PDA

View Full Version : Parker injured - Done for the year - fractured fibula

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 09:43 PM
First drive of the game for the Steelers when Ben was in the end zone on the play that he bombed to Holmes for 83 yds Willie picked up a blitzer and in the process appears to hurt his ankle.

He was taken to the locker room on a cart and came back out on a cart and one of the trainers was holding crutches... stay tuned...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
First drive of the game for the Steelers when Ben was in the end zone on the play that he bombed to Holmes for 83 yds Willie picked up a blitzer and in the process appears to hurt his ankle.

He was taken to the locker room on a cart and came back out on a cart and one of the trainers was holding crutches... stay tuned...

I hope its not a high ankle sprain or his ankle is broken....That would suck...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
They were looking at Xrays on the sidelines. All they are saying right now is an ankle injury and he won't return tonight.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
They were looking at Xrays on the sidelines. All they are saying right now is an ankle injury and he won't return tonight.

Well I figured he wouldn't return tonight...I wouldn't play him next week also......I just hope he isn't out for the play-offs...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
PLAYOFFS??? DID YOU SAY PLAYOFFS???? :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 09:59 PM

:lol:Top that was great man...lol I might need more cheering up as the night goes on...lol

steelernewb50
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
NATE WASHINGTON TOUCHDOWN!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
:lol:Top that was great man...lol I might need more cheering up as the night goes on...lol

I thought you were getting ahead of yourself with that playoff talk so I figured you needed to be brought back down to earth :lol::lol:

BringTheWoodley
12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
man anyone else notice how the field conditions really show the speed of our team?..Nate and Santonio are blowing by people and Rossom can actually juke a guy or two.I love hienz field but it takes away alot of speed from these guys.Looks like our D is MIA so far.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Still no word on Parker yet, latest update they are saying is just an ankle injury but they were really looking at those xray pics.

MDSteel15
12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Ask Willie Parker what it's like to get another injury on this fake crap! Every time we play on it someone gets freaking hurt. :cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Just got the word, FWP is done for the year with a fractured Fibula !!! I can't believe this **** !!!

Najeh is the man now and he better stay healthy because he's all we got.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:06 PM
merging your thread with the other Parker injury thread :)

MDSteel15
12-20-2007, 11:06 PM
merging your thread with the other Parker injury thread :)

Thanks TG

Ibleedblk&gld
12-20-2007, 11:08 PM
****!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Just got the word, FWP is done for the year with a fractured Fibula !!! I can't believe this shiat !!!

Najeh is the man now and he better stay healthy because he's all we got.

we still have carey davis :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 11:09 PM
The turf had nothing to do with the fracture of Willie's fibula....It sucks Willie went down...But Davenport who has stepped up tonight now has to carry the load the rest of the way....Plus I guess were going to see more of Gary Russell....We're going to have to...Davenport and Davis are the only RBs left...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah this team will activate Russel and he'll get some much needed experience but damn this sux having Willie go down because like it or not the dude was the leading rusher in the league and teams had to respect his speed with is a big part of our game.

The backups are thrust into action and now it's time to step up

K Train
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
felix jones.....just sayin lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah this team will activate Russel and he'll get some much needed experience but damn this sux having Willie go down because like it or not the dude was the leading rusher in the league and teams had to respect his speed with is a big part of our game.

The backups are thrust into action and now it's time to step up

I had no problems with Willie this year...He is a beast...He would have had 1600 yards and 7-8 TDs with a better Oline......It sucks he went down but the rest of the RBs and team have to step it up...

MDSteel15
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
There goes his Pro Bowl play after the playoffs, too... Sorry Willie. I guess now they can let Fred go to Hawaii!

Friday133
12-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I hope the Rooneys get field turf in the off season!

K Train
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
me too

Silverback 92
12-20-2007, 11:56 PM
aint lookin good for FWP and his bonus

MDSteel15
12-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Willie DID get hurt on his only carry when his foot stuck on the turf as he was twisted aroound by the tackler. Nice surface

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 12:27 AM
You can't say the turf caused this injury, it could have happened on any surface. His foot just got caught and that's that, players get hurt on natural grass and turf. Let's not make this another turf/grass thread though.

The fact is Willie is done for the year and we need to have his back ups step up to the cause and be counted on.

K Train
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
najeh said...."looking back when i step in to the starting roll i produce, even back to green bay, i produce...thats what i do"

love it lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah he's got the attitude you need to have. I have no doubt he'll step up to the plate and be counted on for us. Still though teams respected Willies speed and the way he could turn the corners was big for us so we'll need Najeh to really use his versatility and come up big for us.

K Train
12-21-2007, 12:31 AM
najeh is a better reciever than willie and his vision is far superior...which works with a **** line

Dee Mca
12-21-2007, 12:32 AM
i thought I heard them saying something about Verron Haynes.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 12:36 AM
najeh is a better reciever than willie and his vision is far superior...which works with a shiat line

Great points again Ktrain...I agree on both accounts....He is a much better receiver then Parker no doubt....He seems to have better vision also....Davenport is really starting to win me over....His catch against the Pats awesome...his performance tonight was just freaking amazing....

K Train
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
and its not that im downplaying willies talents, but as far as vision and jumping around making a guy miss with a ****** oline i like najeh better...willie would be badass in a zone blocking team, hit the hole and go

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
and its not that im downplaying willies talents, but as far as vision and jumping around making a guy miss with a shiatty oline i like najeh better...willie would be badass in a zone blocking team, hit the hole and go

I still think Willie would be much better with a better Oline...Plus I think he was starting to wear down some...He carried the ball way to many times this year....Plus I didn't think you were down playing Willie's talents...

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Nothing against Parker but I've never been a fan of his carrying this team since day one! I'll take Davenport and see what happens because Willie wouldn't lead this team in the playoffs in bad weather. But at the same time, if we had to go to Indy I'd take Willie. I liked it having a speed back (parker) and a power back (bettis). It gave us a ton of options and depending on the field and conditions we could switch from one to the other.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Nothing against Parker but I've never been a fan of his carrying this team since day one! I'll take Davenport and see what happens because Willie wouldn't lead this team in the playoffs in bad weather. But at the same time, if we had to go to Indy I'd take Willie. I liked it having a speed back (parker) and a power back (bettis). It gave us a ton of options and depending on the field and conditions we could switch from one to the other.

Stop being such a Willie hater, you know you were happy when he went down :lol: ;)

IF we make it anywhere in the playoffs I have all the confidence in Najeh helping us out. Im anxious to see what Russel might be able to do for us because he'll be spelling Najeh now with Davis doing FB and RB they can't wear him out.

LatrobePA
12-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Feel really bad for Willie, get well soon....

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Stop being such a Willie hater, you know you were happy when he went down :lol: ;)

IF we make it anywhere in the playoffs I have all the confidence in Najeh helping us out. Im anxious to see what Russel might be able to do for us because he'll be spelling Najeh now with Davis doing FB and RB they can't wear him out.

I swear I don't hate Willie!.....lol Just never liked him carrying the load.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 01:06 AM
I swear I don't hate Willie!.....lol Just never liked him carrying the load.

I think he can be the starter but not a RB that carries the amount he does carry...He carried the ball way to much this year.....When you factor that in and this **** Oline its no wonder why he looked like crap at times...But he still had a 7-8 or 100 yard games this year...Not to bad....But its Davenport's time and I hope Willie has a great recovery.....

Drue4Steelers
12-21-2007, 01:07 AM
With this injury could it cause Willie to lose some of his speed even after his recovered from the broken bone? It seems like Michael Vick had this same bone broken in his foot, but I don't think he lost any of his speed. Let's hope Fast Willie stays Fast Willie. Willie is in our Prayers!!

I'm brand new to this board - Just found it tonight - Pretty cool!!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
With this injury could it cause Willie to lose some of his speed even after his recovered from the broken bone? It seems like Michael Vick had this same bone broken in his foot, but I don't think he lost any of his speed. Let's hope Fast Willie stays Fast Willie. Willie is in our Prayers!!

I don't think Willie's speed will suffer....He didn't damage his knee or anything like that.....

LatrobePA
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Willie will be fine...He's a stud!!

yinzer
12-21-2007, 01:15 AM

no, this will not affect willie's speed. the fibula is a non-weight bearing bone on the lateral (outside) part of the lower leg. it runs from the lateral (outside) part of the knee to the lateral (outside) part of the ankle. the only problem may be if there is soft tissue damage. the healing time will be longer if there was any ligamentous damage to the ankle or knee. i doubt it, though. rehabilitation will be standard and he won't lose a step.

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I think he can be the starter but not a RB that carries the amount he does carry...He carried the ball way to much this year.....When you factor that in and this shiat Oline its no wonder why he looked like crap at times...But he still had a 7-8 or 100 yard games this year...Not to bad....But its Davenport's time and I hope Willie has a great recovery.....

See, that's the thing with Willie. It's all or nothing. 100+ or 40 yards. Just drives me nuts. I'm not gonna knock the yards he gets because he earned them. Just don't like how they come in big chunks. 5 runs for 5 yards and then 1 for 30 still equals a good average. Just makes it hard to control the game with any consistency.

K Train
12-21-2007, 01:21 AM
no, this will not affect willie's speed. the fibula is a non-weight bearing bone on the lateral (outside) part of the lower leg. it runs from the lateral (outside) part of the knee to the lateral (outside) part of the ankle. the only problem may be if there is soft tissue damage. the healing time will be longer if there was any ligamentous damage to the ankle or knee. i doubt it, though. rehabilitation will be standard and he won't lose a step.

thanks doc lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 01:23 AM
See, that's the thing with Willie. It's all or nothing. 100+ or 40 yards. Just drives me nuts. I'm not gonna knock the yards he gets because he earned them. Just don't like how they come in big chunks. 5 runs for 5 yards and then 1 for 30 still equals a good average. Just makes it hard to control the game with any consistency.

You make good points SF...I won't say you're wrong at all....But really Willie hasn't had a ton of long runs this year....I think 32 was his longest...He was popping off 70 yard runs last year...lol So I do think he showed more of a pounding style this year...Only problem when he pounds it doesn't wear a defense out since he is only 210 pounds...:lol:

yinzer
12-21-2007, 01:24 AM
thanks doc lol

lol! i am a doc, though!

K Train
12-21-2007, 01:28 AM
and now everything makes sense lol

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 01:30 AM
You make good points SF...I won't say you're wrong at all....But really Willie hasn't had a ton of long runs this year....I think 32 was his longest...He was popping off 70 yard runs last year...lol So I do think he showed more of a pounding style this year...Only problem when he pounds it doesn't wear a defense out since he is only 210 pounds...:lol:

Exactly! What the hell kind of team are we? A pound the ball down your throat team or a speed team? We've been taking a small speed guy and trying to pound him. Guess what, that doesn't work in the NFL.......lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Exactly! What the hell kind of team are we? A pound the ball down your throat team or a speed team? We've been taking a small speed guy and trying to pound him. Guess what, that doesn't work in the NFL.......lol

Its the Oline more then anything...Plus both Miller and Spaeth have been spotty in the blocking as well....This offensive line was built for the power running game.....But the talent at the skill positions isn't power football...We have an elite franchise QB and a tough as nails speed back....With a more athletic Oline will fit this current team much better....

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Its the Oline more then anything...Plus both Miller and Spaeth have been spotty in the blocking as well....This offensive line was built for the power running game.....But the talent at the skill positions isn't power football...We have an elite franchise QB and a tough as nails speed back....With a more athletic Oline will fit this current team much better....

I can agree with that. I'd like to see us stick with the power game myself. But if they keep going with Parker they need to change things up and use that speed. Don't try and pound the ball with him. All it takes is one DL's arm to knock Willie down.....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 01:57 AM
I can agree with that. I'd like to see us stick with the power game myself. But if they keep going with Parker they need to change things up and use that speed. Don't try and pound the ball with him. All it takes is one DL's arm to knock Willie down.....lol

I don't know....This offense has been good with a crappy Oline...I think with a much better Oline this offense can top five in the NFL.....So I don't want to go back to the days of just pounding the football....Today's NFL is so much about the passing game and big plays.....Running the ball is very important no doubt...But its just to hard to pound the ball every Sunday to win a Super Bowl......

I just look at Marty Ball and the Steelers under Cowher......Those two were all about power running game and playing great defense....But only two Super Bowl trips and only one win from those two HCs....which Marty never made it to a Super Bowl...lol

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 02:03 AM
I don't know....This offense has been good with a crappy Oline...I think with a much better Oline this offense can top five in the NFL.....So I don't want to go back to the days of just pounding the football....Today's NFL is so much about the passing game and big plays.....Running the ball is very important no doubt...But its just to hard to pound the ball every Sunday to win a Super Bowl......

I just look at Marty Ball and the Steelers under Cowher......Those two were all about power running game and playing great defense....But only two Super Bowl trips and only one win from those two HCs....which Marty never made it to a Super Bowl...lol

I still think that has more to do with Cowher not making adjustments when needed. The guy was a good coach but still stubborn as hell at times....lol
What you said just goes with my idea of having a speed back and a power back. You go with what makes sense at the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2007, 02:07 AM
I still think that has more to do with Cowher not making adjustments when needed. The guy was a good coach but still stubborn as hell at times....lol
What you said just goes with my idea of having a speed back and a power back. You go with what makes sense at the time.

Very true about Cowher not adjusting and being to stubborn....:lol: I use to bitch all the time about that....I agree with what makes sense at the time is what you go with....Right now Davenport does make sense for this football team.....I can agree with that...I'm excited to see Davenport in action....But I think were going to have to pass even more to set up the run now...

K Train
12-21-2007, 02:12 AM
the terms speed back and power back are really irrelevant now days, bettis was fat and could run...but he had a great line, not a ****** one, or a good one, a great one. Faneca, smith and simmons were all beastly and hartings and kreider really solidified the whole line...willie grinded defenses as much as bettis and staley did in those years....willie is not a weak runner by any means, he falls forward and finishes strong, that doesnt mean **** when the oline is pushed 4 yards backwards....bettis would not do **** with this line today, barry sanders might, but thats why davenport is successful when he runs, he can make people miss, hes elusive and has good vision, not barry sanders but hey you gotta work with what you got lol...plus hes a fat back that runs a 4.4 which is literally gravity defying...a power running game has nothing to do with the runningback, well almost nothing...a power running game is all oline, the eagles have a power running game (when they want to) but its not westbrook whos powerful (well he is to an extent) but its animal olineman like shaun andrews that dominate the game. Fix this line and willie will be awesome

Koopa
12-21-2007, 02:57 AM
sucks to see willie go down, but this just proves my point even more, he is not an every down back, he will not be able to hold up if we dont' get him a legit back, i know ppl are gonna be on dookies nuts for the game he had today, but he isn't legit, we need to get a good running back......... i also found it funny that willie got hurt on a play that has been his trademark, a loss of yardage.............get well soon willie..........even though the pats will win superbowl...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Willie going down has nothing to do with him being a legit back, the guy has been healthy for us most of his career so he's not injury prone and this injury doesn't indicate anything other than just a bad luck situation that happened to him. Davenport is a legit back, I've been saying that since last year when we signed him. He's not a pro bowl type back or some guy that will make the HOF one day but he's serviceable, reliable, and just plain delivers all year long; and IMO you can't ask for anything more in a backup at this point.

Forged in Steel
12-21-2007, 10:31 AM

We're just trying to win a game! Davenport is way better than Parker IMO.

TEEMONT
12-21-2007, 10:55 AM
I know we dont want this to turn into another grass vs turf thread, but seriously I highly doubt this injury would have happened on grass. This is a typical turf injury, I highly doubt we see the Rooneys switch to turf now.

On another note, I stopped by my high school field the other night, since they had type II turf put in, and it feels amazing. However, I still think football should be played on grass, it's a crime against the sport to not be able to play in mud.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
sucks to see willie go down, but this just proves my point even more, he is not an every down back, he will not be able to hold up if we dont' get him a legit back, i know ppl are gonna be on dookies nuts for the game he had today, but he isn't legit, we need to get a good running back......... i also found it funny that willie got hurt on a play that has been his trademark, a loss of yardage.............get well soon willie..........even though the pats will win superbowl...

LOL, Sometimes i read you posts and wonder if your trying to **** me off!!!:cursin:

Parker, is probowl bound, leads the NFL in rushing and carries, and you wanna say he isnt an everydown back... WHO THE FU** IS!!!

1. Steven Jackson
2. Brandon Jacobs
3. Marshawn Lynch
5. Brian Westbrook
4. Larry Johnson
5. Frank Gore
6. Ronnie Brown
7. Duece McCalister
8. Reggie Bush
9. Lawrence Maroney
10.Shaun Alexander
11. Rudy Johnson
12. Cadillac Williams

All big name running backs who missed multiple games this year due to injuries... so i guess you would say none of them are every down backs!!! With the exception of Brown and Cadillac (who are hurts every year) and Bush (who obviously will NEVER be a everydown back) all of these guys can tote the rock 20+ times a game for a full season. LJ, Stephen Jackson and Parker ran their asses off last year so its no suprise they all missed extended time this year!!! It doesn make them incapable of being a featue everydown back!!! If you wanna blame someone blame Arians for not subbing Najeh in more often... for his size parker is a hell of a durable guy!!!

K Train
12-21-2007, 11:11 AM
parker has been a disappointment this year, hes not doing well...half of it is because of the line at least, but leading the league in rushing is a blinding stat in this case, he has far more carries and is BARELY leading...which is mediocre...we'll get him a line next year and he;ll be back, but hes not the type of back that can do it all himself

steelcitysfinestXL
12-21-2007, 11:17 AM
what back is, name me a back in the league since Barry Sanders that could run with out a line!!! Our line and play calling are reasons why parker is having a subpar year... when he has a hole he hits it...

K Train
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
but his lack of vision hurts him bad, he runs into the pile to much and lacks the elusivness....davenport has very good vision and can play better since he does have some speed

steelcitysfinestXL
12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
This is true, his vision is rather poor but speed can make up for that... Im sure its something he will imporve on in the futre aslong as he can get some holes!!! I like Najeh and im confident that we arent going to lose much with him as the starter... we just have to get production from the guys behind him!!!

K Train
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
his speed makes up for that when theres good blocking...which there isnt

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 11:46 AM
the terms speed back and power back are really irrelevant now days, bettis was fat and could run...but he had a great line, not a shiatty one, or a good one, a great one. Faneca, smith and simmons were all beastly and hartings and kreider really solidified the whole line...willie grinded defenses as much as bettis and staley did in those years....willie is not a weak runner by any means, he falls forward and finishes strong, that doesnt mean shiat when the oline is pushed 4 yards backwards....bettis would not do shiat with this line today, barry sanders might, but thats why davenport is successful when he runs, he can make people miss, hes elusive and has good vision, not barry sanders but hey you gotta work with what you got lol...plus hes a fat back that runs a 4.4 which is literally gravity defying...a power running game has nothing to do with the runningback, well almost nothing...a power running game is all oline, the eagles have a power running game (when they want to) but its not westbrook whos powerful (well he is to an extent) but its animal olineman like shaun andrews that dominate the game. Fix this line and willie will be awesome

That's not entirely true K. Go ask the DB's that played against Bettis if it was him that ran them over or the O-line......lol They wanted nothing to do with tackling Bettis when he hit that level. Granted The Bus had a better line than Parker. We could have an all pro line and it wouldn't make us a power team with Willie. Players don't get tired tackling him because he is smaller. That's not saying he doesn't run hard for his size.
I still believe if we used a big back to wear teams down and then bring Willie in for spots here and there he would break more runs. Not to mention a team would have to plan for two different type backs.

Iron City South
12-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Trade Parker in the off-season .... he has significant value.

K Train
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
That's not entirely true K. Go ask the DB's that played against Bettis if it was him that ran them over or the O-line......lol They wanted nothing to do with tackling Bettis when he hit that level. Granted The Bus had a better line than Parker. We could have an all pro line and it wouldn't make us a power team with Willie. Players don't get tired tackling him because he is smaller. That's not saying he doesn't run hard for his size.
I still believe if we used a big back to wear teams down and then bring Willie in for spots here and there he would break more runs. Not to mention a team would have to plan for two different type backs.
obviously the fat dude is gonna hurt the DBs lol, but with this line breaking into the secondary isnt an easy task for anyone lol. and imo a big powerful oline makes you a power running team no matter whos running the ball

thats dumb, for what? another RB that wont do **** until they get a line?

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
This is power football!........:tt02:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P68VsLCR8tg

K Train
12-21-2007, 11:58 AM

watch that line move in one fluid motion and destroy the defense....i envy that line lol...he finished the play but damn that line owned lol

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Had Parker been running that same play he gets leveled before the end zone. Bettis ran at least 2-3 guys over to score and sorry, but Parker is never gonna do that.

K Train
12-21-2007, 12:11 PM
didnt say he would, but he couldve gotten to the wide open edge....the point is the line dominated and anyone wouldve gotten to the 1yl lol

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Turn your sound up and listen to the Bus at the end of that!......lol

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
yea but hopefully davenport can back him up

BB2W
12-21-2007, 09:10 PM
It's really sad to see him go down when he could have led the league in rushing and was on his way to play in the Pro Bowl.

Davenport has shown me that we can move on as a football team, but I fell personally sorry for Willie.

KSSteelerfan
12-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Get well soon Willie. Look forward to you being back with the team next season. Your presence will definitely will be missed.

DIESELMAN
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
didnt say he would, but he couldve gotten to the wide open edge....the point is the line dominated and anyone wouldve gotten to the 1yl lol
theres not a whole lot of backs that can run Urlacher over. :banana:

SteelCityPride08
12-23-2007, 11:27 PM
he was leading the NFL in rushing!!

i like davenport though

Iron City South
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Thanks for posting that clip. Not only for my sake thinking that one day we'll get back to power-back smashmouth football again in Pittsburgh, but for others on this board who, God bless them :scratch:, don't understand what it means to have a back that has good vision and can run between the tackles while breaking tackles of his own getting 3-5 yards per carry on a consistent basis.

I truly feel invigorated, inspired, and full of optimism again. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Sorry man, just can't let this go... can you possibly :deadhorse: any more with how much you don't like Willie as the starter. He's not going anywhere because Tomlin likes him and believes in him. You don't trade your starter when you have nobody with any NFL experience to back him up except Najeh.

One of these days you'll see that we are not the same team we used to be; we are different now and our philosphy on offense has changed to a more diverse, wide open, attack. You can't tell me you honestly want to see us back to 3 yds and a cloud of dust because those were the days when we couldn't throw for **** and all we had was the running game. Consequently we lost time after time in the playoffs because teams would shut down the run or we'd make mistakes in the passing game and not be able to come back in clutch time to steal a win. The offense we have now is built to score points in multiple different ways and Willie is a big part of that and will continue to be. If Bettis would come back would I take him? well of course I would because he was 1 in a million, a classic RB that had unique quickness, speed,and power. Nobody in the NFL can do that now and there's no reason to think we'll ever find it again. If Tomlin didn't believe Willie could do the job he would have drafted a RB or gotten someone in FA.