PDA

View Full Version : We still have much to play for next weekend

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 05:25 PM
We may have clinched the division today thanks to the Bengals but we still need to show up next against the Ratbirds and win that game. Right now we have SD nipping out our heels for that 3rd seed depending on what happens with them on MNF.

Regardless of if they win on monday or night we need to go into Baltimore full throttle and bring everything we got against the Rats to go into the postseason on a win streak and give ourselves the best chances possible to carry momentum into our first game in the tournament and then see what happens. Baltimore will want nothing more than to put a damper on our playoff run so they will show up ready to play big time and we better be ready.

I don't want Tomlin to rest anybody next week regardless of the playoff implications; bring everybody and let's stick it to the ratbirds and finish out the year 6-0 in the division! Unless Cleveland has a complete collapse next weekend we'll see either them or the Jags ( who clinched a playoff berth today) in the 1st round.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I would agree to go full throttle....But with the beating Ben has taken this year...I wouldn't play next week especially if his ankle or knee is bothering him still....The Ravens have a ton of people on IR......Plus Troy Smith is starting...I think our backups can take them....Just like in 2004 when our backups went up to Buffalo and beat the Bills when the Bills were still fighting for a play-off spot....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know man, unless his ankle is really bothering him that bad I think we need to play him atleast the majority of the game depending on how things shake out this weekend yet. He's got 3 extra days rest to heal up which is crucial considering he left the field thursday night with his ankle wrapped up. I haven't heard any updates on it since the game so hopefully he's ok.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2007, 05:33 PM
We may have clinched the division today thanks to the Bengals but we still need to show up next against the Ratbirds and win that game. Right now we have SD nipping out our heels for that 3rd seed depending on what happens with them on MNF.

Regardless of if they win on monday or night we need to go into Baltimore full throttle and bring everything we got against the Rats to go into the postseason on a win streak and give ourselves the best chances possible to carry momentum into our first game in the tournament and then see what happens. Baltimore will want nothing more than to put a damper on our playoff run so they will show up ready to play big time and we better be ready.

I don't want Tomlin to rest anybody next week regardless of the playoff implications; bring everybody and let's stick it to the ratbirds and finish out the year 6-0 in the division! Unless Cleveland has a complete collapse next weekend we'll see either them or the Jags ( who clinched a playoff berth today) in the 1st round.

Not neccessarily TG the Titans now control their own destiny for the number 6 seed if they win out and beat the Jets today and the Colts next week who keep in mind will probably rest most of their starters for a good part of that game they get in over the Browns nobody what they do next week against the 49ers because they win the common opponents tiebraker over the Browns. But like you said its huge to go into Baltimore and win and keep the momentum going into the playoffs especially winning on the road 2 straight weeks. We know one thing though were playing at least one game here at Heinz Field the first week of the playoffs and that is very very big considering how good the Steelers have played at home this year. It really increases their chances of winning that game and at least advancing to the divisional round to either play Indy or the Pats on the road. Lets hope SD and gagging Norv find a way to lose to either Denver or the Raiders the next 2 weeks so that if we beat the Ravens next Sunday we get the Browns or Titans first as opposed to the Jags.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't know man, unless his ankle is really bothering him that bad I think we need to play him atleast the majority of the game depending on how things shake out this weekend yet. He's got 3 extra days rest to heal up which is crucial considering he left the field thursday night with his ankle wrapped up. I haven't heard any updates on it since the game so hopefully he's ok.

The 3 extra days will help big time....But you know those Dirty Ratbirds will be looking to take Big Ben out....I swear Suggs always gives him a cheap shot when we play them...I still remember in 2004 last in the season Suggs drove Ben into the ground with the intent to hurt him...I hate that SOB and team...lol

I wouldn't mind seeing Ben start.....It would be awesome for Ben to throw another 5 TD passes on their sorry ***...lol

floodcitygirl
12-23-2007, 05:35 PM

I don't want Tomlin to rest anybody next week regardless of the playoff implications; bring everybody and let's stick it to the ratbirds and finish out the year 6-0 in the division! Unless Cleveland has a complete collapse next weekend we'll see either them or the Jags ( who clinched a playoff berth today) in the 1st round.Imagine that???? TG wants us to go full throttle against the ratbirds. Who would have thought it???! :lol:

Sure would prefer to go up against the browns than the jags starting out.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah you are correct I was just looking over the scenarios and realized the Browns still need help next week even if they win. They could very well not make it in next week depending on how things play out.

At this point we need to bring our A game here on out because limping into the playoffs is not an option if you ask me. We need everybody giving all they got but it's a good thing knowing we're atleast in the tournament now and anything can happen.

BlitzburghNation
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
IMO Tomlin will rest Big Ben,,,,,,,,,No use in taking a chance on getting him hurt in a meaningless game !

We are gonna see alot of batch & Davis,,,,,,But that's fine with me ,,,,,,,,

MDSteel15
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
What would really be nice is Ben throw some TD's in the first half and get a nice lead, then Najeh running all over the Ratbird D and Charlie throwing some in the second half so Ben can rest up and keep from getting hurt further! Just in case, everybody..... never can be too unprepared! Knock on wood

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 05:55 PM
IMO Tomlin will rest Big Ben,,,,,,,,,No use in taking a chance on getting him hurt in a meaningless game !

We are gonna see alot of batch & Davis,,,,,,But that's fine with me ,,,,,,,,

It might not be that meaningless depending on how things playout this weekend yet and next weekend. We need to go in there and have Ben start unless he is really unable to go; it's crunch time now and getting the highest seed possible is only going to help us. It's meanlingless in terms of us making the playoffs but the implications are still high for our seeding and who we play. :bigthumb:

We need to be ready for anything and anybody in the playoffs, it's do or die, but I don't want to limp in having lost 3-4 in December.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Its not meaningless your playing for a higher seed and a chance to possibly have an easier road in the playoffs starting off with the Browns or Titans as opposed to the Jags, and then playing the Colts next instead of the Pats. So that is what is on the line next week if the Steelers win and the Chargers would happen to lose to either the Broncos or Raiders the last 2 weeks which I think is still very possible because the Chargers are still very up and down and inconsistent and could lose at anytime with Norv Turner as their head coach. Play Ben and play everybody because based on what I just said the game means a whole hell of a lot.

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I think we need to start everybody, build up a good halftime lead, then we can sit and rest starters.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I think we need to start everybody, build up a good halftime lead, then we can sit and rest starters.

Good idea Diesel but somehow I dont think that will happen. Baltimore always brings their A game when they play us especially down in Baltimore the Steelers havent won down there in over 5 years. So the bottom line is prepare for the Steelers to play everybody and treat it like its do or die. Ben will be fine and they should get out of it hopefully pretty good. That 3 and 4 seed is more important then a lot of people are making it out to be on here. If people are going to tell me they would rather play the Jags instead of the Browns or Titans first game then they are complete idiots.

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Good idea Diesel but somehow I dont think that will happen. Baltimore always brings their A game when they play us especially down in Baltimore the Steelers havent won down there in over 5 years. So the bottom line is prepare for the Steelers to play everybody and treat it like its do or die. Ben will be fine and they should get out of it hopefully pretty good. That 3 and 4 seed is more important then a lot of people are making it out to be on here. If people are going to tell me they would rather play the Jags instead of the Browns or Titans first game then they are complete idiots.

I doubt our week 9 meeting will happen again, up 35-7 at halftime. The main thing we need to do is be on a roll and in a rhythm going into the playoffs. Jax killed the Raiders today 49-11, they have Houston next week, no reason they won't wrap up the #3 seed.

K Train
12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
rest them, rest all of them except the offensive line make those fat ****ers try to block ngata. Let timmons and woodley play, get a little william gay in there and get davis and russel a ton of carries...batch can handle it in there

K Train
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I doubt our week 9 meeting will happen again, up 35-7 at halftime. The main thing we need to do is be on a roll and in a rhythm going into the playoffs. Jax killed the Raiders today 49-11, they have Houston next week, no reason they won't wrap up the #3 seed.

jacksonville cant get the 3 seed....only us or san diego

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM
jacksonville cant get the 3 seed....only us or san diego
thats right they're in the same division as Indy...oops...damn 12-4 and a better team then SD.

portcityblackandgold
12-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Play the starters but everybody needs to get some work. Ravens are falling apart, but they will bring their A game next week. I say hang a doughnut on em and let em sit in the dark and think about it.

matt89
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
i would feel a lot more comfortable facing cleveland than jacksonville,that's for sure

SteelCityPride08
12-23-2007, 10:40 PM
they should put ben in for a quarter or 2 then put in charlie