PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's Season Put in Perspective

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 11:55 PM
We all know Ben has had a great year.....Whats even more amazing is the season he has had behind this terrible OL.....Big Ben doesn't get the time in the pocket like other top QBs enjoy across the NFL.....There is only one other QB in the NFL sacked more then Ben Roethlisberger this year and that is Jon Kitna of the Detroit Lions....Big Ben has been sacked 47 times...one more then last year.....

Despite that Ben has thrown 32 TD passes and counting this year in which he broke Terry Bradshaw's single season record...Ben also has ran for two scores which he has contributed in 34 TDs this year...Another Steelers record....Back in 1997 Kordell Stewart had 21 TD passes and he ran for another 11 giving him 32.......

Ben also has thrown for 3,154 yards this year....Which is only the 8th time a Steelers QB has thrown for 3000 yards in a season.....Peyton Manning has more 4000 yards season in his career then Steelers QBs have had 3000 yard seasons....:lol:

Ben also tied the franchise record with most TD passes in a single game and also tied the franchise record with 15 straight pass completions....

Ben's QB rating this year is 104.1 which breaks his own record of 98.6 which he set back in 2005....

Just imagine how good he can be if ever gets the time in the pocket that a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning enjoys?

BlitzburghNation
12-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Agreed,,,,,,,,If Ben had the time Brady & Manning did,We can only imagine !

Just wonder how brady & Manning would've done running for there lives like
Big Ben has Most of the season :scratch:

catlabman
12-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Brady and Manning wouldn't make it running out of the pocket like BEN!
Once we get an O line set...We'll be unstoppable, well, we need a consistent defense also. Ben will put up some great numbers next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2007, 09:09 AM
He also tied Peyton Manning for the most games with a perfect QB rating, 158.3 I think is the magic number.

Ben is just a freek, the sky is the limit for this guy and considering what's he's had to work with for blocking this year and how many times he's scrambled to keep drives alive it makes it even more amazing. If he had a line to kept him from getting sacked even half the amount of times he's been down this year just imagine what could have been even more!

Silverback 92
12-26-2007, 09:50 AM
All we need is a O-Line...

Infern0
12-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, an Offensive line would be nice. Do you think we will keep ours and make some adjustments or start anew? I really think that Faneca is being dragged down by the likes of his peers.

Stlrs4Life
12-26-2007, 11:13 AM
:plus1: No doubt.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Considering the quality of QB's coming out of college the year that Ben was drafted and all the craziness that surrounded Rivers & Manning; we got the best of the 3 hands down, no question about it IMO.

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I hope we can get Ben the O-line he deserves. The guy is just getting scary good.........and he's all ours! (fingers crossed on that contract stuff).

AZ_Steeler
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Hopefully the O-line can be fixed this offseason... I think there are really just a couple of spots that need to be fixed and the other guys will fall into place with who's on the roster now.

Ben is definitely something special... let's hope he can stick around for many more year!

MDSteel15
12-26-2007, 01:06 PM
If we get an O-line that can pass protect and seal up Ben's contract, he's on his way to Canton! Easily the best QB of that draft.