PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of that rookie

Steelerlyn
12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
that plays behind Davenport? I think his name is Carey something. He played for Illinois and was a terrific player on the college level. He kinda reminds me of little Bettis, the way he is built.

K Train
12-21-2007, 12:55 AM
hes a bruiser....please hold all bettis comparisons from this point on though lol

Steelerlyn
12-21-2007, 01:02 AM
hes a bruiser....please hold all bettis comparisons from this point on though lol

Okay.....LOL please explain though LOL...........

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 01:02 AM
You talking about Gary Russel or Cary Davis? :lol:

Davis is going to play a much more prominent role now so it's time for this kid to earn his keep and Russel, Im anxious to see this big dude out there getting some experience.

Steelerlyn
12-21-2007, 01:04 AM
You talking about Gary Russel or Cary Davis? :lol:

Davis is going to play a much more prominent role now so it's time for this kid to earn his keep and Russel, Im anxious to see this big dude out there getting some experience.

Yeah there ya go Carey Davis. where did Russell play? Davis I know is from Illinois. I saw him play many times at Michigan State they always won LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 01:17 AM
I honestly haven't been impressed with Davis up until this game really. He just didn't seem to block well, didn't have that explosive toughness about him like Kreider had but we needed him tonight and he came through with Najeh so I give him credit.

We need him big time now for however long this season goes for us.

K Train
12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Russel is from minnesota

MDSteel15
12-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Davis isn't a rookie. He's been cut several times the last couple of seasons by 4 other teams.

Silverback 92
12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Davis is a little mack truck, I saw him preseason make some pretty good runs

steelcitysfinestXL
12-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Cant wait to see what Russel, Davis, and Davenport can do.... maybe w/ that trio we can get back to the "power running game" that all the commentators still credit us for!!!!

Forged in Steel
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
He's pretty fast. He reminds me of a Parker/Bettis mix.

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I like the kid... he gave one of those Rams guys a seat when he lowered his shoulder :bigthumb: Now that is the Steelers running game I know! :D

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I personally don't like Carey Davis, he can't block like Kreider. And I would love to see Gary Russell get a chance.

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
davis will be getting better has he gets older maybe some day he will start for a team

SteelerFan87
12-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I like how Davis runs, but I HATE how he blocks. IDK why they thought he should be a fullback. The guy simply cannot play the position adequately. Hand it off to him, or throw it to him out of the backfield, but for God's sake, DON'T have him run block.

SteelCityPride08
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Next week we'll see a little bit of all three of them

Stlrs4Life
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I like how Davis runs, but I HATE how he blocks. IDK why they thought he should be a fullback. The guy simply cannot play the position adequately. Hand it off to him, or throw it to him out of the backfield, but for God's sake, DON'T have him run block.

I can live with that.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-26-2007, 07:12 AM
This weekend will tell us a far bit about what we have in either Carey Davis & Gary Russell. If anyone can recall, the finale to the 2004 regular season is when FWP burst on the scene to run riot on the play-off dreamers' The Buffalo Bills, a game that meant NADA to the 14-1 Steelers. Hopefully, history repeats itself. :greengrin:

Infern0
12-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Personally I think our passing game is going to come through strong just for the sake of securing the seed spot. Not that Davenport isn't capable of running it down, but I am pretty positive that we will use this game like a scrimmage, see what works and what doesn't. Some play actions, a whole lot of Ward and Holmes, and some ballsy plays. We have no need to run down the clock like we have had to, so we will throw Ben in there to work up three or four TDs, take him out in third, and let Batch take it away. Of course, this is what a SANE OC would do :)