PDA

View Full Version : Joe Porter

PITT23
09-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes thats right, Joe not Joey. If I may quote a letter to the editor in this week's Sports Illustrated:

He may be an awesome defender, but somehow "Joey" Porter as the name of the most feared player in the NFL just doesn't work for me. Think back to another time in Steelers history. Would Mean "Joey" Greene have inspired terror in the hearts of opponents?
I thought it was pretty funny and possibly true but I think it's what makes Joey be Joey...ya know, always acting like a kid at heart :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Joey has a passion and fire for the game, plus he's a big prankster and has alot of fun in the locker room so yeah calling him Joe just would be too weird :lol:

PITT23
09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I think just watching him introduce the defensive starters on Monday said it all..

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
OMG I was rolling watching him do that :hilarious:

On side note I like how they have the players introducing their team mates this year, that's pretty cool.

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Mean Joey Green :hilarious: That's funny... Joey Porter will always be Joey, I couldn't imagine trying to call him Joe Porter it jsut doesn't sound right and roll off the tongue like Joey Proter... plus like youall said he is a big joker so Joey is very fitting!

Hburg
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
This of it in a mafia sense. Who is just "Joe" or "Anthony" in the mafia? It's fittin also since Joey has performed countless hits in his lifetime.

BuFu