PDA

View Full Version : Nate is coming along,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
12-27-2007, 03:12 AM
IMO Nate Washington is starting to come into his own and he's developing into a Quality #3 for us,,,,,,, :tt02:
I was really inpressed with his catches in the RAM game ~~~~ :clap:

Especially this one ------- :bigthumb:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/Steeler%20Pics/NatesTDCatch.jpg

Ambridge
12-27-2007, 05:12 AM
I think the jury is still out on Nate and for a third year player he drops way too many passes.

steelersgal86
12-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Yes, he does drop alot....but I do agree he has been doing better :greenbounce2:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2007, 06:00 AM
I think the jury is still out on Nate and for a third year player he drops way too many passes.

That's my only beef with the guy is that he's inconsistent. How much of that is being cold off the bench or whatever is anybody's guess but all I know is no matter what position you are on the depth chart you have to come through when called upon. Nate makes some spectacular catches but follows them up with a drop right in his hands. I think this year he's gotten a lot better so I give him credit for that. He's a FA next year I think so I guess we'll see how much confidence Tomlin has in him.

Friday133
12-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Usually receivers mature by their 3rd year in the league, but maybe Nate needs an extra year because he came from such a small school. He's not Jerry Rice ya know.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2007, 08:59 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/Steeler%20Pics/NatesTDCatch.jpg

that was a great catch, he basically caught it with one hand as he was going down to the ground !

AZ_Steeler
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
To me he doesn't seem to be as physical as a Ward or Holmes :dunno: That was one great game from him but that they have played 14 other games... where was he for those 14 others?

GoBenGo
12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Great Pic !! that was an amazing catch, getting mugged while catching with one hand...I agree , Top, he make some swannlike catches, but has trouble with the ones on his numbers...IMO, this will improve with more reps...but drops don't equal more reps...kid of a catch22 , so to speak...if he can get the easy sheet down, I believe he can be a true #3 or co-#2 wr... a genuine middle, deep threat...maybe it is practice reps even... Big throws a pretty stiff ball...I could attribute a few drops( HW's included) to the ball overpowering the reciever, know what I mean...

black an gold 4 life
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
nates job is 2 catch the catchable balls throwned his way,i'm glad he's finally doing his job but the jury is still out on this cat..................

steelcitysfinestXL
12-27-2007, 01:24 PM
He's has the skills to be a good #2 or a GREAT "Stokely like" #3... when he learns to catch consistantly. He doesnt have the heart of ward, you can tell santonio is starting to mold himself after hines in that respect!!! Nate is a lil soft in the middle of the field. But he has AMAZING speed and can get vertivle on most anyone in this league... i'd say gove him atleast one more year!!!! Maybe we can get a good WR in the draft to push him to succeed!!!!

Iron City South
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Nate Mays (ie, Lee Mays) will NEVER be a #2 in this league. Teams that want to win don't select undrafted players out of colleges like Tiffin to be their #2 man ...

He'll always be a servicable #3 or #4 ....

Stlrs4Life
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know, I always likled Nate. Some of the throws to him weren't the greatest. I still have hope for the guy. I don't expect him to be a Jerry Rice.

BB2W
12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
I really root for Nate because he's from Tiffin who recruits a lot of my high school alums, but I think we could improve at the third receiver spot.

The funny thing about Nate is he'll make the circus cathes and drop perfect throws. :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Resign Nate but still draft a WR early in this draft....Everybody talks about finding a 3rd WR...Not only do we need a WR for that reason...But Hines Ward isn't getting any younger and he has battled injuries the last few seasons....So we need depth period....I'm happy with Nate and I hope he continues to improve though...

Iron City South
12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
What the Steelers need is a legit #2 .... a physical, big bodied WR that knows how to use his size. Someone like Braylen Edwards. Once we get that #2 man we put him opposite Holmes and put Ward exclusively in the slot in his remaining years. Ward can do the most damage from the slot.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2007, 08:47 PM
What the Steelers need is a legit #2 .... a physical, big bodied WR that knows how to use his size. Someone like Braylen Edwards. Once we get that #2 man we put him opposite Holmes and put Ward exclusively in the slot in his remaining years. Ward can do the most damage from the slot.

James Hardy from IU would be nice....:bigthumb:

BB2W
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
James Hardy from IU would be nice....:bigthumb::pray:

Prolly won't happen...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Resign Nate but still draft a WR early in this draft....Everybody talks about finding a 3rd WR...Not only do we need a WR for that reason...But Hines Ward isn't getting any younger and he has battled injuries the last few seasons....So we need depth period....I'm happy with Nate and I hope he continues to improve though...

It's hard to believe Ward has been in the league for so long and given how long it seems to take us to develop WR's I agree with you we should be looking for some good players at this position starting this year, some legit prospects and not some scrub guys on day 2 that won't make the roster.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2007, 08:56 PM
:pray:

Prolly won't happen...

Thats what I said in 2004 about Big Ben...I was hoping and praying he would fall to 11....I didn't think he would fall...I thought for sure the Giants were taking him at 4 or the Browns at 7 that year....

So I hope Hardy falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round...lol

BB2W
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Thats what I said in 2004 about Big Ben...I was hoping and praying he would fall to 11....I didn't think he would fall...I thought for sure the Giants were taking him at 4 or the Browns at 7 that year....

So I hope Hardy falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round...lollol... Sounds nice.

Ben was like a 1 in 3 chance we get him... Hardy is about 1 in 64. :greengrin:

DIESELMAN
12-27-2007, 09:02 PM

:bigthumb: Most definitely someone who is going to be a handful. I think Plexiglass left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth as far as having a big WR. Having a 3rd receiver for defenses to be worried about would open things up quite a bit.