PDA

View Full Version : Bold predicition for this Sunday...

Troyisabeast_43
12-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Now many of you are going to think Im nuts for saying this but Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the Oakland Raiders will beat the Chargers in Oakland this Sunday and the Steelers will beat the Ravens therefore giving the Steelers the number 3 seed over San Diego in the playoffs and making the road to the Super Bowl to start out with a bit easier at least for the first 2 games. The Raiders even though they are 4-11 this year so far have played very well at home this year and have been in every single game. You combine that with playing a division rival in the Chargers this week and the Chargers I feel who are due for a letdown this week and a loss it has the makings for a Raiders upset. But mark it down and hold me too it and keep this thread I came on here all week last week and said the Bengals would upset the Browns and help the Steelers out, the same thing will happen this week the Raiders will upset the Chargers you heard it here first.

DIESELMAN
12-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Now many of you are going to think Im nuts for saying this but Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the Oakland Raiders will beat the Chargers in Oakland this Sunday and the Steelers will beat the Ravens therefore giving the Steelers the number 3 seed over San Diego in the playoffs and making the road to the Super Bowl to start out with a bit easier at least for the first 2 games. The Raiders even though they are 4-11 this year so far have played very well at home this year and have been in every single game. You combine that with playing a division rival in the Chargers this week and the Chargers I feel who are due for a letdown this week and a loss it has the makings for a Raiders upset. But mark it down and hold me too it and keep this thread I came on here all week last week and said the Bengals would upset the Browns and help the Steelers out, the same thing will happen this week the Raiders will upset the Chargers you heard it here first.

Gutsy prediction, but after watching SD's D tonite, I wouldn't hold my breath. Russell is supposed to start in that game, unless he somehow manages to get it together for SD, I don't see it happening.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2007, 12:29 AM
If that happens we'll all be happy. The Raiders just got dismantled this past sunday so hopefully they are looking to redeem themselves, play the spoiler role, and finish out the season with a win.

Either way we have 1 game at Heinz and then it's on the road. The be the best you have to beat the best.

Troyisabeast_43
12-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Gutsy prediction, but after watching SD's D tonite, I wouldn't hold my breath. Russell is supposed to start in that game, unless he somehow manages to get it together for SD, I don't see it happening.

I just feel with this being a short week for SD playing a Monday night game and Rivers possibly not being healthy and maybe not even playing that the Raiders have a decent shot in this game whether Russell plays or not. The Raiders have played very well at home this year as I mentioned and have been in every single game they have played this year at the Black Hole. They know they will have a chance to stick it to San Diego too big time if they should beat them and make their road in the playoffs a lot tougher. Norv Turner I just feel is too inconsistent and while he and the Chargers have won 5 in a row I feel they are way overdue for a loss and just my gut instinct so far is telling me the Raiders are going to upset the Chargers just like my gut instinct was telling me this past week that the Bengals were going to upset the Browns. Trust me a lot of people are going to give the Raiders no chance to win this game against SD just like they did with the Bengals having no chance to beat the Browns.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

If that happens we'll all be happy. The Raiders just got dismantled this past sunday so hopefully they are looking to redeem themselves, play the spoiler role, and finish out the season with a win.

Either way we have 1 game at Heinz and then it's on the road. The be the best you have to beat the best.

The bottom line here is make your road to the Super Bowl as easy as possible. If your the 3 seed you have the Browns/Titans first then the Colts next instead of the Jags first and the Pats next. Avoid the Pats as long as possible and let somebody like the Jags who I feel can beat the Pats and maybe get rid of them before you would have a chance to play them. The Jags would play the Pats first because I think if they do play SD in the wildcard game they will beat them and then assuming the Steelers do win their game the Jags would get the Pats and maybe they somehow upset them for you and the Steelers beat the Colts and then the AFC Title game is here in Pittsburgh. This is the playoffs and you just never ever know anything can happen. Ive been watching playoffs games for over 20 years now and I have seen enough goofy crazy things to know that anything is possible.

DIESELMAN
12-25-2007, 12:43 AM
I just feel with this being a short week for SD playing a Monday night game and Rivers possibly not being healthy and maybe not even playing that the Raiders have a decent shot in this game whether Russell plays or not. The Raiders have played very well at home this year as I mentioned and have been in every single game they have played this year at the Black Hole. They know they will have a chance to stick it to San Diego too big time if they should beat them and make their road in the playoffs a lot tougher. Norv Turner I just feel is too inconsistent and while he and the Chargers have won 5 in a row I feel they are way overdue for a loss and just my gut instinct so far is telling me the Raiders are going to upset the Chargers just like my gut instinct was telling me this past week that the Bengals were going to upset the Browns. Trust me a lot of people are going to give the Raiders no chance to win this game against SD just like they did with the Bengals having no chance to beat the Browns.
Even if Rivers doesn't play they have a decent backup in Volek, plus the fact Oakland is 31st in the league against the run, I see LT having a pretty damn good game carrying the O on his shoulders. Like I said, gutsy prediction but I don't see Norv being any kind of factor in this one.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm sure the Chargers rather play the Titans or Browns instead of the Jags in the first round...So I'm sure they will be ready to play this Sunday....I also don't think the Raiders stand a chance with Russell making his first NFL start....

Troyisabeast_43
12-25-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm sure the Chargers rather play the Titans or Browns instead of the Jags in the first round...So I'm sure they will be ready to play this Sunday....I also don't think the Raiders stand a chance with Russell making his first NFL start....

They have a chance win or lose this will be a very good game. SD has been up and down all year and have had some bad losses this season. SD should win this game and Im sure everybody is going to pick them to win this game but by no means is it a mortal lock I think.

DIESELMAN
12-25-2007, 12:50 AM
They have a chance win or lose this will be a very good game. SD has been up and down all year and have had some bad losses this season. SD should win this game and Im sure everybody is going to pick them to win this game but by no means is it a mortal lock I think.

Like I always say....."On any Given Sunday".....If anyone is due to fall, its the ****ing Patsies!!!!! :postal:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 12:56 AM

Well see....I think the Chargers win big.....by double digits.....

BlitzburghNation
12-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I agree,,,,,,,,,, Oakland will win ~~~~Chargers will sit there starters :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Unless the Chargers pull their starters, mainly LT and Rivers I don't think the Raiders have a chance. That being said it is a divisional game and those always have the potential to be close.

Nobody really wants to play the Jags right now because they are the hot team lately. They beat us up so I'd love to knock them out of the playoffs but damn it would be a tough task so we better come in with a punch you in your ****in mouth attitude and stick it to em right off the bat if that's who we play.

catlabman
12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Very Gutsy Troyisabeast, I hope it happens that way. Steelers can take the browns or the titans, I also think they can take the Colts. Then the Pats...I would like for the Steelers to get the #3 seed back. Go Raiders.

Black and Gold 4ever!!! Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!:cope:

Troyisabeast_43
12-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Unless the Chargers pull their starters, mainly LT and Rivers I don't think the Raiders have a chance. That being said it is a divisional game and those always have the potential to be close.

Nobody really wants to play the Jags right now because they are the hot team lately. They beat us up so I'd love to knock them out of the playoffs but damn it would be a tough task so we better come in with a punch you in your ****in mouth attitude and stick it to em right off the bat if that's who we play.

I just think the Chargers are due for a bad game and combined that with the Raiders play better at home this season and have been in every game and dont forget they almost beat the Colts 2 weeks ago coming 10 yards away on 4th down from tying the game with 2 minutes left I think they have a chance to beat the Chargers this week. If they dont then bring on the Jags next weekend here in the playoffs, and then hopefully the Titans or Browns knock off the Chargers the week after that so we can see the Colts and not the Pats the next game. Should be a fun weekend to watch and see what happens.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 12:34 PM
To be honest I want the Steelers to take the toughest route in the play-offs....I think the Browns or Titans would be a cake walk for this team.....If they could beat the Jags then I would feel much better about this team in the play-offs since the Jags are a very good team and are physical.....Even if they have to play the Pats the next week then so be it.....What ever happens I'm just glad to see a Steelers play-off game this year....

But Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A good buddy of mine is a die-hard Raiders fan so he needs something to look forward to next year...Russell winning his first start would be huge for that team....

DIESELMAN
12-25-2007, 12:52 PM
To be honest I want the Steelers to take the toughest route in the play-offs....

:plus1: No doubt.....Beating the tough Jags would make us that much tougher and confident going into the 2nd round.

But Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A good buddy of mine is a die-hard Raiders fan so he needs something to look forward to next year...Russell winning his first start would be huge for that team....

Tell your buddy, he's got another top 10 pick in the draft to look forward to :lol: :banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 02:45 PM
:plus1: No doubt.....Beating the tough Jags would make us that much tougher and confident going into the 2nd round.

Tell your buddy, he's got another top 10 pick in the draft to look forward to :lol: :banana:

He is use to having those top picks lately....lol He is a diehard fan though...He has liked the Raiders since he was a little kid....

black an gold 4 life
12-25-2007, 04:02 PM
if the steelers don't shore up there weaknesses, there will b no superbowl this year doesn't mean it's all over 4 the black an gold, we had an decent year, new coach some what of an new system,things r looking up 4 us, we had more than our share of injuries this year...................but we will regroup an b better much better next year i'm just glad we won the division again

Troyisabeast_43
12-25-2007, 05:06 PM
if the steelers don't shore up there weaknesses, there will b no superbowl this year doesn't mean it's all over 4 the black an gold, we had an decent year, new coach some what of an new system,things r looking up 4 us, we had more than our share of injuries this year...................but we will regroup an b better much better next year i'm just glad we won the division again

I agree with you Mike Tomlin has earned a passing grade for his first year as the Steelers coach. He has won the division which many people before the season did not expect him to win, he has won 10-11 games in his first year which isnt bad at all, and has earned a home playoff game in the first round of the playoffs. If Tomlin can win a playoff game and get to the divisional round and even if he loses to Indy or the Pats the season will still be a success because nobody will give the Steelers a chance in hell to beat either one of those teams on the road in the divisional round.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Tomlin has earned a passing grade for this year I'll agree with that. He came into a situation unlike what most new coaches come into. He walked into a team full of current and previous pro bowlers, a team that is always a top 5 defense and one with a franchise QB, go to WR, and emerging talent on both sides of the ball.

He's also identified things to work on for 2008 regardless of the how far we go in 2007. Any first year coach that gets their team to the playoffs gets a passing grade IMO, I'll be anxious to see how his first official offseason goes with the team.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-26-2007, 05:10 AM
If Tomlin can win a playoff game and get to the divisional round and even if he loses to Indy or the Pats the season will still be a success because nobody will give the Steelers a chance in hell to beat either one of those teams on the road in the divisional round.

I agree wholeheartedly Troyisabeast_43. But having been a Steeler die-hard fan before Cowher arrived, Mr T, will accomplish something that neither two previous coaches before him could, win his first play-off game.

Interestingly enough, Bill Cowher, had a swarming Three Rivers crowd rockin' the stands against the Bills back then in 1992 post-season but only come up with 3 lousy points. :cursin: Remember it like it was yesterday... :barf: thinking, well, things can only get better. 3 years later the Steelers gave away a SB...:banging: :cowboyscrossout: Within 3 years, I expect Mr T, to be less tolerant of underachieving and be more ambitious.

No reason why the D can't step up in the play-offs. That's what has been the missing ingredient to our second half of the season. GOTTA FIRE UP!! :tt02: