PDA

View Full Version : The only way the Steelers miss the playoffs now is...

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2007, 05:32 PM
If the Browns and Titans win out their remaining 2 games and the Steelers lose next Sunday in Baltimore. The Browns having Cincy and the 49ers and the Titans have the Jets and the Colts. Its why it was so huge for the Steelers to win last night and really puts all the pressure on the Browns now to know that unless they do win their final 2 games of the season they have no chance of winning the division. If anything it gives the Browns a team that is inexperienced something to think about the next few days before their big game in Cincy and adds some extra pressure. Anyway you slice it looks like the Steelers are in excellent shape to make the playoffs and most likely win the AFC North. Hopefully with some help from the hated Bengals on Sunday in Cincy they can get it over with and clinch it Sunday. Next step will be to watch San Diego and Denver Monday night and hope the Chargers lose one of their last 2 so that the Steelers can get that number 3 seed spot back and most likely play the Browns and Colts first instead of the Jags and Pats. Should be a fun weekend to sit back and see how it all plays out I cant wait GO Bengals and Jets help the Steelers get in on Sunday.

Iron City South
12-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Browns may not do it this year, but make no mistake about it .... they will be a force to be rekoned with next year. IMO they are much better situated with depth than we are.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Rudi Johnson is out for the Bengals so they'll be even more 1 dimensional. Atleast Cincy is at home and hopefully that will help them. If we don't win next weekend we don't deserve the help in the playoffs because we didn't earn it enough to warrant a seed IMO.

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
This is a huge game for the Browns Sunday because if they lose to Cincy and the Titans win the Titans I think would control their own destiny if they beat Indy the next week no matter what the Browns do against the 49ers and then jump them for that 6 seed based on either common opponents or strength of victory. The chances of the Titans beating the Colts the last week in Indy are very good because the Colts will rest most of their starters and it will be a very winnable game for the Titans who you would think will also take care of the Jets this week in Tennessee. So make no mistake about it the Browns had better win that game in Cincy on Sunday or they are in huge trouble and could indeed miss the playoffs.

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I would love to see that final scenario.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Playing the Titans, Clowns, or Jags in the first round is going to be no easy task. All those teams are familiar with us and we better bring our best game if we expect to advance. At this point the playoffs are still no guarantee; the Ratbirds will be gunning for the win next weekend and they'd love nothing more than to either knock us out or atleast knock us down a peg in the playoff seeding. This is where the men are separated from the boys...we better be men come next weekend and take control of the Ratbirds and end this season at 11-5.

Silverback 92
12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Dang ,its hard to want the bungals to win

Troyisabeast_43
12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Rudi Johnson is out for the Bengals so they'll be even more 1 dimensional. Atleast Cincy is at home and hopefully that will help them. If we don't win next weekend we don't deserve the help in the playoffs because we didn't earn it enough to warrant a seed IMO.

I dont think having Rudi Johnson out is that big of a deal for the Bengals Watson and Dede Dorsey have stepped in and filled in fine in Johnson's absence so I dont think they will miss him that much and should still be able to run the ball on the Browns. I dont understand why Tomlin was so like stern last night after the game saying at his press conference he is not going to watch the Browns game and has no interest in it at all. Well I think thats a bunch of **** for him to say that because umm guess what coach Tomlin it does have a whole hell of a lot to do with you for the simple fact that you just clinch your division and a home playoff game if the Bengals beat the Browns, and you dont go into the last week having to play a team like the Ravens who have nothing to lose facing a must win game. Just a stupid ridiculous comment from Tomlin after the game I thought but thats just my opinion. I just dont get why these coaches dont admit that its ok to watch the other games and get help if need be like the Steelers can and should want come Sunday in Cincy.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Playing the Titans, Clowns, or Jags in the first round is going to be no easy task. All those teams are familiar with us and we better bring our best game if we expect to advance. At this point the playoffs are still no guarantee; the Ratbirds will be gunning for the win next weekend and they'd love nothing more than to either knock us out or atleast knock us down a peg in the playoff seeding. This is where the men are separated from the boys...we better be men come next weekend and take control of the Ratbirds and end this season at 11-5.

I think the playoffs while there not a guarantee you could say it would take a minor miracle for the Steelers not to get in. I just dont think the Browns and Titans are good enough and consistent enough for both of them to win their last 2 games. Can they both do it?? Sure. But will they do it I dont think they will. I really really think and expect the Browns to lose in Cincy on Sunday I really think Cincy is gonna pull the upset.

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Dang ,its hard to want the bungals to win

yea i feel u

BlitzburghRockCity
12-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I dont understand why Tomlin was so like stern last night after the game saying at his press conference he is not going to watch the Browns game and has no interest in it at all. Well I think thats a bunch of shiat for him to say that because umm guess what coach Tomlin it does have a whole hell of a lot to do with you for the simple fact that you just clinch your division and a home playoff game if the Bengals beat the Browns, and you dont go into the last week having to play a team like the Ravens who have nothing to lose facing a must win game. Just a stupid ridiculous comment from Tomlin after the game I thought but thats just my opinion. I just dont get why these coaches dont admit that its ok to watch the other games and get help if need be like the Steelers can and should want come Sunday in Cincy.

It's not a stupid response at all IMO; what he was referring to is that he doesn't care what any other teams do he needs to get the Steelers ready to play and win no matter what the stakes are. I'm pretty sure he'll check the score even if he doesn't actually watch the game; he'll still have the film to look at if we play them again. Tomlin needs to concern himself with our team and us winning regardless of who the opponent is or what the divisional teams do. We need to prepare like our season is on the line and if we do that it doesn't matter what the Browns do because we'll win the division if we win out this season. If we had to rely on the Browns to get into the playoffs he probably would have answered that question differently.

DIESELMAN
12-22-2007, 09:29 AM
It's not a stupid response at all IMO; what he was referring to is that he doesn't care what any other teams do he needs to get the Steelers ready to play and win no matter what the stakes are. I'm pretty sure he'll check the score even if he doesn't actually watch the game; he'll still have the film to look at if we play them again. Tomlin needs to concern himself with our team and us winning regardless of who the opponent is or what the divisional teams do. We need to prepare like our season is on the line and if we do that it doesn't matter what the Browns do because we'll win the division if we win out this season. If we had to rely on the Browns to get into the playoffs he probably would have answered that question differently.
:plus1: We win out, we win the division. Thats all that matters.

Captcoolhand
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Being that I have no chose but to watch this game living here in Bumville Cleveland. It has been clearly Posted on most news channels and papers that the Bungles are seeking revenge for what the Clowns did back in 2004 by upseting their chances of going to the playoffs. Week 17 (http://www.databasefootball.com/boxscores/scheduleyear.htm?yr=2003&lg=nfl)CLE (http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=CLE&lg=NFL&yr=2003) 22 at CIN (http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=CIN&lg=NFL&yr=2003) 14

Like already metioned, this will probably be the only time I will be wooting for the Jail birds and that's Hard pressed. :yesnod: :2cents:

DIESELMAN
12-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Being that I have no chose but to watch this game living here in Bumville Cleveland. It has been clearly Posted on most news channels and papers that the Bungles are seeking revenge for what the Clowns did back in 2004 by upseting their chances of going to the playoffs. Week 17 (http://www.databasefootball.com/boxscores/scheduleyear.htm?yr=2003&lg=nfl)CLE (http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=CLE&lg=NFL&yr=2003) 22 at CIN (http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=CIN&lg=NFL&yr=2003) 14

Like already metioned, this will probably be the only time I will be wooting for the Jail birds and that's Hard pressed. :yesnod: :2cents:

The Bungholes have also got to be thinking bout their week 2 meeting.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29212&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG2

OUCH!!!!! :lol:

floodcitygirl
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I haven't run into a Bengal fan yet who has a spark of hope that they'll pull this one out. I've heard of Bengal fans turning down tickets for $20 and even for free! That stadium could look like Cleveland South come game time.

Sure wouldn't mind the assistance if the Bengals can manage it.

Silverback 92
12-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Browns may not do it this year, but make no mistake about it .... they will be a force to be rekoned with next year. IMO they are much better situated with depth than we are.

heck yeah ! all those years of being loosers and getting great drafts has to pay off sooner or later....looks like they are almost there

stillers4me
12-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Who Dey!

There wasn't a Bengals jersey in sight at work yesterday.