PDA

View Full Version : HMMMMMM Let Me remember.........

Steelerlyn
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
At the start of the seasom most of "Tha Fans" thought the Steelers would be lucky to be 8-8.
Now they are fighting for a playoff spot and/or the division.

Seems to me they ALREADY beat most of the expectations.

Oh yeah I want more. But they have done better than most thought.

memphissteelergirl
12-20-2007, 12:56 PM
At the start of the seasom most of "Tha Fans" thought the Steelers would be lucky to be 8-8.

Thanks for the perspective, Lyn! :bigthumb:I think we should all remember that many of us thought a .500 season with a rookie coach wasn't bad all in all. But I think Tomlin has shown he can be a HC in the NFL. Granted, I think there's going to be a LOT of shuffling in the off-season, with coaches and players, but I think he's gonna be fine.
But in the meantime, this season's not over yet, and I think Tomlin and the rest of the team are gonna get their mettle tested in these last 2 games. Simply put....IT'S GUT CHECK TIME!

:gs:

yinzer
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
well put but it's still upsetting to see the guys not play to their potential.

TampaSteelGirl
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM

You're right!
But yea I definatley want more! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
The fast start has spoiled the fans and raised our expectations. Had we started out 3-5 or 2-6 or something and then turned it around we'd all be flying high but because we did so well early on and now the team seems to not have it together and getting out played by better and even worse competition that's what becomes the downer for me.

Having said that I'd still rather be us than the Ratbirds :lol:

memphissteelergirl
12-20-2007, 02:27 PM
The fast start has spoiled the fans and raised our expectations. Had we started out 3-5 or 2-6 or something and then turned it around we'd all be flying high but because we did so well early on and now the team seems to not have it together and getting out played by better and even worse competition that's what becomes the downer for me.

Having said that I'd still rather be us than the Ratbirds :lol:

:plus1:

And you raised a good point about the fast start we got off to early in the season. We were talking about another SB ring and everything. But the team's play recently sent all that crashing back to earth...LOL. Still, we are in a position for a playoff berth, but we have to win out and hope for a little help from the Bungles Sunday(which I hate).

LET'S DO THIS, STEELERS! SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!! :tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok.....The purpose of a message board is post your thoughts and opinions....positive or negative.....I don't care if you're positive but many of you get your all bent out of shape if you read anything negative...

Sure 9-5 isn't horrible and nobody said it was...But at the same time this easily could be 10-4 or 11-3 easily.....

black an gold 4 life
12-20-2007, 03:22 PM
ur right lynn i said they would b 12-4, an they should've been atleast 12-4 i think we got an shot at 11-5 an the divison title, i hate 2 say this but i'm pulling 4 the bungirls sunday, lol but i'm happy where we r at, i just know n my heart if they played better on the road we would have an better record, but if we finish 11-5 make small changes n the offseason, we will b better than this year, we need an new offensive coordinator, special teams coach,offensive line coach a real one the one we have is perp-ing as an o-line coach, we need an 6-4 6-5 reciever just one we should try 2 get 1 shut down corner, that's all an depth on the d-line an o-line an we will b ok,i'm proud of the job mike tomlin has done this year, he's made some rookies mistakes but over all he proved 2 b an leader an a winner we will b alright next year an we will b bettter an stronger,a few adjustments an were back n the superbowl hunt4 real next year................................

Steelerlyn
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Ok.....The purpose of a message board is post your thoughts and opinions....positive or negative.....I don't care if you're positive but many of you get your all bent out of shape if you read anything negative...Sure 9-5 isn't horrible and nobody said it was...But at the same time this easily could be 10-4 or 11-3 easily.....

I am not the least bit "bent out of shape" if you are referring to me. I am a Steeler fan. If I were a coordinator, the GM or anyone else in the Steeler organization, I sure as hell would not be posting on Steeler Addicts, I would be earning the gazillions of dollars I am being paid by figuring out what needs to be done. I also get upset with playcaling, etc but I do not believe in calling any member of the team or anyone in the Steeler organization names, is at all productive. We are fans, we have ideas but we do NOT know what is going on inside that organization. I do believe in intelligent anaylsis, I do not believe in calling people names...................if that is getting bent out of shape (in your opinion) then i am guilty. And IMHO nothing negative should ever be said about the team you love, that would be like talking about your mom.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I am not the least bit "bent out of shape" if you are referring to me. I am a Steeler fan. If I were a coordinator, the GM or anyone else in the Steeler organization, I sure as hell would not be posting on Steeler Addicts, I would be earning the gazillions of dollars I am being paid by figuring out what needs to be done. I also get upset with playcaling, etc but I do not believe in calling any member of the team or anyone in the Steeler organization names, is at all productive. We are fans, we have ideas but we do NOT know what is going on inside that organization. I do believe in intelligent anaylsis, I do not believe in calling people names...................if that is getting bent out of shape (in your opinion) then i am guilty. And IMHO nothing negative should ever be said about the team you love, that would be like talking about your mom.

Ok....I don't even know how to respond to this babbling mess...But nothing should be said negative about the team...That is total crap...But if you want to be positive all the time...Then thats your right.....But if people want to be negative then thats their right....Doesn't make any body less a fan if they're negative...Plus these players get paid millions to play a game....a game...:lol:

As for the whole talking bad about the Steelers is like talking about your mom is total BS.....No team or athlete will ever compare to my family and friends....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey wait a minute, who says the Steelers coaches and players don't post on SA :whistle:

NOVA STEELERS
12-21-2007, 07:53 AM
I agree with you Lyn, prior to the season I didn't see anything better then 8 - 8. But as the season got rolling and watching the schedule I started seeing 14 - 2 / 13 - 3 the 3 losses leading up to the pats game hurt, but then hey "Any given Sunday" I am totally satisified with a chance to win the division and a playoff game @ heinz. As long as the bungels and ratbirds are out I am really Happy :cope:

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Well I hear ya Lyn, I predicted to myself 10-6. ut at the same time predicted 7-9 for the Browns.

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 08:57 PM
goo steelers gooooooooo