PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl - 5 Steelers voted in!

BringTheWoodley
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
The Steelers have five players who have been selected to the Pro Bowl, including two voted in as starters. Offensive guard Alan Faneca and linebacker James Harrison were elected as starters, and will be joined on the team by running back Willie Parker, safety Troy Polamalu and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

~~ From Steelers.com

DIESELMAN
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
:helmet:Ben Roethlisberger, :helmet:Willie Parker, :helmet:Alan Faneca, :helmet:Troy Polamalu and :helmet:James Harrison.

Troy and Alan in there just shows how big of a popularity contest it is.

kgreen
12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
This can't be real unless fans feel sorry about Troy being hurt.

TEEMONT
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
It's true, here's the link.

http://news.steelers.com/article/86285/

kgreen
12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Well congrats to Troy! I love Troy, but this was not his year. He was hurt too much to help our overrated Defense.

Prosdo
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Like Dieselman said this just proves what a sham the pro bowl is. How the hell does Alan Faneca deserve to go? Troy as much as I love him has been out how many games?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Troy and Alan both both got in on their reputations. Harrison definitely deserved it. Based on Willie's numbers this year,regardless of how people feel about him he's at the top of the league in rushing yards so he was a no brainer. Ben should have been in as a Starter !

TheButt
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Troy is a playmaker ! Troy makes a difference come game time !!!! Most people realize this except the few who thinks Tyrone imajuststandrighthereinthisspotwhilewelkerscoresth istd Carter should be playing instead of Troy.

AZ_Steeler
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Congrats to Ben... I am a little surprised by Ben but he definitely deserves it right along with Willie :clap: I can't knock on Troy too much... he is one of my favorites and it's always nice to see Steelers there in the PB :bigthumb:

BB2W
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Congrat to Ben, Willie, and James for making it for the first time. :helmet:

Stairwayto7
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Troy is very valuable though! He has to be accounted for each and every play! He does not have the numbers of the past years, but everyone tries to avoid going his way! That is respect!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
Ben with the respect! Hopefully him and Faneca won`t play at the same time, that way he won`t be on his back!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Troy a play-maker?....Not this year.....with 0 INTs and 0 sacks.....All this crap with Troy is old...You guys take the blinders off...lol He sucks this year bad....For every tackle he does make he misses one...lol

Troy has played like a hoe this year...plain and simple....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Troy is very valuable though! He has to be accounted for each and every play! He does not have the numbers of the past years, but everyone tries to avoid going his way! That is respect!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Ben with the respect! Hopefully him and Faneca won`t play at the same time, that way he won`t be on his back!

Nah even if Faneca is in there when Ben is; Alan will have some help with 4 other LEGIT pro bowlers :lol:

LatrobePA
12-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Happy for Ben, he deserves it!!

Iron City South
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Polamalu and Faneca should feel embarassed to even go.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
This is BS !! There are players who make it every year on reputation alone, it has always been that way and always will be. Dam give'em a break !! Congrats to all five !!:tt02::tt02:

yinzer
12-18-2007, 09:20 PM
great job guys. i can't believe marvel smith didn't get picked!:hilarious:

Iron City South
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Hell, they should have also picked Simmons and Mahan. No question they're pro-bowl material. I'm sure they feel left out

K Train
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Willie, Troy and faneca should not have made it....ben and harrison deserved it in a big way

TEEMONT
12-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Willie, Troy and faneca should not have made it....ben and harrison deserved it in a big way

Explain to me how Willie doesn't deserve to make it?

K Train
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
it was handed to him, now he has made it for a great season and a disappointing season....make him earn it, he leads the league in rushing now but said and done he wont...2 TDs isnt impressive at all and having soooo many more carries than anyone else, yet only up by like 11 yards means his YPC is mediocre at best. Hes been a huge disappointment this year, make him work extra hard to make the probowl next year....dont just give it to him.

Maybe give it to fred taylor who has had a revived career this year and just thrashed the best run defense in the league to pieces

i thought ben deserved it, i wasnt sure if he'd get in....but harrison to be starting is great, he REALLY was the only steeler i think was unquestioned on deserving.

Koopa
12-19-2007, 01:17 AM
ben and harrison are the only ones that deserve a congrats for making the pro bowl....... ben still has retard moments but he doesn't throw as many ints anymore and he actually threw more than 18 tds this year..... i hope the person that said ben should be starting was kidding, and if not you need to be hit in the face with a sledge hammer

harrison is a monster, i love that he's starting while the guy he replaced is sitting at home and playing for a 1 win team

willie is leading the lead in rushing by less then 10 yards and he's ran over 35 more times then anyone, that is not a good season at all, he only has 2 tds, and while i understand that's from ben throwing more tds, he could have at least 7 with as many times we've come up empty handed and settled for 3 deep in the redzone....... fred taylor should be in over him, he averages over 5 yards per carry, and is just beastly, willie isn't on his level, fred would have more yards if that midget didn't take more of his carries......

faneca, no explanation why he doesn't deserve it........it's gay that you get in off name

and troy, wow, this is sickening that he makes it, and i can't believe dick riders here justify it, he has made zero impact this year, oh wow he stopped garrard from getting a first down, he's a SUPER STAR!!!, gtfoh with that ****, he doesn't make an impact at all anymore, teams have figured all you have to do is put a wr on him and he's blocked out of a play cause he sucks zebra dick......hopefully troy will get better, but as i've been saying for 3 years now, he is OVERRATED.........train, you know what to bust out for the fans that cry

K Train
12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
lol @ sledge hammer and zebra dick