PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2007 MVP.....

DIESELMAN
12-26-2007, 06:59 PM
JAMES HARRISON!!!!!
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

Steelers linebacker James Harrison was the surprise winner of the Steelers' 2007 Most Valuable Player award. Teammates passed on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to vote Harrison, the team's best pass-rusher, their MVP.
Harrison, a first-year starter, was named a starting outside linebacker on AFC’s 2008 Pro Bowl squad for his outstanding play during the regular season. Through 15 games he leads all Steelers with 8.5 sacks and six forced fumbles. He has 73 tackles (61 solo), one interception and two recovered fumbles. Harrison is also tied for second on the Steelers with 12 special teams tackles (nine solo).
Harrison is the first Steelers linebacker since James Farrior (2004) to be selected by his teammates as the club’s most valuable player. His selection represents the 14th time a linebacker has been selected Steelers MVP since 1969. During that time, 10 different linebackers received the honor, including three players ? Jack Lambert (1976, ’81), Greg Lloyd (’91, ’94) and Levon Kirkland (’98, ’99) ? who were each selected twice.

Captcoolhand
12-26-2007, 07:09 PM
You can't argue the facts the guy was/is a beast. Even the last couple of years on the sidelines he showed that streak of "take No Bullshit attitude".:yesnod:

LarryNJ
12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow, Congrats to James! I would've bet a pay check on it going to Ben though.

catlabman
12-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Way to go Harrison, you deserve it!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Hell yeah Silverback !! :hail: :hail: The dude is just a freekin monster! It's nice to see the team recognize him for all the effort he put forth this year. You could easily make an argument for Ben getting it of course, even Hines too with the records he set but Harrison deserves it.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I call horse **** on this big time....How in the hell is Big Ben not the MVP of the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers? I ask you who is more important? Imagine this team without Big Ben?

I'm not saying James Harrison didn't have a good season....He had a really good year this year...But Big Ben is the MVP of this team....The Steelers wouldn't have sniffed the play-offs without Big Ben.....

DIESELMAN
12-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I call horse shiat on this big time....How in the hell is Big Ben not the MVP of the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers? I ask you who is more important? Imagine this team without Big Ben?

I'm not saying James Harrison didn't have a good season....He had a really good year this year...But Big Ben is the MVP of this team....The Steelers wouldn't have sniffed the play-offs without Big Ben.....

Actually your supposed to call Bullshit not Horseshit :haha: Its the players that voted bro, he's been the heart and soul of the defense just like Ben has been for the offense. Could've went either way.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Actually your supposed to call Bullshiat not Horseshiat :haha: Its the players that voted bro, he's been the heart and soul of the defense just like Ben has been for the offense. Could've went either way.....

I know the players vote...But the players are wrong....:lol: Sorry but this team isn't close to play-off material without Big Ben...I don't think its close at all on who the MVP of this team is this year....Harrison had a good season...Big Ben had a special season in which he broke franchise records and without a OL...lol

DIESELMAN
12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I know the players vote...But the players are wrong....:lol: Sorry but this team isn't close to play-off material without Big Ben...I don't think its close at all on who the MVP of this team is this year....Harrison had a good season...Big Ben had a special season in which he broke franchise records and without a OL...lol

Yeah Ben is having a phenomenal season, no doubt about it. Tell that to Silverback.....:greengrin:

Iron City South
12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm at a loss for words on this one .... Total smack in the face to Ben Roeth. I'm actually getting worried that he might not want to stay in Pittsburgh.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah Ben is having a phenomenal season, no doubt about it. Tell that to Silverback.....:greengrin:

I like James Harrison but he is a having a good season.....Hell you take his performance against the Ravens away and its not even a good season...lol Almost half of his 8 sacks were in that game....lol I could see if Harrison had 12 or 14 sacks at this point....lol But he doesn't.....

Now I'm not mad at you so don't take anything the wrong way...But Ben's fellow mates slapped him in the face with this one...lol I'm actually pissed at the rest of this team now....lol They better at least win two play-off games now with disrespecting the franchise Ben Roethlisberger......

DIESELMAN
12-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I like James Harrison but he is a having a good season.....Hell you take his performance against the Ravens away and its not even a good season...lol Almost half of his 8 sacks were in that game....lol I could see if Harrison had 12 or 14 sacks at this point....lol But he doesn't.....

Now I'm not mad at you so don't take anything the wrong way...But Ben's fellow mates slapped in the face with this one...lol I'm actually pissed at the rest of this team now....lol They better at least win two play-off games now with disrespecting the franchise Ben Roethlisberger......

Can't nobody ruffle my feathers bro....your right Ben should've gotten the MVP, all I'm sayin is there are 53 men in that locker room and thats who they voted for. I wonder what the atmosphere is like in there? :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Can't nobody ruffle my feathers bro....your right Ben should've gotten the MVP, all I'm sayin is there are 53 men in that locker room and thats who they voted for. I wonder what the atmosphere is like in there? :dunno:

I just didn't want you to think I was mad at you or anything...I was just shocked by this thats all and it kind of threw me for a loop....I don't think Ben will ever get the credit he deserves especially when his fellow team mates don't even respect him...lol

Congrats to James Harrison...I really like the guy but Ben is my MVP....:lol:

Stairwayto7
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I call horse shiat on this big time....How in the hell is Big Ben not the MVP of the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers? I ask you who is more important? Imagine this team without Big Ben?

Actually I agree! Ben is the MVP! Without Harrison we would have to rely on our top draft picks from this season! And the defense would not have been as good! Without Ben our offense would have sucked! Ben is the MOST Valuable player!

steelersgal86
12-27-2007, 05:21 AM
:clap::clap: Congrats!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm at a loss for words on this one .... Total smack in the face to Ben Roeth. I'm actually getting worried that he might not want to stay in Pittsburgh.

Ben knows this team needs him and knows how much he is appreciated. Hell he gets the limelight every week in the press and the media in general pretty much loves him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem with not being the MVP, I mean look at it this way..every year every NFL team that makes the playoffs could say that they didn't get there if it wasn't for their QB so it's not just for the guy who is the QB but rather the players just think sometimes another teammate should get it. Sometimes they give it to a player who overrcomes adversity, comes back from an injury, etc. James was replacing Joey Porter, a big time leader on the team and he came through great. That's a lot of pressure to put on a guy that was cut twice by the team he's on now and cut another time by the Ratbirds.

Ya'll are reading way too much into this ...LOL

Here is a list of all the team MVP's since 1969: How many times do you see a QB on this list??? The point is that it's not common place for the team to vote a QB the MVP because they could do that every year so they normally go with another player. I mean for pete sake Terry Bradshaw only made the team MVP twice and he was pretty darn important to the team the last time I checked.

1970 DT Joe Greene

1971 LB Andy Russell

1972 RB Franco Harris

1973 WR Ron Shanklin

1974 S Glen Edwards

1975 CB Mel Blount

1976 LB Jack Lambert

1977 QB Terry Bradshaw

1978 QB Terry Bradshaw

1979 WR John Stallworth

1980 SS Donnie Shell

1981 LB Jack Lambert

1982 CB Dwayne Woodruff

1983 PK Gary Anderson

1984 WR John Stallworth

1985 WR Louis Lipps

1986 LB Bryan Hinkle

1987 LB Mike Merriweather

1988 LB David Little

CB Rod Woodson

1989 WR Louis Lipps

1990 CB Rod Woodson

1991 LB Greg Lloyd

1992 RB Barry Foster

1993 CB Rod Woodson

1994 LB Greg Lloyd

1995 QB Neil O'Donnell

1996 RB Jerome Bettis

1997 RB Jerome Bettis

1998 LB Levon Kirkland

1999 LB Levon Kirkland

2000 RB Jerome Bettis

2001 QB Kordell Stewart

2002 WR Hines Ward

LB Joey Porter

2003 WR Hines Ward

2004 LB James Farrior

2005 NT Casey Hampton

WR Hines Ward

2006 RB Willie Parker

2007 LB James Harrison

BlitzburghNation
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Congrats to the silverback,,,,,,,,, :clap:

Wonder if Big Ben voted for him ~~~ :haha:
Agreed, Ben does deserve the MVP though,,,,,, :towelwave:

AZ_Steeler
12-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Congrats to Harrison! :clap:

There is probably just more defensive minded people on the roster than the offensive side of the ball :bigthumb:

Prosdo
12-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Harrison definitely deserved the honor. He stepped up huge and made all the Steelers doubters say Joey Porter who. lol

BB2W
12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Ben got robbed.

Harrison would need at least 12+ sacks to compare to what Ben did this year, IMO. The forced fumbles are great and all, but... :scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Harrison only had one double digit sack game and that was the Ravens game....3.5 of his 8 sacks this year came in that game....Ben was robbed big time...

BB2W
12-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Harrison only had one double digit sack game and that was the Ravens game....3.5 of his 8 sacks this year came in that game....Ben was robbed big time...Makes you wonder what his teammates think of him. :dunno:

I hope Ben, Willie, and Ward just split the offensive votes... guys tend to vote for those that play on their side of the ball.