PDA

View Full Version : Willie put on IR Haynes signed.

Iron City South
12-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Sorry, I pulled the trigger a little early on this ....

Someone tell me when they do, in fact, announce it. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 12:58 PM
You're the 2nd person to say that :lol: ...they aren't going to bring in Verron unless they have absolutely zero confidence in Russel and Davis to back up Najeh.

Iron City South
12-21-2007, 01:14 PM
You're the 2nd person to say that :lol: ...they aren't going to bring in Verron unless they have absolutely zero confidence in Russel and Davis to back up Najeh.

Really? ... Well just sit back and watch. :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
If they do I have no problems with it, I like Verron I always have...plus he's my wife's favorite player :lol:

K Train
12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
...plus he's my wife's favorite player :lol:

it was only a matter of time lol

Captcoolhand
12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I would be surprised if they bring Haynes back.:yesnod: Russal and Davis seem to be holding there own not to mention needing the experience anyway if they are ever going to be our future.:2cents:

Hburg
12-21-2007, 01:44 PM
What did Haynes ever do on the field that was worthy of him being brought back now?

......Exactly my point.

BuFu

Mike Tomlin
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
If they want Carey to play behind Najeh then they have to bring in Haynes to play FB. I think it's good because he already knows the offense and he looked pretty good in the preseason.I hope Russel gets so time those because those Minnesota boys(Barber,Maroney Etc.) are vicious runnin the ball.

LeXX75
12-21-2007, 01:52 PM
if FWP is out for the year..they need depth at RB and Haynes makes the most sense..knows the system...not a great player ..but serviceable...Well I guess they could bring Barlow back instead..:thumbdown1:

Captcoolhand
12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
if FWP is out for the year..they need depth at RB and Haynes makes the most sense..knows the system...not a great player ..but serviceable...Well I guess they could bring Barlow back instead..:thumbdown1:
not Barlow :thud:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 02:53 PM
it was only a matter of time lol

Everytime she saw him on TV she'd start raving about how hot he is :lol: When we were at the Browns game a few years ago in Pittsburgh when Tommy went down and Batch played she saw him close up during the warmups before the game and ever since then she's been all about Haynes :lol:

PsychoWard
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
fumutumalafla!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron City South
12-21-2007, 02:59 PM
if FWP is out for the year..they need depth at RB and Haynes makes the most sense..knows the system...not a great player ..but serviceable...

ding, ding, ding .... we have a winner!:bigthumb:

GoBenGo
12-21-2007, 03:44 PM
BACKFIELD DOZER Chris Kemoeatu #68
http://i15.tinypic.com/6tyniq1.jpg

LOAD IT UP BABY..

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
BACKFIELD DOZER Chris Kemoeatu #68
http://i15.tinypic.com/6tyniq1.jpg

LOAD IT UP BABY..

I had visions of Refrigerator Perry when I saw Chris K. lined up at FB !! I was like hell yeah we should do that more often !!

GoBenGo
12-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I had visions of Refrigerator Perry when I saw Chris K. lined up at FB !! I was like hell yeah we should do that more often !!
HE SMASHED HIS BLOCKING ASSIGNMENT! LIKE A MACK TRUCK DRIVING INTO A CARDBOARD HOUSE!
I believe the song CONVOY comes to mind:lol:
"...Big Ben, this here's da Kemoeatu, we aint agonna pay no tolls. So we crashed the gate with number 68 , and said let those truckers roll!! 10-4..."

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Next thing they need to is use him an eligible receiver near the goal line. :yesnod: or maybe the old wishbone offense with Kemoeatu and Essex as the 2 lead blockers for Najeh Davenport... NOBODY would stop that train :lol:

yinzer
12-21-2007, 04:59 PM

too bad he went to the wrong hole last night :lol:

GoBenGo
12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
fumutumalafla!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:tt0 2::lol::tt02::lol:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

too bad he went to the wrong hole last night :lol:
Naw, he went where they aimed him at, physics only allows so much

steelcurtain09
12-21-2007, 05:40 PM
fumutumalafla!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U:tt02::lol::tt02::lol:

greatest name ever
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala

i think he retired...

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Im surprised nobody has brought this up but how about Corey Dillon?? I know the Pats were close to giving him a call when Sammy Morris went down a few months ago. Dillon has won a Super Bowl and has played in big games in the playoffs and carried the load most of the time. Plus, dont you think he would love to get another shot at the Pats since they released him. Im being totally serious here I would work him out and if he looks good and appears to be in game shape Id sign him over Haynes in a heartbeat.

yinzer
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I pulled the trigger a little early on this ....

Someone tell me when they do, in fact, announce it. :lol:

it can't hurt to sign him. at least he knows the offense. he may even have a chip on his shoulder which could be a good thing.

Silverback 92
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Time to pull my # 45 Fu- bad matta fala jersey back out !!!

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I can deal with bringing Verron back. Wonder what klinda shape he is in? I also wouldn'ty mind seeing what Russell can do.

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 09:01 PM
why did they even get rid of veron

LatrobePA
12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Saw it on NFL.com

Merry Xmas ya'll

Iron City South
12-24-2007, 02:01 PM
...they aren't going to bring in Verron unless they have absolutely zero confidence in Russel and Davis to back up Najeh.

Nahhhh, surly they aren't crazy enough to bring in Veron Haynes for depth!

:lol::lol::lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Thats gay...I hate Verron Haynes.....He will be hurt after taking some contact like always...lol Sure he can pick up the blitz and is nice on screen passes....But I rather see what Gary Russell can do....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Nahhhh, surly they aren't crazy enough to bring in Veron Haynes for depth!

:lol::lol::lol:

I was merely pointing out that they must not have much confidence in Russel to help out in the running game if they bring in Verron for depth. Russel gets a lot of reps in practice so it's not like he hasn't touched a football all year but I guess he hasn't shown them enough yet. In this case it appears that they aren't content so they do the smart thing and bring back Haynes. I personally like Verron and my Wife just loves him :lol: but as 32 mentioned he's as injury prone as it gets so if he makes it the rest of the way without getting hurt then it was worth it to sign him.

Iron City South
12-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I was merely pointing out that they must not have much confidence in Russel to help out in the running game if they bring in Verron for depth. Russel gets a lot of reps in practice so it's not like he hasn't touched a football all year but I guess he hasn't shown them enough yet. In this case it appears that they aren't content so they do the smart thing and bring back Haynes. I personally like Verron and my Wife just loves him :lol: but as 32 mentioned he's as injury prone as it gets so if he makes it the rest of the way without getting hurt then it was worth it to sign him.

I don't think it has anything to do with not having confidence in anybody. This was just a way to ensure we have the depth we need going into the tourneyment ...... insurance if you will.

LatrobePA
12-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Im not dreaming or making this up here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8056bce0&template=without-video&confirm=true

Iron City South
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
oh yeah, it's real. I told yinz it was going to happen.

Makes all the sense in the world

LatrobePA
12-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I like the idea of him coming back, he was hard hitting on special teams, and when healthy was a good ball runner.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2007, 04:27 PM
My wife just did the happy dance :banana2: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Haynes is a solid player when healthy...Thats my only beef with him staying healthy..lol

Preacher
12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I have never been happy with him...

I understand that we have to bring in someone for the roster spot. However, why bring him in when we cut him.. and have two or three other backs waiting who STILL MADE THE TEAM

K Train
12-25-2007, 12:30 AM
**** that **** we have more than enough bums. i'd rather have barlow lol

BlitzburghNation
12-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Guess we need some depth at RB,,,,,,,,,, At least he plays hard :bigthumb:

LatrobePA
12-25-2007, 02:25 AM
#41 will rock the house!! You watch.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2007, 02:51 AM
**** that shiat we have more than enough bums. i'd rather have barlow lol

I thought you said we already had enough bums:lol:

Silverback 92
12-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey he still gotta be better then Staley

K Train
12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
staley was a beast why do you all hate him lol, it wasnt his fault that cowher kept him when he got hurt and reached bum status

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 10:04 PM
staley was a beast why do you all hate him lol, it wasnt his fault that cowher kept him when he got hurt and reached bum status

Staley was very good in his first 6-7 games with the Steelers....Rodney Harrison gave Staley a cheap shot after he was tackled...He punched his hamstring....Thats how Staley hamstring was originally hurt....

Preacher
12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Staley was very good in his first 6-7 games with the Steelers....Rodney Harrison gave Staley a cheap shot after he was tackled...He bunched his hamstring....Thats how Staley hamstring was originally hurt....

Yeah....

I am not sure that surprises anyone!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2007, 07:11 AM
From the Post-Gazette

Haynes in shape

Verron Haynes, signed this week to replace injured Willie Parker on the roster, said he has been staying in shape playing basketball in Atlanta and working out with trainer James "Buddy" Primm, who also trains Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens.

Haynes, who was waived in the final cut of training camp, said the time off has allowed his surgically repaired knee to recover completely. Haynes will be used as a third-down back behind Carey Davis.

"Now, looking at it, it was probably the best thing for me," said Haynes, a fifth-round draft choice in 2002. "Hindsight is 20-20, of course, but I've had no problems [with the knee]. It's not swelling, and that rest really helped. Everything felt good."