PDA

View Full Version : 2007 AFC North Champs!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, it may not be the best of circumstances to clinch the division considering how we've played 2-3 weeks but none the less we are the champs now and in the playoffs. The Browns couldn't finish the deal in Cincy today as Anderson threw 4 int's. The Bengals did their best to give the game away with 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter; 1 of them a fumble inside 2 minutes to go but they held on.

This doesn't diminish the importance of the Ratbird game next week as far as I'm concerned. We still need to go into their house and win so we enter the playoffs on some type of win streak. Sneaking in by the skin of our teeth is not an option.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Actually its 2007 AFC North Champs....But congrats to Mike Tomlin and our Steelers...Hey I'm done complaining for the year now....All you can ask is for your team to get in the play-offs....The Steelers did that and its impressive with a first time HC.....I'm just pumped to back in the play-offs after last year and missing them...

kgreen
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

You mean 2007 right?

Ibleedblk&gld
HELL YEAH! i had to watch the play by play on nfl.com and almost **** myself when palmer threw that INT...then i almost **** myself again as the browns were taking it down the field...time to get a new hat :)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah yeah I fixed it :lol: I was making that thread then my comp froze and I couldn't edit my type right away.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah yeah I fixed it :lol: I was making that thread then my comp froze and I couldn't edit my type right away.

I know.....I just chuckled....I wish we were the 2006 AFC North champs instead of 8-8...lol

JB 67
12-23-2007, 04:19 PM
good to be kings again :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Whooo hooooo! Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers and Coach Tomlin!! :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, it may not be the best of circumstances to clinch the division considering how we've played 2-3 weeks but none the less we are the champs now and in the playoffs. The Browns couldn't finish the deal in Cincy today as Anderson threw 4 int's. The Bengals did their best to give the game away with 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter; 1 of them a fumble inside 2 minutes to go but they held on.

This doesn't diminish the importance of the Ratbird game next week as far as I'm concerned. We still need to go into their house and win so we enter the playoffs on some type of win streak. Sneaking in by the skin of our teeth is not an option.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Absolutely TG plus were still playing for that number 3 seed instead of the 4 next week just incase San Diego drops one of these last 2 games to the Broncos or Raiders and the Steelers do beat the Ravens they get the 3 seed over the Chargers. And at this point you would much rather play the Browns or Titans and then the Colts next rather then the Jags and Pats first. So I dont want to hear anybody saying especially Tomlin tomorrow thats its not a big deal whether the Steelers are the 3 or 4 seed because from what I just mentioned there its a very very big deal. Congrats though to coach Tomlin and his staff on winning the division in his first season as the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

floodcitygirl
12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Regardless of the inconsistancies, this team has managed to do what last year's couldn't....and with all the staff changes. Congrats Steelers! Here's to continuing to defy the odds!

BlitzburghNation
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
:towelwave: :gs: :towelwave: :gs: :towelwave:

MDSteel15
12-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Did you ever imagine we'd be saying Come on Dookie! Carry us thru the playoffs, baby!!

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
2007 AFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!!

SWEET!!!!! Man that sure sounds good!!!!!

:towelwave::towelwave::towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Stlrs4Life
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Regardless of the inconsistancies, this team has managed to do what last year's couldn't....and with all the staff changes. Congrats Steelers! Here's to continuing to defy the odds!

Exactly.

It is what it is. Let's still play to win over on Baltimore, we still owe them.

StlersGuy
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::cope::cope::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02:

We are the Champs

steelersgal86
12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Woohoo....Congrats...it is a good feeling!!!!

:gs:

BB2W
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Congrats to the Steelers!... It was hard to root for the Bengals. :dunno:

K Train
12-23-2007, 06:59 PM
i dunno, it will be 10 days from our last game...i think ben should rest and davis and russel get all the carries, we know what ben and najeh can do...let the young guys get some carries.

I say ben, ward, najeh, holmes and harrison sit out. let timmons and woodely play, let charlie throw to nate a reid and fag and spaeth.

I want to win the game, but you know the ravens play to hurt us and were kinda banged up

TampaSteelGirl
12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
i dunno, it will be 10 days from our last game...i think ben should rest and davis and russel get all the carries, we know what ben and najeh can do...let the young guys get some carries.

I say ben, ward, najeh, holmes and harrison sit out. let timmons and woodely play, let charlie throw to nate a reid and fag and spaeth.

I want to win the game, but you know the ravens play to hurt us and were kinda banged up

I definately agree!

Forged in Steel
12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes! The Steelers 3rd AFC North title! Let's just hope the Chargers loose so the Steelers get the 3rd seed instead of the fourth. Also, if the Steelers beat the Ravens they will sweep the AFC North teams for the 2nd time.

portcityblackandgold
12-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Congrats to the 2007 AFC North Division Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and Coach Mike Tomlin. Now lets get our house in order.

SteelCityPride08
12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
i bet mike tomlin is happy he won the division his first year

Ambridge
12-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Congratulations Steelers!!

I didn't like how the playoff scenario was looking....blowing a two game lead on Cleveland and a lot of uncertainty along with the possibility of missing the playoffs all together.

IMO the Steelers need to rest Ben next week in Ratland and give a lot of the starters as much down time as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 09:15 PM
We should have known better than to think Cleveland wasn't going to blow a golden opportunity to make the playoffs :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
We should have known better than to think Cleveland wasn't going to blow a golden opportunity to make the playoffs :lol:

I'm just glad they lost...They kept finding ways to win all year....It was starting to get nerve racking...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
They are definitely and coming but it's going to take some time to get that defense of theirs fixed because they can't stop anybody man. They shut down the Buffalo but considering the weather and field conditions it was low scoring anyways. They have vastly improved but as we saw today when the pressure is on they still crack under it because they don't know how to win yet.

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 09:27 PM
They have vastly improved but as we saw today when the pressure is on they still crack under it because they don't know how to win yet.
Thats one of the reasons I wasn't rooting for the Bungholes...there was no need to :banana:

floodcitygirl
12-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Thats one of the reasons I wasn't rooting for the Bungholes...there was no need to :banana:Hey...the bengals tried really hard to lose that in the end. lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
You're right FCG they tried their best to give that game away in the 4th quarter; especially with that fumble inside 2 minutes at the Bengal 10 when they could have just run out the clock... That last completion by Anderson just before the hail mary was stupid, he threw it like 8 yds in the middle of the field and they had to burn their last timeout.

Bucsfan4ever
12-23-2007, 09:45 PM

I understand where you're coming from....I wanted a Bucs win today but after Garcia got a helmet to helmet in the first quarter, I was ready for them to bench the starters even if it did mean a loss.

CONGRATS, STEELERS!!

Iron City South
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
It's a start ..... :helmet:

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/12/09/11/90-03_85677.jpg

SteelerFan87
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Ah, good to bring the division crown back to where it belongs!

Now, my goal is to knock off the Pats. That's why I want the 4th seed. I do NOT want to have to play the Colts first. Best case scenario, the Pats have to get through us and Indy, and it's really hard to beat a good team twice in one season, let alone having to do it 2 weeks in a row.

Obviously I'd also love for the Steelers to go all the way, but I'm not going to totally hang my hopes on it. It's certainly possible, but with this team this year, you just don't know what will happen. If the Steelers can't beat the Pats, then watching the Colts beat them would be a nice consolation prize, IMO.

murtuc
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Jock Sutherland said that there is no rest for the weary. Everyone needs to be IN the game next Sunday, including ALL of US!!!! Najeh needs experience and Ben needs experience with Najeh and anyone else we can round up!

Prosdo
12-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Woohoo! AFC North Champs and playoff bound!

K Train
12-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Jock Sutherland said that there is no rest for the weary. Everyone needs to be IN the game next Sunday, including ALL of US!!!! Najeh needs experience and Ben needs experience with Najeh and anyone else we can round up!

yeah well we have no success against the ravens in baltimore and somebody usually gets hurt...which is worse considering they have nothing to lose, lots of thugs on that team and they play to hurt us...i say rest them

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I don't think we can afford to rest our guys. Depending on what happens next weekend we still need to play our guys for atleast the first half but being that we are not afforded the luxury of having earned a first round bye we need to have all guns blazing and stay focused and in rhythmn. We are typically not that great coming off a game where starters are rested because we seem to get rusty very quickly so I'd be leary of letting the starters sit because if we start out slow in the playoffs it could mean our doom and an early exit.

The ratbirds always have their full arsenal of cheap shots and border line illegal stuff ready and waiting so it will be a war regardless but I just think we need to go into this game with everything we got but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomlin sit some starters at half time depending on how the game plays out.

Troyisabeast_43
12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
You're right FCG they tried their best to give that game away in the 4th quarter; especially with that fumble inside 2 minutes at the Bengal 10 when they could have just run out the clock... That last completion by Anderson just before the hail mary was stupid, he threw it like 8 yds in the middle of the field and they had to burn their last timeout.

Absolutely TG the clock management by Anderson the last 2 mins of that game was horrific. He let about 30-35 seconds run off in between plays and thats just something you cannot let happen in a game that crucial. I think the Browns sitting on the fact that the Steelers won on Thursday and knowing for 3 long days now that they had to win out to have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs affected them today and they folded under pressure. They just didnot look like they were focused today and wanted to really win that game.

OneSteelSoldier
12-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Go Steelers, win out, so we can play the lowest seeded wild card team. The power running game is back, with Davenport and Davis. Thats what I call "Steeler football".

Koopa
12-24-2007, 02:48 AM
well, i'll always believe that unless you win the superbowl, going to the playoffs is usuless, and reese bobby told ricky bobby, if you ain't first, you're last.........that's how i feel about the playoffs lol

but congrats to mike tomlin, ppl have complained about him here, but he's a first year head coach, he's still learning, it's not like he's been head coaching for years, so a lot of the stupidity i have excused, and blamed it on that bum bruce arians lol.......... i'm also glad we won the division cause i know it pisses off cowher and it pisses off joey porter that he's stuck on a 1 win team and the team that cut him is in the playoffs

i want ben to play next week, even if it's only a play, i want it to say he played all 16 games at least once in his career........

while i rather play the titans or browns, i'm kinda not afraid of the jags, sure they beat us last sunday, but we had our chances to win too, it's not like it was a total *** ****ing, it's easier to face a team that you lost to earlier in the season then if you won, cause you know what to fix and the other team is still high on what they did lol.......... also, i like dookie against the jags more than willie, dookie is more of a threat in the passing game, and while i think he's soft, he can pound a little more than willie can.........but regardless the pats will be the champs no matter how many want to deny it.......... so again congrats to mike tomlin and some of the steeler players that played good all year, ppl like troy our oline and willie don't deserve to be congradulated cause we won inspite of them not because of them

snowman79
12-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey c'mon ok it may not have been the ideal way to win the division but at the end of the day CHAMPIONS WE ARE at the top where we belong, lets look forward now to staying undefeated till the last game and collect a ring for the other hand. Ok we are not at our best and weve lost Willie but hey we can still take on and BEAT the best.

BELIEVE PEOPLE WE ARE THE STEELERS. :tt02::gs:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY STEELERS FAMILY ACROSS THE WATER, FROM HERE IN BONNIE SCOTLAND :santa2::snowman1::xmascheer:

A guid new year tae ane and aw! :cope: :cope:

REMEMBER OUR BRAVE TROOPS !!!!!!!!!!

Stairwayto7
12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Sounds fitting!