PDA

View Full Version : Woman brings husband's ashes to game

Dee Mca
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Richard Desrosiers never made it to Heinz Field to watch his beloved Steelers play football, but his widow helped him fulfill his dream in death. Thanks to some help from sympathetic donors, Kathleen Desrosiers attended Sunday's game, bringing an urn with some of her late husband's ashes, as well as his ring and two pictures of him. He had died in March of a brain tumor. "I couldn't take the tumor away. I couldn't take the pain away. I couldn't make him better.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7575348

Thanks for using FOXSports.com

I know I probably did it wrong but still it's a touching story and I wanted to share it with everyone. This is sorta like my fathers last request. Unfortunately we havent all been able to full fill that request yet.

StlersGuy
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
very cool

GoBenGo
12-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I know I probably did it wrong but still it's a touching story and I wanted to share it with everyone. This is sorta like my fathers last request. Unfortunately we havent all been able to full fill that request yet.

Thanks for posting it. very cool story, I have considered what to do with my ashes when the time comes. I would like this.
Had read once of a place called " Happy Hunting Grounds" that will entomb your loved one's ashes in the vessel of your choice. examples that they noted: In a shotgun shell and fired over favorite hunting grounds, in a football, in fishing lures, etc.
Had also heard about the same time of trio of fishing buddies who , when one passed on, had him cremated and his ashes put in an hourglass. He now goes on all the trips still, and acts as the timer for the "first fish" pool , a tradition of theirs.
Truly an honorable way to share the memory of a loved one.

BlitzburghNation
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
That's awesome,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

SteelerBee43
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
:clap: Great story!!

TampaSteelGirl
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
OMG! that is so sweet! Nice story!! I'm so glad he finally got to go to a game! I feel sad that he missed it while he was alive.

Forged in Steel
12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
There was a guy who ran out on the field and springled them everywhere! I think it was at an Eagles game.

Silverback 92
12-22-2007, 07:20 PM
a fan beyond the end, cool

steelersgal86
12-24-2007, 07:00 AM
wow...nice story :bigthumb: