ :tt02:

black an gold 4 life
12-28-2007, 05:42 PM
yea but stats don't matter when these 2 teams play,our running game should b better and i think were going 2 b very pleasant surprise at how well charlie manages the game, dare i say the score will 38 -14 the 5x superbowl champions com out on yop again lolgo steelers............................we swept them n 2002 we should do the same an go undefeated n our division..........we need 2 go n2 the playoffs on an high note

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
This game is going to be Heinz Field south on sunday, nobody wants to go to this game if they are a Ratbird fan :bwah:

steelersgal86
12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Finally....a game that is actually on TV here!!!

:towelwave::gs::towelwave:

catlabman
12-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Here's my predictions for the game on sunday: Pittsburgh wins 34 - 17.
Batch throws 2 TD and 1 int. and throws for 270 yds.
Here we go STEELERS, Here we GO!!! Let's finish off this season with a BANG!! and put the Ravens in their place. (4th):cope::greenbounce2:

catlabman
12-30-2007, 03:11 PM
2 hours 5 min. till game time!! I'm at work so I'll have to check the computer here to see updates on the game. I'm recording the game at home to watch later, hope it's a good one!
Let's Go Steelers - 11-5!!:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be at a local bar watching most of this game so ya'll have fun here in the game thread !

DOWN WITH THE RATBRIDS !!!

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
willie ried= another first day cowher bust

****ing start ben for the first drive and then pull him, he's never gonna play a full 16 games

BlackGold4vr
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Betcha some of you are just now starting to appreciate Allen Rossum! :banging:

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:18 PM
jags are gonna **** us up......

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
no matter who is sitting, their is no excuse for letting that bum of a qb troy smith throw on you

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
We cant stop that Ohio sTATE BUM

catlabman
12-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, Reid screwed up already, Put Rossum in!!!!!!!!

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
why did we come to the game?? it's obvious they don't care about winning, might as well sit all the starters

Troyisabeast_43
Awful start here once again on the road no excuse for this ****.

portcityblackandgold
We have no fire on defense or offense

catlabman
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
What are we doing? Just lying there waiting for the ravens to walk on us?
We've got to get something going now. Where's the Defense?

catlabman
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Take Reid out, he can't hold the ball. This is going to be a disgrace! Come on Steelers!!!

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
dookie is so soft, fell back a yard by being touched by his own guy

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
it's sad that a scrub ravens defense is manhandling our starting oline

Koopa
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
d-sep evening kicking like a bum.......it's sad when you go out and play like ****, have some respect for the game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree koopa, this is the most uninspired play I've seen in a long time from this team...they act like they'd rather be anywhere than on the field today..what a bunch of **** !

im headed out to the bar to finish watching the game but they better step this **** up !

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Tomlin just does not have this team ever ready to play on the road it seems like no matter who they play. He really really lacks something there in that department its just happening way too much so far this season and its inexcusable. SD and Oak are tied right now so Tomlin had better wake the **** up and try and win this game.

Infern0
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Couldn't have said it better.

Infern0
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Pathetic defense on that run.

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
This game is over at this point how the **** are we gonna score 17 points with Charlie Batch in this game. This is a complete and utter disaster here so far. The Steelers can get this 3 seed still SD and Oakland are in a tough game and Tomlin completely failed today in getting this team ready to play its a joke.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 06:01 PM
We can kiss this #3 seed goodbye now...it looks like somebody forgot to tell to the players we had a game today. If Batch doesn't lead this team on a scoring drive right now and stop the bleeding, it's over.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2007, 06:02 PM
We don't deserve the 3 seed, this team doesn't deserve anything but an *** beating from somebody who actually wants to play today.

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 06:02 PM
LOL @ this team! 4th string RB running roughshod on our 1st team. LOL! We can start planning for the draft.

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Tunch just mentioned that the defense came off the field yelling at each other and started pointing fingers at each other. So much for team comaraderie.

Infern0
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
I want to line up every man on the O line and individually torture them.

catlabman
12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Just checked in...WTF. Are they even playing!! They had better get something going and act like a playoff team. The Jags are going to have us for dinner in the first round. Come on STEELERS, play like your in the playoffs!!:banging:

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
This Steelers D today looks awful they cant stop 3rd downs,they cant stop the run, their getting pushed around big time on both sides of the ball. If they dont correct this for next week its gonna be good bye season.

Koopa
12-30-2007, 07:24 PM
there's nothing really to fix other then their heart, if they actually came to play we'd be winning, but you can tell know one gives a **** becasue it was obvious that they couldn't get the number 3 seed becasue the chargers are playing the raiders

but the season is over, with soft as **** davenport as our starter we ain't gonna do **** against the jags

Koopa
12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
our oline is garbage

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
why did we come to the game?? it's obvious they don't care about winning, might as well sit all the starters

Sit the starters? They are, I say sit them next week. I'd rather lose next week with our backups than our starters.

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Anybody still like Anthony Smith?

Koopa
12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
timmons making an impact on speical teams

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Way to fight back here down 27-14 and getting the onside kick lets make this a game maybe.

Iron City South
12-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Just got in fellas .... all I can say is , "Pure slop" .... Regardless of this late comeback attempt, this is not a good football team. They're very average at best. My guess is that we're not going deep into the playoffs. Big off-season changes need to happen for us to effectively compete with the leagues elite again.

Tomlin deserves a good deal of my criticism of this team. They are not focused nor are they prepared. They haven't been for over a month now.

I have watched the last 3 or 4 pats games and I've noticed that Belichick is constantly talking to his defense after each series. Why do I feel that Tomlin is just taking up space on the sideline? He looks totally disinterested at times and his team is absolutely reflecting that attitude, and not just today, but for at leats the last 5-6 games!

I'm beginning to like Tomlin less and less. This team is getting worse as the year goes on. What the hell do they do all week in practice???

Koopa
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
there's batch for you, can't come through in the clutch, i don't get why these faggot qbs we have don't just run, why the **** do you always want to pick it up in one ****ing play, get the first down and spike it or run out of bounds.........faggot *** hoe

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Look how we lost to the Ravens! Tomlin is a joke. Big Ben is a sissy. We wont go far in the palyoffs. Our season, franchise, and past history is a joke. We aren't the great franchise that all these bafoons on this website fantisize about!

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM
we SUCK

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
we suck. right now, we couldn't beat the Dolphins

SteelerNut
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
not some bafoon complimentary hire

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Just got in fellas .... all I can say is , "Pure slop" .... Regardless of this late comeback attempt, this is not a good football team. They're very average at best. My guess is that we're not going deep into the playoffs. Big off-season changes need to happen for us to effectively compete with the leagues elite again.

Tomlin deserves a good deal of my criticism of this team. They are not focused nor are they prepared. They haven't been for over a month now.

I have watched the last 3 or 4 pats games and I've noticed that Belichick is constanting talking to his defense after each series. Why do I feel that Tomlin is just taking up space on the sideline? He looks totally disinterested at times and his team is absolutely reflecting that attitude, and not just today, but for at leats the last 5-6 games!

I'm beginning to like Tomlin less and less. This team is getting worse as the year goes on. What the hell do they do all week in practice???

I really started liking Tomlin less and less after the Broncos game....Then the Jets loss really put me over the edge with Mike.....I'm willing to cut him slack since he is a rookie HC.....But I agree with many of your points....

Troyisabeast_43
12-30-2007, 08:58 PM

I have watched the last 3 or 4 pats games and I've noticed that Belichick is constanting talking to his defense after each series. Why do I feel that Tomlin is just taking up space on the sideline? He looks totally disinterested at times and his team is absolutely reflecting that attitude, and not just today, but for at leats the last 5-6 games!

I agree with everything you said regarding Tomlin right now he definitely lacks something especially when this team goes on the road. They have continually not gotten better with each and every road performance. I dont know whether its lack of focus or whatever but the bottom line is its happening way too much and Tomlin needs to start taking more heat then he was early on in the season for it.