PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Hines Ward - Steelers leading WR all time

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, on a night when we had to have everybody show up big and where FWP goes down for the year Hines quietly sets another record and is now the teams all time leading WR in yardage !!

It couldn't happen to a better player !! :tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 11:53 PM
You're right Top, it couldn't have happened to a better player...Only thing left for Hines to accomplish is being enshrined in Canton, Ohio one day...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Right on 32, the guy is hands down the greatest WR in Steelers history. When you eclipse the records of 2 HOF players like Stallworth & Swann that says something. Ward will be in the HOF one day himself.

MDSteel15
12-21-2007, 12:05 AM
It's debateable but I rank our All-time WRs as:
1 Stallworth
2 Ward
3 Lipps
4 Swann

I've seen them all since '73 and that's just my opinion!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
They all have their great points and everyone of them is a special player that's for sure. I just think Hines is just hands down the best WR this team could ever ask for. He's tough as nails, catches everything thrown to him, and is the complete player that every young WR should aspire to be.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I didn't see Stallworth or Swann...Barely remember Lipps....But those high lights of Swann making those catches in the Super Bowl were awesome.....Plus the Steelers ran the ball 60 percent of the time in the 70s...Plus there was Stallworth....Those two reasons is why Swann's numbers suffered....Just seeing those clutch catches in the highlights makes me think he should be higher then 4 and maybe even 2nd...I love Hines Ward to death but I would rank him 3rd all time on the Steelers list...

MDSteel15
12-21-2007, 12:21 AM
They all have their great points and everyone of them is a special player that's for sure. I just think Hines is just hands down the best WR this team could ever ask for. He's tough as nails, catches everything thrown to him, and is the complete player that every young WR should aspire to be.

I should have said that I think he is the best PLAYER to play on the offensive side of the ball with everything he does. That's why I have him second but as pure WR it goes to JS82

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Congrats Hines!! Hines definitely ranks as one of the best WR's for the Steelers. I've had the privilege to see all the greats, Swann, Stallworth, Lipps and Hines. Total package=Hines Ward

BlitzburghNation
12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Congrats Hines!! Hines definitely ranks as one of the best WR's for the Steelers. I've had the privilege to see all the greats, Swann, Stallworth, Lipps and Hines. Total package=Hines Ward

:ditto:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 06:53 AM

He's definitely carried on the tradition of the greats that followed before him. I only got to see Swann and Stallworth towards the end of their careers but I still consider it a privilege of having seen them play.

TampaSteelGirl
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
:tt02::tt02:Congrats Hines!!!

Greygrizzly
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Of all the recievers we have ever had Hines is by far the most complete, all around player. Swann could out leap Hines,Stallworth was faster, Lipps had hands that were at least equal to Hines,but not one of them did everthing. Hines out blocks in my opinion any wide reciever I have ever seen. He is totally fearless going across the middle, and is a great team leader. He rarely gets a penalty. And like all of the others is a good roll model for kids.

AZ_Steeler
12-21-2007, 12:56 PM
:tt02: Congrats to Hines!! :tt02: Hopefully Holmes is taking some good notes because he's gong to have some big shoes to fill when Ward decides to hang up the cleats!