PDA

View Full Version : Immaculate Reception

Steelerlyn
12-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Yes the 35th anniversary of that play is tomorrow. It is a wonderful story that should be retold as often as possible, but we all know the details, the drama, and how Art Rooney actually missed the play because he was
in the elevator, on his way to the Steeler team locker room because he figured the game was over and the Stillers lost.

Art Rooney went to Mass every morning of his life. I always thought The Immaculate Reception was The Chief's miracle. In the season the birth of The Prince of Peace and the miracle of Hanukkah; it was appropriate that Mr. Rooney's faith was rewarded like The tribes who wandered the desert for forty years.

The question I have for all of you is where were you at the moment of The Immaculate Reception? What was your immediate reaction? I am sure we have some great stories about that.

I was in front of my tv and screamed a couple 4 letter words.

DIESELMAN
12-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Nice Lyn! I was watching the game, I was only 7 but I remember it like it was yesterday. I thought the game was over to but I still watched the last play, when it was over with I was just sitting there not really believing what had just happened. Everybody was tryin to figure out if the Steelers had actually won the game or not, then came the ref finally raising his hands to signal a TD but it still took 10-15 minutes before we could kick the xtra point, the field was mobbed by fans. Great moment in Steelers history!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 01:55 AM
I just doesn't get any better than the immaculate reception. The single greatest play in NFL history as far as I'm concerned, no question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnfbKKvUG9Q

portcityblackandgold
12-23-2007, 08:00 AM
quoting TopGun :I just doesn't get any better than the immaculate reception. The single greatest play in NFL history as far as I'm concerned, no question.

My sentiments exactly. It launched the Steelers into NFL immortality. It began the most dominating run the NFL has ever seen. The Steelers of the Seventies. The Greatest Football Team of All Time.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Prosdo
12-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I wasn't alive for that play, but every time I watch it I get chills.

steelersgal86
12-24-2007, 07:07 AM
I guess in my moms tummy :lol:

catlabman
12-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I was 5 years old, I remember watching the game with my dad, but sorry to say I don't remember the play. I've seen it many times on the NFL network, would have been better if I was at the game.

LarryNJ
12-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I was 12 and was listening to the game on the radio with my dad. If you were watching it on TV you weren't in Pgh. The game was blacked out locally. All that I remember ws my father jumping up and down screaming in the living room.

Steelerlyn
12-26-2007, 11:24 PM
I was 12 and was listening to the game on the radio with my dad. If you were watching it on TV you weren't in Pgh. The game was blacked out locally. All that I remember ws my father jumping up and down screaming in the living room.

The NFL blackout rule (i.e., games blacked out on local TV if they don't sell out 72 hours in advance) at that time also applied to playoff games. I am not sure if it still does. I live in Lansing, MI