PDA

View Full Version : Ant Smith BENCHED

steelcitysfinestXL
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Ty Cater to start for Smith after giving up 3 huge pass plays in the last 2 weeks!!!
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07353/842769-66.stm

Is this knee jerk reaction by Tomlin/LeBeu or do you think this was needed!?!?!?

Forged in Steel
12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Ty Cater to start for Smith after giving up 3 huge pass plays in the last 2 weeks!!!

Is this knee jerk reaction by Tomlin/LeBeu or do you think this was needed!?!?!?

Thank God! What an embarrasment to the Steelers! :yesnod:

TEEMONT
12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
It's knee-jerk. Smith is the future at FS, and this will kill his confidence.

If thats how you feel the whole D should be benched after giving up 200+ on the ground, I don't think too much of that was Smith's fault.

LatrobePA
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM

If thats how you feel the whole D should be benched after giving up 200+ on the ground, I don't think too much of that was Smith's fault.

Getting torched week in and week out will help his confindence? Look he has been exposed, and this is the best thing for the team right now. The dude is a badass but he has to be benched IMO!

LeXX75
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM

Did it kill Taylor's confidence last year to this year?...At this point Smith has earned the right to sit his *** on the bench for a couple of weeks..Clear his head and become the player alot of us think he can..if this benching is gonna affect him that much...guess what...he wasn't what we thought he was!!!!

memphissteelergirl
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Smith is a very talented player, and he could be a great asset to the secondary, but right now his performance is crappy and his off-field statements to the press have proven he has a LOT more maturing to do. Hopefully forcing him to take a seat will make him re-evaluate some things.

Iron City South
12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Smith may have the physical attrubutes to play the game, it's the mental attrubitues that he needs to stay after school to learn.

The kid is immature.

Steelersfan
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't see anyone killing Smiths confidence!......lol

AZ_Steeler
12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Maybe this is something he needs... he has been burned a few times lately. I hate to see him being benched but this just might be the thing to get him back on track... he might not be starting but you know he will play.

dick rasile
12-19-2007, 12:00 PM

Put that dude on the kick off and return teams and try to shop him away before he has no trade value.

steelerfan11
12-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Put that dude on the kick off and return teams and try to shop him away before he has no trade value.

That is just a DUMB idea. He is going to be a great saftey, he just needs to grow up a little or a lot. Getting rid of him would be a HUGE mistake.

yinzer
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
this needed to be done. i haven't seen any evidence of this kid being fundamentally sound. sure he hits hard but he is constantly being turned around by receivers and his angle play is horrid!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

That is just a DUMB idea. He is going to be a great saftey, he just needs to grow up a little or a lot. Getting rid of him would be a HUGE mistake.

i think he will be a great safety too. it's crunch time now and we don't need st. louis to be throwing for 400 yards this game. i guarantee st louis has been planning to attack smith all week. he got smoked for 3 TD plays the last 3 games which, in my opinion, were game changers.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

this needed to be done. i haven't seen any evidence of this kid being fundamentally sound. sure he hits hard but he is constantly being turned around by receivers and his angle play is horrid!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

i think he will be a great safety too. it's crunch time now and we don't need st. louis to be throwing for 400 yards this game. i guarantee st louis has been planning to attack smith all week. he got smoked for 3 TD plays the last 3 games which, in my opinion, were game changers.

correction, he got smoked for 3 game changing TD's in the last TWO games. sorry all.

TampaSteelGirl
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I will say this..I"m not happy with his big mouth but he needs to be benched right now, not from his big mouth but the fact that he's missed 3 deep throws that became TDs. He's young and needs more work. He'll be ok next year. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM

No way do you trade Smith away just because he had a bad couple games. He's young, inexperienced but his upside is huge. He will be our starting Safety but he's not been right since the NE game. I hate to see players benched when they are young because everyone knows there is growing pains with a young safety. In Smith's case though I don't know that I'd bench him outright but having Carter out there to start might just light a fire under his ***. (Smith)

Ike's confidence was shot and he sat down. Fortuntely for Ike, Cowher left and Tomlin came in and helped him, encouraged him, and with a lot of hard work Ike made it back.

Smith will need to have that same work ethic and be able to clear his head for next year.

SteelersWoman
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Smith is a very talented player, and he could be a great asset to the secondary, but right now his performance is crappy and his off-field statements to the press have proven he has a LOT more maturing to do. Hopefully forcing him to take a seat will make him re-evaluate some things.

Smith may have the physical attrubutes to play the game, it's the mental attrubitues that he needs to stay after school to learn.

The kid is immature.

Did it kill Taylor's confidence last year to this year?...At this point Smith has earned the right to sit his *** on the bench for a couple of weeks..Clear his head and become the player alot of us think he can..if this benching is gonna affect him that much...guess what...he wasn't what we thought he was!!!!

:plus1:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Ok Smith is being benched for two bad games....But Troy is off the hook for a whole year of sucking...lol The Steelers as a team have 9 INTs this year...Smith has two of them...Yea lets bench a guy that actually makes plays....Sorry Troy has been burned before and hasn't had an INT since God knows when....I think Carter should start over him and keep Smith at his FS spot.....I just hope this benching pisses Smith off and he comes back killing mother ****ers in the play-offs...lol

K Train
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Ok Smith is being benched for two bad games....But Troy is off the hook for a whole year of sucking...lol The Steelers as a team have 9 INTs this year...Smith has two of them...Yea lets bench a guy that actually makes plays....Sorry as Troy has been burned before and hasn't had an INT since God knows when....I think Carter should start over him and keep Smith at his FS spot.....I just hope this benching pisses Smith off and he comes back killing mother ****ers in the play-offs...lol

:plus1:

memphissteelergirl
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Damn BnGF32 We get it! You don't like Troy. Can't you get off the rant train about him for 5 minutes! :bitchslap:

K Train
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
dont worry 32, me and koopa are right there with you lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Damn BnGF32 We get it! You don't like Troy. Can't you get off the rant train about him for 5 minutes! :bitchslap:

Don't you got like a Troy poem to write?......I don't have to get off any rant if I don't want to.....As soon as Troy starts earning that pay day he received and starts playing like the player he use to be......Then I will stop....

Its really stupid benching Smith a player who actually can intercept a pass in the defensive backfield...True he has sucked the last two weeks...But he is in his second year so he is still learning his craft....Plus he can actually make a game changing play.....True the ball got away from Garrard the other day due to the weather but Smith still made the play.....

As for Troy he does nothing but make 5 tackles a game and in which he misses about that many anymore a game to.....Plus Jones-Drew owned Troy the other day....Made Troy his biatch....:lol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

dont worry 32, me and koopa are right there with you lol

I know you guys are...lol So is Teemont....Its funny do people really think I like writing posts knocking Troy? I really don't and I rather would like to write posts on him actually contributing to this defense...The simple fact he isn't so I have no choice...:lol: Plus with his contract it makes it that much easier to knock the guy....I don't think Troy has the balls to play NFL football anymore.....He is a spiritual zen master that is more interested in praying to buddha or whatever...lol

Ambridge
12-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I will say this..I"m not happy with his big mouth but he needs to be benched right now, not from his big mouth but the fact that he's missed 3 deep throws that became TDs.

Yes indeed!!:bigthumb:

Take away the three TD's that he gave up and perhaps the New England and Jacksonville games have different outcomes.

BlackGold4vr
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Welcome back! Haven't seen you post for awhile. I disagree about the knee jerk reaction. Benching players can have a positive effect sometimes. Terry Bradshaw admits his benchings by Chuck Noll actually fired him up and made him that much more eager to prove himself. Like that commercial with Tiki Barber says, "Opportunities may not always be perfect situations, but it is what you do with them that matters because they may never come again" Anthony Smith has looked really bad the last couple games. His two mistakes against the Pats cost us that game. He needs to get his head in the game. The best players in the league aren't always the most talented but in most cases they are some of the smartest.

yinzer
12-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Welcome back! Haven't seen you post for awhile. I disagree about the knee jerk reaction. Benching players can have a positive effect sometimes. Terry Bradshaw admits his benchings by Chuck Noll actually fired him up and made him that much more eager to prove himself. Like that commercial with Tiki Barber says, "Opportunities may not always be perfect situations, but it is what you do with them that matters because they may never come again" Anthony Smith has looked really bad the last couple games. His two mistakes against the Pats cost us that game. He needs to get his head in the game. The best players in the league aren't always the most talented but in most cases they are some of the smartest.

that's true but i don't think anthony smith has the attitude to learn from this. i think he will take this as a slap in the face and go pout on the bench.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
This is a very crucial time for Anthony; this could either make or break his career with us potentially. If he holds animosity towards Tomlin or the other coaches it could carry over and he might never be the same player he was...or it could serve as a wakeup call that nothing is easy in the NFL and you can't take anything for granted.

Ike was completely down and had zero confidence but he worked hard in the offseason and Tomlin expressed confidence in him. If Smith can take that attitude he'll be just fine.

yinzer
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
This is a very crucial time for Anthony; this could either make or break his career with us potentially. If he holds animosity towards Tomlin or the other coaches it could carry over and he might never be the same player he was...or it could serve as a wakeup call that nothing is easy in the NFL and you can't take anything for granted.

Ike was completely down and had zero confidence but he worked hard in the offseason and Tomlin expressed confidence in him. If Smith can take that attitude he'll be just fine.

that's a pretty big "if", TG. i hope he can step up. it doesn't help matters that he's so young.

Silverback 92
12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Smith benched for 3 Huge Plays O-Line should get life with out parole for inpursastion of a football player

yinzer
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Smith benched for 3 Huge Plays O-Line should get life with out parole for inpursastion of a football player

well, since smith has only started 3 games, it doesn't mess up the chemistry too much on defense.

portcityblackandgold
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Thats what happens when you talk the talk. His mind is not on playing football he played timid against the Jags. he shoulda took Taylor out at the knees and he chicken fought with him

LatrobePA
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
he shoulda took Taylor out at the knees and he chicken fought with him

My thoughts exactly, wtf was he doing??

portcityblackandgold
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
He was mind was not gettin injured and keeping his position as a starter. He can think about it this week on the bench.

LatrobePA
12-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Our D played lights out until his prediction, of course this is MO....

K Train
12-19-2007, 08:14 PM
yeah take a guy out at the knees when you are the only person who has a chance to get him down so he can hurdle you and just keep on going great idea.....<---sarcasm

youve all be watching troy play to much

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
yeah take a guy out at the knees when you are the only person who has a chance to get him down so he can hurdle you and just keep on going great idea.....<---sarcasm

lol Exactly.......Smith did the right thing on that play...If he whiffs on the tackle....Taylor takes it to the house...

LatrobePA
12-19-2007, 09:03 PM

LMAO...

BringTheWoodley
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Anthony Smith will be just fine...i think it is a smart move by Tomlin, Apparently he understand the importance of this weeks game.Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are too good of recievers, especially with Bulger back in there. Smith will be the man but we just can't afford to give those guys any big *** momentum changing plays.Atleast the coaches are trying to make adjustments instead of just sitting back and saying "we need to play better".

...Anyone got the latest on Haggins?..I heard he was limited at the last practice, i was hoping he was out so Woodley could get in there.

TEEMONT
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't you got like a Troy poem to write?......

Best quote ever.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Thanks dude...I just got back from overseas.

Anthony Smith isn't alone in looking bad the last few games. Thats my issue with this. Steeler fans have such a hard on for players with no personality that when one speaks up, he is vilified. Oh well, he got torched, so has Troy millions of times. Ike's confidence was ruined last season, which didn't matter b/c at this point in the year last year, the season was over, and having our best players on the field didn't matter. It does now, we need to win these last two games, and having Smith on the field gives us our best chance. Maybe if we had a pass rush Smith wouldn't have had the chance to get burned.

This ****** play as of late is on the whole D, not just one scapegoat who opened his mouth at an inopportune time and now he is being punished for the whole D being unable to stop anything.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Best quote ever.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Thanks dude...I just got back from overseas.

Anthony Smith isn't alone in looking bad the last few games. Thats my issue with this. Steeler fans have such a hard on for players with no personality that when one speaks up, he is vilified. Oh well, he got torched, so has Troy millions of times. Ike's confidence was ruined last season, which didn't matter b/c at this point in the year last year, the season was over, and having our best players on the field didn't matter. It does now, we need to win these last two games, and having Smith on the field gives us our best chance. Maybe if we had a pass rush Smith wouldn't have had the chance to get burned.

This shiatty play as of late is on the whole D, not just one scapegoat who opened his mouth at an inopportune time and now he is being punished for the whole D being unable to stop anything.

Nice post Teemont..........:clap: The whole D has sucked the last two weeks but lets single out Smith...lol Plus Troy is Pedro Cerano of Major League II....All spiritual and just a big wuss...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
That is my gripe about this benching. I can see both sides of it, sometimes a player needs to sit to get refocused and get his head out of his ***. The way we need to look at it is, hey if he's a trash talker he's a trash talker, so be it. Porter did it, so did Lloyd, Lambert, and on down the line. Every generation of Steeler defense has atleast one of them.

No Im not saying Smith is on the level of those guys but the point is he's a talker, it's part of his game, and he probably always will be a talker. If we can't beat a team at their best regardless of who's talking and saying what then we'll always have to hear "oh well so and so wasn't playing" or "this or that problem happened so we werent at our best and you beat us" or whatever. Let the competition bring their A game, let the guys talk alittle. If we can't beat them at their best then we don't deserve the win.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Ya know, I gotta ad something else here just because. I admit I was alittle upset at Smith for shooting his mouth off at first and I didn't think it was a smart move. I may have even though that maybe this benching was possibly a good thing but the more I think about it, screw it !

If Smith wants to talk, let him talk. If we can't beat a team at their best then damnit we don't deserve to talk like we're championship caliber. Im not saying I agree with Smith guaranteeing a win, that's probably crossing the line but the dude is young, tough, and he's the future at Safety for us so we need him to come out of this apparent punishment bigger, badder, and better than ever.

The Defense needs a kick in the *** right now, and this year Smith seems to get the public punishment. Whatever, tell all 11 guys and their backups to step or step off !!

DIESELMAN
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
What this D needs is someone to step up and light a fire in these guys.....Be the ****ing leader!!!!! I was glad Smith opened his mouth, it showed confidence and balls. Yeah he's young and a lot of people will say it was wrong cuz he's young and inexperienced but at least he shows he has a ****ing pulse.

TEEMONT
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM
at least he shows he has a ****ing pulse.

THANK YOU!!!!!

floodcitygirl
12-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Ok. Here's my 2 cents. I didn't mind Smith talking, I just wish that it would have worked out better when he did. There may be more to benching him than just the few plays that have been discussed.....which were bad misses. I don't necessarily think Tomlin to be the type of coach to air all the "dirty laundry". I've got enough confidence in Tomlin to be benching him for the right reasons at this point. I do not believe him to be the sole cause for our defensive problems. I still love Troy. (I just bought my little guy his jersey.) No, he hasn't been playing well as we're used to. I don't think he's run off and joined a cult....lol... I think he's played hurt...alot. Yes he's getting a big paycheck and needs to earn it. I hope he can step it up by the playoffs....actually tomorrow would be good. There ya go. :2cents: Wow. I think I'm becomming a moderate.

Steelersfan
12-19-2007, 11:28 PM
This whole team needs to show a pulse! Not just the D side. I've seen Steelers team (80's) that sucked and showed more life than this team.

I would take the Smith benching as a warning from the coach to the players if Smith was actually a starter. Now bench Troy and that would send a signal! Play some football or sit the bench no matter who you are!

memphissteelergirl
12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Don't you got like a Troy poem to write

OK, before you start flailing insults at people, clown, make sure you got the right person in mind! It's SteelersGirlTN7 that writes the poems-and pretty good ones too I might add.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
OK, before you start flailing insults at people, clown, make sure you got the right person in mind! It's SteelersGirlTN7 that writes the poems-and pretty good ones too I might add.

Clown? How mature....:lol: How was that insulting anyway? Get real and get a life please.....:lol:

TEEMONT
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Clown? How mature....:lol: How was that insulting anyway? Get real and get a life please.....:lol:

I write poetry when I have to take a poop.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I write poetry when I have to take a poop.

lol.....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok. Here's my 2 cents. I didn't mind Smith talking, I just wish that it would have worked out better when he did. There may be more to benching him than just the few plays that have been discussed.....which were bad misses. I don't necessarily think Tomlin to be the type of coach to air all the "dirty laundry". I've got enough confidence in Tomlin to be benching him for the right reasons at this point. I do not believe him to be the sole cause for our defensive problems. I still love Troy. (I just bought my little guy his jersey.) No, he hasn't been playing well as we're used to. I don't think he's run off and joined a cult....lol... I think he's played hurt...alot. Yes he's getting a big paycheck and needs to earn it. I hope he can step it up by the playoffs....actually tomorrow would be good. There ya go. :2cents: Wow. I think I'm becomming a moderate.

That brings back a good point..had we won that game or even if we lost and Smith wouldn't have been a major culprit, we wouldn't be talking about his smack talk right now or how he needs to be benched and what not. It's all in how the players play on sunday regardless of how munch they talk or not.

JensK
12-20-2007, 02:10 PM
lol, thats even more mature right there. Seriously, i believe we all have a PM system you can use for insulting eachother ;)

I think it's a pretty smart step from Tomlin. Anthony Smiths have been giving up some rather big plays lately. If its because he can't focus on the game, or w/e it is, its irrelevant. He needs some time off to think it all through. I believe and hope that we'll see a much more mature Anthony Smith next year. Am i the only one looking forward to the 08 season? :P

Mike Tomlin
12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
...Anyone got the latest on Haggins?..I heard he was limited at the last practice, i was hoping he was out so Woodley could get in there.

Me too!:banana:

memphissteelergirl
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM

How about we make a deal....I'll get real when you stop being such a prick...oh wait...sorry...forgot who I was talking to....never mind. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
How about we make a deal....I'll get real when you stop being such a prick...oh wait...sorry...forgot who I was talking to....never mind. :lol:

Clown and Prick.....:lol: Can't you do better little girl...lol

TEEMONT
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
wow all of this over a guy who isn't playing up to his new shiny contract. I'd hate to see how you react when someone criticizes a player who is playing well.

floodcitygirl
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I write poetry when I have to take a poop.Seriously.....thanks for sharing. lol

TEEMONT
12-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Seriously.....thanks for sharing. lol

my poo inspires Shakespeare...lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
my poo inspires Shakespeare...lol

So you start reciting Hamlet while taking a dump.....thats awesome....:lol:

floodcitygirl
12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
That brings back a good point..had we won that game or even if we lost and Smith wouldn't have been a major culprit, we wouldn't be talking about his smack talk right now or how he needs to be benched and what not. It's all in how the players play on sunday regardless of how munch they talk or not.Part of my point is that we don't necessarily know what all the reasons are that he was benched. I, at this point, have enough confidence in Coach Tomlin, to have made a decision that is best for the team. Hopefully it will show thru in productivity tonight....although the immediate results don't always show the value of a decision. Somethimes it takes waiting for the long term.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Benching a player that has two of the teams 9 INTs on defense is just retarded....sorry Tomlin dropped the ball here and is making an example out of Anthony Smith....Smith still will see playing time so its not like he won't be on the field....But still Anthony Smith is one of the few players that has any balls on this defense....I'm starting to think Troy had his removed...lol

LeXX75
12-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Benching a player that has two of the teams 9 INTs on defense is just retarded....sorry Tomlin dropped the ball here and is making an example out of Anthony Smith....Smith still will see playing time so its not like he won't be on the field....But still Anthony Smith is one of the few players that has any balls on this defense....I'm starting to think Troy had his removed...lol
Troy made more plays last week ..then Smith has made in 2 weeks..

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Another Troy defender......For every tackle Troy makes anymore...He misses one also....Maurice Jones-Drew made Troy his biatch Sunday a few times.....:lol: I swear some people just **** all over themselves when Troy makes a basic play anymore....

At least Smith made a game changing play against the Jags....That INT and return after the INT set up the Steelers second TD.....This defense has lacked game changing plays all year so lets bench a guy that has made one of them......lol

LeXX75
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Another Troy defender......For every tackle Troy makes anymore...He misses one also....Maurice Jones-Drew made Troy his biatch Sunday a few times.....:lol: I swear some people just **** all over themselves when Troy makes a basic play anymore....

At least Smith made a game changing play against the Jags....That INT and return after the INT set up the Steelers second TD.....This defense has lacked game changing plays all year so lets bench a guy that has made one of them......lol

so 1 bad weather int makes all the crap he has done OK...please..I have seen MR Smith miss his fair share of tackles this year also..funny you call me a Troy defender..I made 1 post on Troy..yes he has missed tackles this year..and he has not had a great year..but watch the game films.he is much better than A Smith at this point..Smiths's job as a FS is to be the last line of D..he has not down a good job at that the last couple of weeks...So Tomlin should just leave him in there to get sucked up on another play fake this week..because he had an int last week..

TEEMONT
12-20-2007, 03:30 PM

What game were you watching?

K Train
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
the same one where dierdorf slobbered all over troys dick...making people who didnt really know whats up think hes amazing

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2007, 03:50 PM
so 1 bad weather int makes all the crap he has done OK...please..I have seen MR Smith miss his fair share of tackles this year also..funny you call me a Troy defender..I made 1 post on Troy..yes he has missed tackles this year..and he has not had a great year..but watch the game films.he is much better than A Smith at this point..Smiths's job as a FS is to be the last line of D..he has not down a good job at that the last couple of weeks...So Tomlin should just leave him in there to get sucked up on another play fake this week..because he had an int last week..

Smith still has two more INTs then Troy...lol Plus Troy has been burned also many times dating back to last year..lol Another thing the whole D has sucked the last two weeks also...I guess Tomlin should bench the entire D also?...I never said Smith wasn't at fault but he is also just in his second season......Still a young player learning his craft were Troy is a 5 year vet...lol There is no excuse for Troy's sorry ***...

Stlrs4Life
12-20-2007, 04:11 PM
This could be needed, he has looked weak the past 2 weeks. Let him sit and think about it.

SteelerFan87
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Its funny do people really think I like writing posts knocking Troy? I really don't and I rather would like to write posts on him actually contributing to this defense...The simple fact he isn't so I have no choice...:lol: Plus with his contract it makes it that much easier to knock the guy....I don't think Troy has the balls to play NFL football anymore.....He is a spiritual zen master that is more interested in praying to buddha or whatever...lol

Yeah, that's what it is. It's his religion. (BTW, he's Christian, not Buddhist) It couldn't possibly have anything to do with his injuries, it must be his religion. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think this benching is just to send the message to Smith to be more disciplined and understand his duties in the defense more, instead of being overly agressive. I'm sure it will (and it better be) be just one game, and he'll bounce back from this and be a better player for it.

LeXX75
12-20-2007, 07:53 PM
the same one where dierdorf slobbered all over troys dick...making people who didnt really know whats up think hes amazing

Well its kinda hard to hear dickledorf when your at the game...but whatever

[AutoMerged Post Below]

What game were you watching?

The 1 were he lead the team in tackles....oh thats right tackles..don't matter..only int's...but of course I don't know what I'm lookin at..I'm just a Troy defender..:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Let's go Anthony, you may not be starting but lets get yourself back on track and make some big plays for us!

floodcitygirl
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....and I mean everyone. I just don't get where if you aren't bashing Troy at every turn and/or reverencing Anthony Smith it means you are slobbering, attatched, or somehow otherwise associated with male genitalia???? Just my observation from some recent threads. lol

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:45 AM
It's just the way forums go FCG. Some people find the need to call others homers and all that because they don't agree with their opinions. It's not just here but all over the web so don't get too worked up about it.

floodcitygirl
12-21-2007, 12:48 AM
It's just the way forums go FCG. Some people find the need to call others homers and all that because they don't agree with their opinions. It's not just here but all over the web so don't get too worked up about it.Totally not worked up here SF. Not to get political....BELIEVE ME....I've just felt like the moderate around here lately....or someone standing between the Hatfields and Mccoys. lol Not a role I'm used to.

TEEMONT
12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
The 1 were he lead the team in tackles....oh thats right tackles..don't matter..only int's...but of course I don't know what I'm lookin at..I'm just a Troy defender..:tt02:

And just think how many he would have had, if he wouldn't have whiffed about 6 times b/c he is just hitting people and not going for wrap ups.

Did anyone see the huge block Smith threw on Ike's INT return?

steelcitysfinestXL
12-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Fact of the matter is, w/ smith,carter,clark and troy we have 4 safties who can play at a high level. Most teams would kill to have any one of these guys, and we have the luxory of sitting here judging which ones we like... smith is the future, but i love the fact that we have Clark and Carter on the roster to push him. Now he knows, if he isnt playing at a high level, Tomlin will put his *** on the pine and put somebody in that will!!!

K Train
12-21-2007, 09:47 AM
And just think how many he would have had, if he wouldn't have whiffed about 6 times b/c he is just hitting people and not going for wrap ups.

you mean the vicious one where he dominated a man twice his size....yeah i saw that....what a scrub

TEEMONT
12-21-2007, 10:08 AM
you mean the vicious one where he dominated a man twice his size....yeah i saw that....what a scrub

I just saw it again on Sportscenter, he jacked that man's life up.

LeXX75
12-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Well maybe he missed his calling and we should move him to the OL....

Mike Tomlin
12-21-2007, 01:19 PM
I like the way he stepped up yesterday. He stopped some big plays on special teams and hustled to block for Ike on that return. Did you see how our D mounted up and and basically carried Ike to the endzone.

$teeler$guy
12-21-2007, 08:03 PM

really he is a huge embrassment im glad to see him on da bench

BB2W
12-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I thought it was the right move. Smith needs more dicipline and self control... Carter is more consistant. :2cents: